pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

why the hell red sox has the best record in the al?

cleveland has the same win-loss ratio as boston. did they won more games against cleveland during the regular season?

this is bull. boston should play clevland for one game to determine the seeding. at fenway...to make it fair

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Yes picoman, Boston won the season series, which is the tiebreaker when both teams are in the playoffs anyway.

IF this was a case where two teams were tied for ONE playoff spot, THEN there would have been a playoff game, ala San Diego/Colorado for the NL Wild Card.

LT Profits

Also, and I know that this is beside the point, but the matchups would have been exactly the same in the AL regardless if Boston is #1 or Cleveland is #1, because two teams from the same division cannot meet in the first round, so Boston can't face the Yankees, who are the wild card.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Also, and I know that this is beside the point, but the matchups would have been exactly the same in the AL regardless if Boston is #1 or Cleveland is #1, because two teams from the same division cannot meet in the first round, so Boston can't face the Yankees, who are the wild card.
    i just hate those arrogant boston fans. i rather have them tied at #1.

LT Profits

I have no opinion on Boston fans, but I will gladly take the money when Boston wins the AL Pennant!

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by picoman View Post
    this is bull. boston should play clevland for one game to determine the seeding. at fenway...to make it fair
    Don't you probably think it's better to use the system that was already in place rather than to change it at the last minute?

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

The system is fine as it is. They deserve the #1 seed cause their records are tied and they have won the series.