View Poll Results: Which World Series Tea, Has the Better Momentum

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rockies have won 20 of 21, but have had seven days off while hearing about now great they are.

2 22.22%
  • Red Sox coming right back with just two days rest after winning three straight elimination games.

7 77.78%
    LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Whose Momentum is Better?

The Rockies have won 20 of their last 21 games, but they get a week off at a terrible time IMO, especially in light of what the Red So have done the last few days.

The Red Sox coming right back on only two days rest after winning three straight elimination games.

With all due respect to what the Rockies have done, I have to side with the Sox here.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Any stats for whether or not a week off has any adverse effect? I seem to recall that the White Sox had quite a bit of time off between the championship and the World Series a couple of years ago. Then again, most teams could have beaten Houston in that series.

I'll plump for the no decision - I'm sure that a fully pumped up Red Sox (on pretty decent rest) negates the effect of confident Colorado.

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    The Rockies have won 20 of their last 21 games, but they get a week off at a terrible time IMO, especially in light of what the Red So have done the last few days.

The Red Sox coming right back on only two days rest after winning three straight elimination games.

With all due respect to what the Rockies have done, I have to side with the Sox here.
    Wicked awesome Boston; nothing like coming back and winning a series. Worked out well for them last time and if JD Drew keeps hitting, look out.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Wouldn't the poll have been better served if the two options were just 'Colorado Rockies' and 'Boston Red Sox' without the commentary? This is akin to asking someone which candidate they like best, Candidate A who was recently arrested for trolling a men's room for sex in Minnesota or Candidate B who promises to lower your tax bill.

Time may have interrupted the momentum that the Rockies had. But I'm not about to bet against them right now.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Yes, 8 off days will affect their "hot-ness."

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I've got to think the layoff and starting the series on the road will adversely affect Colorado. I really hope the rockies win, but with the layoff and possibly 4 games at fenway, i have to pick boston