No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

All the signs were there with that last game

What a bizarre final few innings. Game wasn't fixed, necessarily, but something was up.

Lester pitches a gem, but Patterson drops a ball in the outfield that leads to the first Mariner hit -- a home run to make it 2-1. Weird.

Sharps pounded Seattle late. Why? M's are fighting each other, and they were starting Pauley against a red-hot Lester. It's not like Seattle was going to hit Lester, which they didn't.

When Seattle went up 2-1, I noticed Boston was +220 live betting. In the 6th inning? Again, very odd.

Just some casual observations from a game that seemed rather fishy.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Stayed away.

Feel like i won.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Stayed away.

Feel like i won.
    Boston at +220 between the 6th and 7th really got me thinking. Here's a team that's -200, they're only down 2-1 after a fluke two runs have been scored, and yet they're +220 for the rest of the game? I live bet occasionally, and I've never seen anything like that.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Over-analyzing. Just play under at Safeco. No further analysis needed.

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

+220 was terrible price w/Boston at that point

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30925

That Boston game was one of the few i lost all day, couldn't believe what i was seeing. Still great day tho.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    +220 was terrible price w/Boston at that point
    +220 for a Boston team down 1 with 9 outs to go against the Mariners and their gascan bullpen? When they were -200 for the game?

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lester was nearly spent w/depleted pen behind him, so Seattle had better chance of adding on at home already up 2-1. Lester was -200 pregame, but that was totally out the window at that point. After 6th Red Sox were on life support and probably lose >75% of the time. +220 was pretty bad which shouldn't come as surprise considering everyone's gonna bet Boston or nothing at that point.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    Lester was nearly spent w/depleted pen behind him, so Seattle had better chance of adding on at home already up 2-1. Lester was -200 pregame, but that was totally out the window at that point. After 6th Red Sox were on life support and probably lose >75% of the time. +220 was pretty bad which shouldn't come as surprise considering everyone's gonna bet Boston or nothing at that point.
    Have you seen Seattle's RP's in action?

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

That dam game was rigged! If you guys don't believe it, you got some more learning to do. All prof. sports are riggrd to a certain extent. This was a prime example. It's all about the money!!!