tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Run lIne plays

Wednesday 4/23

Bluejays -1.5
    Roy Holliday will be pitching against the Rays. He pitched a complete game and lost 4-1 in his previous start. I like taking Holliday after he loses. Being on the road, will give the bluejays an extra opportunity to score insurance runs.
    Reds -1.5
    Arroyo lost his last start at home start and is 0-2 on the year. Sampson needs to pitch little league and and they even may score some runs. Sampson last pitched on Friday night against a tired Rockies team, which played the padres the night before in a 22 inning game. He could not even get out of the first innings. Astros really need to demote Sampson back to the minor leagues. If Sampson does not get a quality start, it will leave the astros bullpen vulnerable. I am looking for the reds to score 8-9 runs by themselves.
    Pirates -1.5
    Main reason I like the pirates is because the cardinals had to go the 12th inning and lose to the brewers. The cardinals will be restricted on who can they use out of the bullpen on wednesday. Wellemeyer has won his last 2 starts (win and no decision) and I am fading him for a loss. The cardinals did win Wllemeyers last 2 starts against the giants. Wellemeyer gave up 5 runs in 5 innings but the cardinals roughed up the giants bullpen in that game. Wellmeyer receieved a no decision. Wellemeyer pitched another start against the giants on Friday and won 11-1. Snell has pitched well against the cardinals and is coming off a loss to the cubs. The cardinal bullpen may be vulnerable espeically after today's loss in extra innings to the brewers.
    Phillies -1.5 runs
    Cole Hamels is usually due for a win after a loss. The brewers are in a bad situation. THe brewer bullpen had to go extra innings last night and may have to pick up the slack if Dave Bush struggles early against the phillies. Bush does not have great numbers agaisnt the phillies. Hamels lost his previous start against the mets 6-4. Hamels lost 2 in a row to begin 2007 and Hamel did not lose consecutive starts for the rest of the year. Hamels is an elite pitcher and rarely loses back to back games. Hamels lost his previous start in Milwaukee 6-5 and Bush was the starter in that game. Bush did not pitch well in that game, going 5 innings and giving up 5 runs. In that game, the brewer bullpen did pick up the slack but that will not be the case tommorrow. The brewer bullpen will be vulnerable as the brewers had to go to extra innings to beat the cardinals today.
    Tigers -1.5
    The pressure is on the rangers starters to get some quality starts. The ranger bullpen is horrendous and especially on this road trip. The tiger bats have finally awakened. The tigers finally will give Kenny Rogers some run support as they tatoo MEndoza first and than the ranger bullpen. The tigers get back Granderson and Polanco back on Wednesday. Granderson makes the tigers offense more diffiicult to pitch around.
    Last edited by tab; 04-23-08 at 02:26 AM.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Wednesday 4/23

Bluejays -1.5
    Reds -1.5
    Tigers -1.5
    Dodgers -1.5
    dodgers plays the reds

tab

The astros are playing the reds in Cincy tommorrow and the dodgers are playing dbacks in LA tommorrow. The reds just played a 2 game series against the dodgers. I change my mind on taking the dodgers tommorrow night.

pico
    USC ml

my bad, i thought you're posting tuesday plays

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Interested in seeing how this plays out. GL!!

Blargh
    Hurrah!
    Blargh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Good read.
    I was looking at Jays, Tigers and Phillies myself.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Arroyo sucks and Hamels is getting shelled.

tab

2-3 on the runline on wed 4/23

Tigers -1.5
    The tiger bats have finally awakened and the rangers need a day off. Rangers bullpen is getting hammered because Rangers starters are also getting lit up. The rangers bullpen is taking a beating and cannot hold leads. The tigers are peaking on offense now and helps to have Granderson and Polanco back. Rangers cannot match the tigers on offense especially facing Bonderman. The numbers the tigers put today are what they are capable of doing especially against one of the weakest pitching staffs in the majors.

pico
    USC ml

2-2...not bad...i think you're up for the day

tab

I was actually 2-3 for the day on the run lines but taking the plus action pays off. I did win big on the pirates -1.5 (+180) which help offset two of my losses on the runline. I also had the dodgers on the ML and took the Giants Under 7 runs (+105). Talking plus action really pays as it helps to minimize losses and maximizes profits.

tab

Runline plays friday

Reds -1.5 (+120)
    Tigers -1.5 (+170)
    Brewers -1.5 (+125)