Lazyboy311
    Lazyboy311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Take NYY Action....NOW

It's worth a shot: ESPN's Buster Olney just reported that he would be "shocked" if Cliff Lee makes the start for SEA tonight vs the Yanks.

Due to all the trade talk surrounding Lee and this report, I am willing to take the shot at near even money to get Phil Hughes vs a Seattle team that just plain sucks without Lee on the bump.

Take NYY (ACTION) v SEA tonight...and let's hope Lee gets taken off the mound and the line shoots to -150. Could present a free-money hedge opportunity

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

interesting idea

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

It will happen today because the rumor is out there. There is no chance in hell he pitches tonight with something like this floating around.

kc714
    kc714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

does taking the mariners listed and the yankees action make any sense? cause what if he pitches?

2daBank

i got down for a pretty good amount, here's to hoping for a nice scalp opportunity

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kc714 View Post
    does taking the mariners listed and the yankees action make any sense? cause what if he pitches?

if you take mariners listed then you dont have action if lee doesnt pitch..i figure even if Lee pitches ill be able to buy back w/o losing much if anything, totally worth a shot to me...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3804

why wouldn't he start ? he's still Mariner property and they want to win the game.

Lazyboy311

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i got down for a pretty good amount, here's to hoping for a nice scalp opportunity

Me toooooooo !!!!!!!!!

Worst comes to worst, it gets to be about 8pm, nothing has happened andI just buy back against. Hell, we may not even lose the vig...I'm starting to think I'm not the only one out there who is going to play this game on this info, so by 8pm, the line may already move so much for NYY that it may be a FREE shot in the dark....gotta love those!!

Law-Byrnes
    Law-Byrnes's Avatar Become A Pro!

They might not trust him knowing he's going to be going to the Yankees.

2daBank

i agree Lazyboy doubt it cost us anything if so just pennies, but if Lee gets scratched we making money....good stuff....

Lazyboy311

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    why wouldn't he start ? he's still Mariner property and they want to win the game.
    2 Thoughts:

1) Injury. Nuff Said. (Especially with Lee's history of ab strains)

2) NYY, who are in a tight race for division, finalize the deal in order to "give" themselves another win. If they get this done today instead of tomorrow, they avoid Lee starting against them, and seeing as SEA sucks biggins without him, essentially "give" NYY a win. And in a division like the AL East, how much do you think the Yanks value each and every win?!?!

If I asked you "What team would make a move just before their aquisition target was scheduled to start against them, making an underhanded and $$ move that "buys" them wins??"

You would say, without skipping a beat: "The Yankees"

I agree with you

gshock1

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy311 View Post

2 Thoughts:

1) Injury. Nuff Said. (Especially with Lee's history of ab strains)

2) NYY, who are in a tight race for division, finalize the deal in order to "give" themselves another win. If they get this done today instead of tomorrow, they avoid Lee starting against them, and seeing as SEA sucks biggins without him, essentially "give" NYY a win. And in a division like the AL East, how much do you think the Yanks value each and every win?!?!

If I asked you "What team would make a move just before their aquisition target was scheduled to start against them, making an underhanded and $$ move that "buys" them wins??"

You would say, without skipping a beat: "The Yankees"

I agree with you
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

Cheers...

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

I played the Yankees (action) at even money this morning once I saw the am sportscenter. Good luck with this boys.

Snowball

ok I'm gonna hit it now.
    Yankees know how to get things done.
    then we can think about the arbitrage later
    although that is optional.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

2daBank

ok someone just told me that we wont get it at this price w/action if Lee gets scratched, ive never really bet action so i do not know if this is true

Lazyboy311

ok someone just told me that we wont get it at this price w/action if Lee gets scratched, ive never really bet action so i do not know if this is true

$*&^#&@!!!! I think you're correct....(posted from my book's rules):

1. Money-line wagers on baseball will be accepted in the following manner:
    2. Action - team against team, regardless of the starting pitchers.

• Listed Pitchers - if both starting pitchers are not exactly as specified at the time of the bet, the wager will be deemed "no action".
    • One Listed Pitcher - this is a wager on or against one specified pitcher, regardless of the other starting pitcher. If the specified pitcher does not start, the wager is deemed "no action". (Examples: "the Red Sox versus Wells" indicates a wager against Wells. "Wells against the Red Sox" indicates a wager on Wells).
    1. In the event there is a pitching change prior to the game, the money-line will be re-adjusted and "action" wagers will be graded using the opening price for the new pitcher.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

To me, if you bet action, as long as the game is played you have action.

gshock1

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyboy311 View Post

$*&^#&@!!!! I think you're correct....(posted from my book's rules):

1. Money-line wagers on baseball will be accepted in the following manner:
    2. Action - team against team, regardless of the starting pitchers.

• Listed Pitchers - if both starting pitchers are not exactly as specified at the time of the bet, the wager will be deemed "no action".
    • One Listed Pitcher - this is a wager on or against one specified pitcher, regardless of the other starting pitcher. If the specified pitcher does not start, the wager is deemed "no action". (Examples: "the Red Sox versus Wells" indicates a wager against Wells. "Wells against the Red Sox" indicates a wager on Wells).
    1. In the event there is a pitching change prior to the game, the money-line will be re-adjusted and "action" wagers will be graded using the opening price for the new pitcher.
    WTF, the books will not honor our Action bet?

Lazyboy311

Based on that....should I modify to "NYY P. Hughes - Must Start vs SEA C. Lee - Action"??

I think Ive confused myself here...

Could someone who KNOWS about this issue step in and definitively help us out here??

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    To me, if you bet action, as long as the game is played you have action.

yes you have action but at the adjusted line, which takes tons of value out of this play....i do however think it a no lose as we will get what the line is when it first reopens and regardless of the line ppl will hammer it if/when Lee gets scratched but my dreams of a 40 cent scalp are pretty much out the window......

Lazyboy311

Shit. Me too.

Sorry about this guys...I never bet action and had only thought this out on a "hypothetical" level. Of course the books would have it arranged so that people like us can't get "free money". Damn books....my bad

Snowball

just gonna stick with yankee bet no matter what
    no insurance

Snowball

if your book has those rules on "action" bet
    then all you have to do is select Yankees "Bettor's" meaning Hughes only

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Oh well, gonna ride it out. I also put 2x on the yanks to win the world series at +350 with my local. If they do get Lee that number will drop substantially. That will be a pretty rediculous rotation if the deal goes through. Hopefully they can unload Joba the gas can while they're at it

2daBank

im hearing mixed things about whether or not the price changes but not sure how they can make you bet a adjusted price to me that would make betting action absolutely useless.......

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14281

In action they do adjust the price to the new pitcher

melia26
    melia26's Avatar Become A Pro!

My book changes the price to the first adjusted line on all prior tickets sold as action bets. So you take your chances when you buy action only tickets. Listed pitchers on a ticket is a refund if the pitchers listed do not start.

DMB40
    DMB40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

if you take action for seattle and lee gets scratched you have action

yomillionaire
    yomillionaire's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just got on this for a dime. Like it.

snowball22
    snowball22's Avatar Become A Pro!

On it. Go Yankees and go trade.

gshock1

Trade to Rangers appears to have happened.

http://www.nypost.com/

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

odds will be revised. So beware.

Snowball

Cliff Lee: Rangers get Lee from Mariners for Smoak

Cliff Lee - S - SEA - Jul. 9 - 5:29 pm et Along with Justin Smoak, the Mariners will reportedly acquire RHP Blake Beavan, RHP Josh Lueke and 2B Matt Lawson from the Rangers for Cliff Lee and Mark Lowe.
    That's not so bad for Texas. Smoak is a big loss, but they'll hold on to the rest of their top prospects in the deal. Beaven has a chance to be a part of a major league rotation, but Lueke is just a relief prospect and Lawson is a long shot to enjoy a career as a major league infielder. The trade is set to be announced at 6 p.m. EDT. It's believed that the Mariners are paying $2.5 million of the $4 million that Lee is owed. Jul. 9 - 5:29 pm et
    Source: LongStarDugout on Twitter

2daBank

fuk pinny just re-opened NYY -190....i hope it goes up further

123 Last