letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Another Wrong Trivia Question?

This would be back to back times for me, this can't seem right, they play at least each team in the other other conference once a season, and then some teams twice.

Sorry, that is incorrect!

How many inter-conference games does an NHL team play in the regular season?
    • None
    Trivia is now over.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

I believe you're right.

Assuming Wiki is correct -- it should be 18.

Intra-Division 6 games × 4 opponents = 24
    Non-divisional, in conference 4 games × 10 opponents = 40
    Inter-conference 1 game × 12 opponents + 2 games × 3 opponents = 18

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

I agree, think it should be 18.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

And there ya have it...

Hey... speakin' of Trivia... 60pt question here... YEAH BABY!

n college football of the 1880's, what was a standard opening play?
    • C-Trick
    • D-Trick
    • V-Trick
    • The Flying V

Trivia is now over.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    And there ya have it...

• C-Trick
    • D-Trick
    • V-Trick
    • The Flying V

Trivia is now over.

Like a dummy I chose "The Flying V".......

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

And there ya have it...

• C-Trick
    • D-Trick
    • V-Trick
    • The Flying V

Trivia is now over.

Hmmm... seems my answer of The Flying V was correct. Another wrong Trivia?

Flying wedge and Flying V mean the same. Interchangeable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_wedge

"A flying wedge (flying V or wedge) is a configuration created from a body moving forward in a triangular formation."

"In American football, the formation was first introduced by Harvard in an collegiate game against Yale in 1892. But despite its practicality, it was outlawed two seasons later in 1894 because of its contribution to serious injury.[5] Nevertheless its concept continued to influence several football plays in the modern game,[6] until 2009 when NFL league owners agreed to strengthen its ban to completely disallow any type of blocking wedge formation.[7]"

And it was THIS formation that became "a standard opening play".

"Harvard's dangerous flying wedge quickly became the standard opening play for teams all across the country."

source (s):
    http://www.the-game.org/history-flyingwedge.htm

http://www.arrowssentforth.com/2011/09/flying-v-at-ncaa-hall-of-champions.html

Summary: My trivia question was WRONG. The standard opening play was The Flying V (which I chose).... not V-Trick.
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 03-06-12 at 11:40 AM.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Hey BiteMe same question I got yesterday and I got it wrong also at the time I thought I was def right. So basically I missed a chance to cashout or go to 175pts is there anything we could do or Sbr will do since it was right?
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave SBRMAN23 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Well since I got trivia this morning I can't go back and see yesterday trivia brilliant Sbr I'm actually sure it was my 175 pt question and we got screwed Biteme

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    Hey BiteMe same question I got yesterday and I got it wrong also at the time I thought I was def right. So basically I missed a chance to cashout or go to 175pts is there anything we could do or Sbr will do since it was right?
    Well please forgive me cuz I'm doing various stuff here and checking in between some breaks.....

The whole question is F'd up because it references the 1880's and The Fying V was introduced in 1892.

HOWEVER, the V-Trick was a derivative of the Flying V (I can hunt down some links to prove that later) so obviously it came after.

Bottom line... question is screwed.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

Well please forgive me cuz I'm doing various stuff here and checking in between some breaks.....

The whole question is F'd up because it references the 1880's and The Fying V was introduced in 1892.

HOWEVER, the V-Trick was a derivative of the Flying V (I can hunt down some links to prove that later) so obviously it came after.

Bottom line... question is screwed.
    So basically they made the answer V trick knowing damn well it was more like a trick question HAHA they know what they doing when they pull this type of nonsense. But as soon as I read the question the first answer that came to mind from prior knowledge was the Flying V.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

what do you expect?

they paid sbr posters to write the questions.

98% of us are dumb fukks so surely thats who they picked.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave RudyRuetigger 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    So basically they made the answer V trick knowing damn well it was more like a trick question HAHA they know what they doing when they pull this type of nonsense. But as soon as I read the question the first answer that came to mind from prior knowledge was the Flying V.
    Yes, indeed.. The Flying V is the play immortalized by a STATUE at the NCAA Hall of Champions museum, NOT the V-Trick.

Seems I was incorrect about the V-Trick being a derivative of the Flying V, tho. It was introduced earlier but here's the key point: It did NOT become "a standard opening play" (in fact, the play got dropped and then resurfaced later).

It was The Flying V that became the standard opening play (as noted by football historians in many sources)... that's why it has the friggin museum statue! Only after TFV were wedges used commonly.

"By 1893 wedges and V formations were being used with regularity"

http://voices.yahoo.com/whatever-hap...21.html?cat=14

In fact, the V-Trick:

"It was credited to Princeton and Lehigh in 1884, dropped and then revived again in 1888
    ."

It never became a standard opening play.

Now.... before some twit (say, like zsr, for example) comes along and says "it's only betpoints why you spazzin over fukkin trivia fp's blah blah blah....."

THAT'S NOT THE POINT, TWIT!

I don't care about the points lost due to a F'd up question; in fact, I gave SBRMAN 50 pts just because of the principal of the matter.

The question is screwed and should be removed from rotation.
    Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 03-06-12 at 11:37 AM.

RudyRuetigger

go to live chat, they might help you out.

charity appreciates the points

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    go to live chat, they might help you out.

charity appreciates the points
    I personally don't care enough about the "lost points" so I'm not gonna do anything but I absolutely wouldn't blame anyone for pursuing it thru live chat (which you kindly suggested) for getting screwed by this stupid question.

And I'm not trying to make a mountain outta a molehill... just think the question should be removed is all (and wanted to back it up w/facts).

You are a principled guy, Rudy... you know what I'm talkin' about!

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down

I do appreciate those points BiteMe and for ppl to say its just points we have the system for a reason we pay to be sbr pros and are suppose to not be cheated even if its just points. We have points loans to pay off so winning and gettting questions right for points is something we look to for help in doing so. Its just the principle of it all period.

RudyRuetigger

actually, last week i went to live chat and talked to shari. i told her my screen said i timed out and i thought i clicked the wrong answer but when i clicked on my history it said i got all 3 right. she said no matter what i was getting the 175pt freeplay even though my badge didnt show up (and i did).

although, i could have pursued my 175pt question the next time but i figured it evened out

hhsilver

go to this page

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2011/0...nd-the-big-ten

and read that the v-trick preceded the flying wedge, which didn't get used until 1892. The question referred to the 1880s. I didn't read the entire page , but from what I see , they are not the same and the question's correct answer is v trick. ( I would call this a trick question)

I could be wrong ( and/or that page could be wrong). - I don't want to spend a lot of time on this. But if you're interested , you should read that page and look for other sources.

It seems clear from that page that v-trick and flying wedge, while related, are not synonymous
    Last edited by hhsilver; 03-06-12 at 03:24 PM.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by hhsilver View Post
    go to this page

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2011/0...nd-the-big-ten

and read that the v-trick preceded the flying wedge, which didn't get used until 1892. The question referred to the 1880s. I didn't read the entire page , but from what I see , they are not the same and the question's correct answer is v trick. ( I would call this a trick question)

I could be wrong ( and/or that page could be wrong). - I don't want to spend a lot of time on this. But if you're interested , you should read that page and look for other sources.

It seems clear from that page that v-trick and flying wedge, while related, are not synonymous
    Thanks for your comments, hh, and yes, everything you say is correct but I address all of those points in previous posts in this thread with linked sources.

Take care, bud.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

And there ya have it...

• C-Trick
    • D-Trick
    • V-Trick
    • The Flying V

Trivia is now over.

The D-Trick is my standard opening play too.

hhsilver

Thanks for your comments, hh, and yes, everything you say is correct but I address all of those points in previous posts in this thread with linked sources.

Take care, bud.
    Yes, I see that now. I didn't carefully read everything you wrote. Early on you said they were interchangeable and that's what I was mainly addressing, along with the 1880s in the question vs the 1892 intro of the flying wedge. I should have read all of what you wrote.

A bad thing about the question is the "opening play" thing. From what I read in that link, that fits the flying wedge which was used on kickoffs as opposed to the earlier v trick which I think was used on scrimmage plays.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

so what ever came from this? i had this fukked up 60 pointer today. if this question is worth 50 more points then my 10 pointer of "which of these teams isn't in the NFL"....then whats worth 115 more then this shitty question?

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Apparently SBR does not feel that even though this trivia question has been proved very questionable if not wrong that it should be taken out of the rotation. Thanks SBR for keeping it classy.

And to those who will say its only points, that is not the point. I play to have fun, but like to keep it on a fair level. The fact that someone has disproved this question yet they still allow it to come up says a lot.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    Apparently SBR does not feel that even though this trivia question has been proved very questionable if not wrong that it should be taken out of the rotation. Thanks SBR for keeping it classy.

are you really surprised?