rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Saturday Day Games!

Today there are a handful of day games on the slate, and every single one of them is an absolutely fantastic pitching matchup and must-watch contest. In Chicago, Randy Wells and his fellow Cubbies look to continue their run against the struggling Fightin’ Phils, who have their used-to-be-ace Cole Hamels on the hill in a basic must win for the Phils.
    PHI C Hamels -122 @ CUB R Wells +102.
    The Phils caught a break last night when the Braves lost a game the oddsmakers thought they should win after the phils blew a late 3-1 lead and faced the possibility of falling 6.5 games behind the youngsters from the ATL. Fortunately for the Phils, their old buddy Randy Wolf bailed them out. Today they are going to need some more help but this time from one of their own. Hamels has gone 7 strong innings in each of his last 3 three starts, only allowing a total of 6 earned runs. The Phils, however, are 1-2 in those games, losing to the Bravos and at the Pirates. Their only win was the most recent start, and gave Hamels one run of support in a 1-0 shutout win at home against the central leading Cincinnati Reds.
    Randy Wells had an even worse start to the season than Cole Hamels, but has really started to show some signs of his former self. In his last three outings, the tough righty has given the Cubs a quality start each time out, just like Cole. Randy faced similar opponents, getting a start against Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, the only difference was the start @ LAD, in which he took the L in a support-less 3-2 defeat. The Cubs lost two of those three great starts, just like the Phils for Hamels, only getting the win vs the division leading Reds. Wells has become more consistent striking out batters over his last three, has only issued two walks total in his last 14.2 IP.
    I really like the Phillies to win one today, but with the complete lack of offense and the great pitching matchup, this one really could go either way. Im still not completely convinced that Hamels has returned, and I never trust him on the road. I have read some posts on the over in this contest today, o9.5 actually, and I just dont see that happening. I like the under, whatever it ends up showing up at.
    Ill take the Phils and the under here.

Other day games today worth a look:
    105pm: DET -152 (Verlander) @ +132 CLE (Carmona): In the first matchup of a day/night double header, both AL Central squads go to their ace. No way Detroit loses two in a row here. Verlander will pitch a gem. Id like to advise you to hit the -1.5, but I think this will be a low scoring affair. The o/u currently sits at 8. I dont wanna touch that. Play Detroit ML, parlay with Wainwright.

410pm: StL -173 (Wainwright) v +153 LOS (Kuroda): Another amazing pitching matchup as the Dodgers look to finally take a game from the pitching loaded Cards. Down 0-2 they look to beat one of the best pitchers in the NL. Pound the Cards -1.5, +125 and make some serious early money today.

410pm: 105pm: NYY -135 (AJ) v TB +115 (Niemann) : I would hop all over this TB dog. I hate Burnett and never know what to expect from the guy. Niemann is a stud. If it just wasn’t for that never-quit Yankee offense.

Good luck today.

rustyscrub
    rustyscrub's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gotta love Verlander goin vs the Tribe. He was lights out in his start at Progressive Field earlier this yr.

good stuff man

GL

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

cubs for sure

phLLyphan11
    phLLyphan11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice info..I like the Phils and Detriot.

rthoughton

The phils are a goddamned joke.

rthoughton

Who won! And nailed the under. 2-1 on this thread... unless youre tagging me for the parlay, too. ha.

rthoughton

4-1 on the saturday blog. not too shabby.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

great work bro