Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

Ross Atkins fukked it all up

Could someone please explain to me how the blue jays screwed this up yet again. According to virtually every article that was published up until the signing....it was a foregone conclusion that Ohtani was going to become a Blue Jay.
    Instead, he goes to the dodgers for 700 million dollars. I'm sure some of this had to do with the fact that Canadian taxes are exorbitant. . . .That's an extra 120 million per year in signing bonus & the cost for a Canadian team and Canadian dollars to sign a player is much more than American dollars, still..... I think Atkins dropped the ball here, I would have gladly got rid Vlade junior and Bo.
    The only good thing about this is now lower bowl seats won't cost six hundred dollars canadian a piece.
    I tell ya this.... pat gillick would not have screwed this up.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

The Blue Jays were probably never even in the running. The reports linking him to Toronto were based on the fact that someone noticed that a private plane in LA was scheduled to fly to Toronto and speculated that Ohtani was on board; the media morons ran with it but it turned out the plane was carrying one of the shark tank judges.