Ringo
    Ringo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1119

Yeah it s choke time for the over-rated mets

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Its very simple boys.......

Just take a look at who the Mets have been playing the past 3 weeks.

That coupled with the Phillies and Marlins bats going into tremendo hibernation has got the Mets where they are.

The NL East race is wide open boys. Book it.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

mets suck

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    is anyone suprised
    the mets have never had heart,
    the phils will win that divsion as some of us have said since april

go phils
    mets aint good
    no pen, no heart
    just check cashin bitches

Once again the knowledgable one speaks. Meltdown? Mets are 8-2 in their last 10 games. Their bullpen hasn't been good all season long so it isn't suprising that they are going to blow saves and it is a good thing for Philly fans that we have a shitty bullpen or Phillies would already be out of the hunt because Mets would be up about 10 games but hey Ryan looks like even with one of the worst bullpens they still lead the division. And if you are going to attack the heart of the Mets why don't you look at your pathetic lineup. Has Ryan Howard reached base this month? Its pretty sad when Feliz has to come in and score all the runs to win a game because Howard can't even hit a baseball. He went from a feared hitter to a AA hacker in one year. Every pitcher that faces the Phillies knows going in he will have at least 2 strikeouts that game if Howard is in the lineup. Must be tough getting booed at your own stadium because the power hitter can't even get a ball out of the infield and in most cases out of the batters box. So if you want to talk about heart then you better be questioning that great lineup that can't hit their way out of a wet paper sack before you go looking to other teams. Just wait a few days and the Mets will take care of the Phillies for good just like they have all season long. And as ZBoi says "you can take that to the bank"

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Mets take this division because they are the most balanced team. The Phillies have a pen and an offense sometimes, but no starting pitching. The Marlins are the same deal. The Mets are the only one of them with all three. Say what you want about their bullpen, but there are certain guys they can turn to like Duaner Sanchez and Feliciano.

ryanXL977

mets beat up on the nats and pirates and pads, big deal
    the phils will win the division, the mets are gutless, have no pen, and always choke
    they will choke again

ps. ryan howard will end up with at least 10 more homers than anyone on the mets will, so i guess he can still hit

feliciano, heilman
    what a pen

unde0087
    Did we win?

mets beat up on the nats and pirates and pads, big deal
    the phils will win the division, the mets are gutless, have no pen, and always choke
    they will choke again

ps. ryan howard will end up with at least 10 more homers than anyone on the mets will, so i guess he can still hit

feliciano, heilman
    what a pen

Mets don't make the schedule they just go out and play the games. And if we are going to this subject look at the Phils schedule, they played the same teams other than Dodgers. Ya, Phils schedule has been full of tough games like Pittsburgh, Dodgers, San Diego, and Washington. Wow Ryan, looks like they are really playing some tough games as well so nice try on the schedule bullshit. Anyone who says that shit is just trying to find reasons on why the Phils are still behind the Mets in the standings. Here is a good stat for you though, Phils have won only 4 of 14 against the Mets all year long so good luck with that one. Howard might end up with more homers but will have more strikouts than half the Mets lineup for the year. Everyone gets to see him go 0-4 with 3 K's tonight again on ESPN 2 and tack on to that league leading 170 strikeouts. I am guessing he will get booed again tonight.

Hey Ryan, I would side bet you for the rest of the Mets/Phils games but I hear you don't pay up when you lose so I guess we will forgo that one, plus Mets have destroyed your pathetic Phils all season long anyways.

ryanXL977

what are you so angry for dude? every year the mets fall apart and this year will be no different. the phils havent hit for months and they are .5 games back
    this is the first year in many that the mets took the season series from the phils, good for them

they have no pen at all, none
    that will destroy them
    sit back and watch them fall apart

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no way u can call me a Met's homer cuz I hate them. Nevertheless, I still think they will take this division. I agree that the phils have a good pen, but you never seem to talk about their starting pitching. It is not very good. Hamels is all they have. Kendrick sucks, Blanton is decent, Myers sucks, Moyer is decent. The Mets have: Santana, Ollie Perez and Pelfrey who are all good. Maine is not so great but is now on the DL. And Pedro kinda sucks, but is better than Myers. Starting pitching is a pretty big deal. And offensively, the Mets are better than the phils. They have a much more balanced offense.

ryanXL977

myers doesnt suck dude, not at all
    this is a guy who can pitch as wel as anyone, when he wants to
    pedro isnt CLOSE to myers
    there is nothing bigger than a pen, and the mets pen is as bad as any
    moyer is good, hammels is good, myers is good
    blanton is decent, just like maine, pelfrey and yes, kendrick sucks

but rollins and utley have done nothing for 2 months and they are .5 gb
    theyll win the divisioon

you saying myers sucks is messed up dude

and i know you aint no mets homer

unde0087
    Did we win?

Ryan, I am just telling you the facts. Mets will separate themselves from the Phils when they destroy them in the final 5 games. You heard it here first.

Mets will win the division

ryanXL977

i mean, we will see
    and i didnt hear it there first, everyone says mets, they were favored from april 1 on bc of johan

phils have not been close to their potential, rollins, myers, etc

they will win the div
    youll see

I LUV (.) (.)
    I LUV (.) (.)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody like the pirates tonite

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by I LUV (.) (.) View Post
    anybody like the pirates tonite

Cubs have demolished the Pirates this season, I like that to continue

jillmark
    Update your status
    jillmark's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5145

I am a phillies fan and something just does not feel right to me about the team chemistry this year. The Mets have their own problems...mainly bullpen and Florida I think is out of it, but they always play better just when you count them out. I think it is wide open race and the three games series with the Mets at Philly starting tomorrow is very important. As a phillies fan I would settle with winning two of three and picking up a game. I won't get greedy and hope for a sweep. I know that won't happen this year.

ryanXL977

at some point rollins and the rest will get going
    they will win the east

ryanXL977

guess ole jimmy rollins is waking up eh

Cloak & Dagger
    Cloak & Dagger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Mets don't make the schedule they just go out and play the games. And if we are going to this subject look at the Phils schedule, they played the same teams other than Dodgers. Ya, Phils schedule has been full of tough games like Pittsburgh, Dodgers, San Diego, and Washington. Wow Ryan, looks like they are really playing some tough games as well so nice try on the schedule bullshit. Anyone who says that shit is just trying to find reasons on why the Phils are still behind the Mets in the standings. Here is a good stat for you though, Phils have won only 4 of 14 against the Mets all year long so good luck with that one. Howard might end up with more homers but will have more strikouts than half the Mets lineup for the year. Everyone gets to see him go 0-4 with 3 K's tonight again on ESPN 2 and tack on to that league leading 170 strikeouts. I am guessing he will get booed again tonight.

Hey Ryan, I would side bet you for the rest of the Mets/Phils games but I hear you don't pay up when you lose so I guess we will forgo that one, plus Mets have destroyed your pathetic Phils all season long anyways.

he likes the Twins a few weeks ago when they were winning

then it was the Rangers....

who is it this week?

ryanXL977

it doesnt bother me that you follow me around spouting out garbage
    but everyone on here knows i have been on the twins all year, the phils all year, and when the rangers were value, i bet them
    i suppose you dont understand teams go hot and cold and ride them when hot

i have season long bets placed in march for twins to win their div and phils to win theirs, for dbacks to win theirs too

i mean, you can troll and follow me everywhere but i would htink such a busy dude with a big tv and blunts to smoke would have more to do

guess i would be wrong
    oh well, what a life this dude has

ryanXL977

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Ryan, I am just telling you the facts. Mets will separate themselves from the Phils when they destroy them in the final 5 games. You heard it here first.

Mets will win the division
    once again you are on the outside looking in
    you sure know your stuff

ps. good call on mets and on tb

unde0087
    Did we win?

you are a beauty Ryan, I actually went 3-2 if you are talking about yesterday. I hardly feel bad about taking Mets if it took 13 innings and a 7 run comeback for the Phillies to beat me. But write down a couple quotes in your little journal so you and your little dog can read them together and smile. O, ya, congrads on finally posting a winner. Maybe now you can pay back Pat for the money you owe him....you think Pat?

ryanXL977

grrr, rage, anger

grrrrr
    grrrrre
    rage
    anger

go mets
    meltdownnnn

ryanXL977

also, brilliant call citing halladays prior stats vs tb
    thbose were very relevant
    you are one bright fella

grrrr
    rage
    anger

grrrrr

ryanXL977

up 7-0
    lost
    kind of a big deal

grrr

unde0087
    Did we win?

If they meltdown they meltdown, I know our bullpen is normally horrible and that will probably end up making this team miss the playoffs but what am I going to do. The one good feeling of this year is Mets beat down Phillies this year. They could win the rest of the games and still not have a winning record vs the Mets. Santana doesn't need a bullpen though so good luck Phillies. Should be another good one. But I have to role with Santana. If Mets can't win with him on the mound, they don't deserve to win the division.

ryanXL977

the mets have blown 8 games where johan was up, 8 games
    a pen makes or breaks a team
    yes, the mets have raped the phils this yr, but it doesnt mean a lot when you keep blowing huge games night after night
    its comical, its the mets season, it happens every single day
    its very hard to overcome
    i am more than happy to have a sensible discussion with you, let me know

ryanXL977

if the mets hold on and win this will be very big for them
    not sure why seanez was left in
    mind boggling

unde0087
    Did we win?

Don't look now Ryan, those Meltdown Mets just took Phillies down again.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Phillies Meltdown? Bullpen looking strong again tonight

ryanXL977

Last edited by ryanXL977; 08-29-08 at 09:00 PM.

ryanXL977

another bullpen loss

they will fall apart soon

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Walk off BB

LOLBB

unde0087
    Did we win?

another bullpen loss

they will fall apart soon

Ryan, looks like a sweep of the Brewers on the road, Meltdown Phillies can't even get any closer when they are winning games and then they lose ground playing the Nationals. Mets bullpen can't even keep Phillies in this race.

12 Last