Originally posted on 03/26/2012:

I am a rockies season ticket holder and watch the NL west as much as humanly possible. I have a insomnia issue and dvr Vin scully all 162 games a year I fall asleep to Vinny 260ish nights a year when Im not in LV.

I play poker for a living and I owe LTA I followed him some around the beginning of the season. Heres my take.

Arizona- Wins the wild card at the least. I hate the Dbacks but the addition of Cahill to a a already formidable rotation and the bat of Kubel makes me believe this team & orginization want more than last year.
Kirk Gibson is a firecracker and showed great poise and patience with his bullpen last year. I expect more of the same.
They will not sneak up on anyone this season but that rotation should weather some storms. If theyre bullpen is as good as last year I believe we see 86-90 wins.

San Fran-
Same old same old. Cain, lincecum, baumgartner, Sanchez whoever they throw out there isnt gonna give up much that's for sure.
However the bullpen and lineup just arent what I expected from a orginization known for making huge moves didn't add the power hitter I expected and after watching Wison struggle and Affeldt look tired last sept I expected some big named to land in that bullpen.
I see this team contending but not being a 87-95 win team they were in 09 & 10.
Posey will have a impact i have them as a 84 win team.

San diego-The Oakland A's of the NL. They trade alot of arms the last 2 years and it's clear that Adrian Gonzales was the face of their franchise and theyre a team in a steady rebuilding position. With that said they will have alot of prospects getting major league experience and as we saw 2 years ago they can do some damage to their division foes. I dont see enough talent here to be a 500 team but with that coaching staff 73-78 wins where theyre a year maybe 2 away would be probable imho.

LA- Its pretty sad that the team with maybe the best starting pitcher and definitly the best centerfielder in the game has no ownership group that can surround Kershaw & Kemp with enough firepower to really make a run in the near future.
I cabt see this team who struggled last year better and I have them being a most 75 win team at best. No offseason moves and of last week no closer had been named.
I spend alot of time at commerce and all the local dodger fans have the same complaint in common..
55$ a ticket for right field is attrocious and they dont sign anyone and all the money goes to divorce settlements etc
it is what it is.

My 1st of what imagine will be hundreds of bets this season...

Colorado Rockies (3 units)
under 81.5 games
This is my team mind you and yes theyre have alot of bats. Made some meh moves by getting a formidable cather replacing iannetta and getting something for stewart.
Heres where they will fail badly. They have no bullpen! Betancourt struggles with his delivery and although he throws hard the ball travels much further in the thin air. He has trouble spotting his pitches and has struggled with his control the past two seasons.

Thy have major holes in center field and 3rd base. Dexter Fowler every year we hear how hes the 2nd coming and has been working so hard with the games best in the offseason.. June dexters always in AAA.
Lets say Dexter has a good year, scutaro and cuddyer all have great years.
Rotation is Chacin (decebt but not a #1)
Guthrie (17 losses we trade for him)
PomerNantz (rookie whos shown sone promise in spring but he throws low 90s and in coors on a hot day thats gonna get hit out alot)
Nicasio- nothing bad to say here win or lose the guy deserves alot of credit just for going out there. He almost died last season I was at that game and it affected me and my friensa quite badly it was very unpleasant.
Moyer!
Tulo, cargo will put up numbers but I have the team pegged same as last year. 76 wins and they had a healthy Delarosa and Jiminez for half of tge year as well.
It could be a gery long summer and I hope Im wrong but in case Im not Id like to profit from it.