Gee, I would have never thought it in a million years.

Why the media thinks is such a big story is beyond me.

Report: Glavine still having fun, wants to play another year

NEW YORK -- New York Mets left-hander Tom Glavine is still having fun playing baseball and wants to return for a 22nd major league season in 2008, the New York Post reported.

"I'm having as much fun as I've had in a long time, and that's a big factor for me,'' Glavine, 41, told the Post. "It's a fun team to come to the ballpark with every day. All the factors are there [to come back].''

Glavine, who won his 300th game on Aug. 5, says he has two criteria for returning next season -- how well he's pitching and how he's feeling physically. "That's the question I have to wait and see, but as far as going out there and having fun and doing the things I have to do to be successful, there's been nothing there that makes me think I am going to walk away," he told the Post.

And as much as Glavine wants to spend more time with his family, he says his wife and their four children, aged 6 to 13, support another season.

"Surprisingly, my kids are more on the side of me playing next year than not. I think that is in large part because they understand what I am doing," Glavine said, according to the Post. "They enjoy coming to the ballpark and being around the guys. They like the game of baseball. I think they are really starting to figure out that, 'Dad's a Major League Baseball player and it's pretty fun going to the games.'"

Glavine is 13-6 with a 3.95 ERA this season and has 303 career wins, currently 21st all-time. Only three other left-handers have more wins than Glavine: Warren Spahn (363), Steve Carlton (329) and Eddie Plank (326).