fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Doesn't this look good?

MLB Futures: American League
    Fri 6/6 Will the 2008 NY Yankees make the playoffs?
    04:05 PM 101 Yes 1.787
    102 No 2.110

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't be so quick to fade the Yankees. I may be a little biased as a Yankee fan. But I am going to say this as a baseball fan. Every year, the Yankees get off to a slow start. Typically, April and May are not very good months for them. Then their bats start heating up in June. They really get cooking after the All Star break. And they always come out of nowhere and claim a playoff spot. The Rays are a good team, don't get me wrong. But they are still a very young team and a somewhat streaky team at that. They are really only good at home and they will eventually come back down.The rays are usually the complete opposite of the yankees each season, except they usually don't play this well.

All I am saying is, at this point last year, the Yankees were 14.5 games back in the East and they were still able to make the playoffs.

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

This year seems to be more ****ed up than usual. They are pinning a lot of hope on a 22 year old reliever.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I don't see them making the wild card, not with the Rays looking legit. That's a factor they haven't had to deal with in past slow starts.