whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ozzie Guillen Extension through 2012

As a life long die hard white sox fan i am very happy with the extension. I think it shows the players that the front office knows ozzie wasnt to blame for this terrible year and it shows the front office's support for ozzie so next year no player will use this as an excuse not to listen to ozzie for any reason. Yea he may be a little too much at some times but over all he adds some fun to the game and im happy for with the extension.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

shocked me.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this was a bad decision by the White Sox brass. "Ozzieball" has ran it's course in Chicago, and has completely lost control of this team.

whitesoxrock33
    whitesoxrock33's Avatar Become A Pro!

"The problems that we are having right now, I simply do not believe that they are problems that are with our coaching staff or with our manager," general manager Ken Williams said, calling the contract extension an easy decision.

"When you are winning, you are king. When you're losing, you are nobody," Guillen said.

"I appreciate they still believe in me, they still believe in what I can bring to this club and believe I can have a lot of success running this club," he added. "It feels good that somebody believes in not what I did in the past, but what I can do in the future."

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxrock33 View Post
    "When you are winning, you are king. When you're losing, you are nobody," Guillen said.
    Two years ago, they were the best team in baseball without a doubt. Today they're the worst team in baseball. Sure, they may have over-achieved in 2005, but something stinks in 2007 after a perfectly reasonable 2006. If you can't blame Ozzie for this disastrous season (especially if you finish below KC) , then who is to blame?

EJandV
    EJandV's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my view , Scott Posednik was a great piece of the puzzle when they made their who knew run and won it all . That is one piece of the puzzle that fell between the cracks . He played in only 52 games this year . They won an amazingly high # of one run games 2 years ago too , which can be misconcieved as something great when to me most of the time were very lucky . Sly like in chess , they would play small ball , bunt the runners over and suicide squeeze which is just how I would manage , was smart baseball ... I cant say off the top of my head the biggest reason for their freefall . injuries , didnt get hot at the right time , like most teams more bad innings pitched than good ones , they need to be in the NL central and it would probably be a 3 way tie for first. Ozzie as manager ? tough call , he is probably too comfortable and so are the players , how they do will be more on the owner spending some real $$$$ like the Cubs did across town . It kills me every time I think about the yanks parting ways with Soriano . Is like fantasy baseball in the moves people make and who wins the leauge , I would have never let him go off of my team , never .