JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

What???? The Mets signed Carlos Correa after all????

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

interesting, giants are smart saved a bunch of money on damaged goods

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 227

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    What???? The Mets signed Carlos Correa after all????
    Spend the money, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Z

unde0087
    Did we win?

Confirmed

unde0087
    Did we win?

Spending the dimes, deGrom wants to go to a loser team, we will win without you.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

Correa's deal is pending a physical.

will he pass physical with mets

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    Correa's deal is pending a physical.

will he pass physical with mets
    Zero chance Mets let this not happen.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10416

METS METS METS

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32467

I have two major questions.

#1. The Giants backed off of their 'monster' contract offer due to health concerns and the health concern is not the back issues Correa already has, then what is (are) the other health issue(s)?

#2. Mets brass, from billionaire owner Cohen on down says Correa will slide over to third base defensively along side Lindor.
    The obvious question is can Correa play 3B?

I'm a baseball geek, I just did the homework, the answer is who the fuk knows?
    Correa has played pro ball at every level imaginable, rookie league, Gulf Coast, Appalachian League. AA, AAA...

He's played exactly one game at third base, period.
    Correa started at 3B just once when he playing in the Texas League for Corpus Christie.

Third base is not shortstop, and this transition is not easy.
    There's a reason why they call 3B the hot corner, from a defensive stand point it's a totally different animal.

Personally, I don't think Mets need Correa.
    They're a proven 100 plus win team, they've addressed the pitching vacancy, Lindor is the best SS in the game, and I've always thought McNeil is a quality ball player that has proven he can play 3B, and outfield, and DH...

Cohen wants to win, I get that, if I were a Mets fan I'd be thrilled to have an owner that's willing to spend to win, but... I think that money is better well spent elsewhere.

I smell major trade in the near future.

MSM is comparing this deal the equivalent to A-Rod joining the NYY and Jeter.
    Which is ludicrous and absurd.

Lindor is the best SS in the game today, Correa is a rock solid MLB ball player and all, Lindor no matter how terrific he is, and he is all that, is not Jeter, and Correa sure as hell is not A-Rod (check the steroid refences at the door please)

Mets would win at least 94 this season without Correa.

They got bounced in the first round in the playoffs last year, that's baseball, it happens every year to storied franchises.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17161

Bottom line is fukk Farhan. He needs to go immediately.

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    You're crazy; Carlos Correa by himself isn't going to put 10k asses in the seats, not even a fifth of that.
    The Carlos signing was a sign of hope. I guess we'll never know now.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47638

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Bottom line is fukk Farhan. He needs to go immediately.
    How is it his fault? Enlighten me...

This actually might be a blessing in disguise for you guys not paying $300 million for a guy that hits 20 homers with 75 rbis every year as the centerpiece of the team. He was going to be "The guy in SF".

Even though he is going to the Mets and New York, I feel like he will have less pressure on him because there are some other guys to help.
    Last edited by JAKEPEAVY21; 12-21-22 at 09:02 AM.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

This actually might be a blessing in disguise for you guys not paying $300 million for a guy that hits 20 homers with 75 rbis every year.
    That has a bad back that may be chronic and now other mystery ailments.

Mets can, and have won without Correa, I don't understand Cohen 'needing' this player, his team is stacked already.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    That has a bad back that may be chronic and now other mystery ailments.

Mets can, and have won without Correa, I don't understand Cohen 'needing' this player, his team is stacked already.
    I'm more interested to see whether this is a massive loss for SF or if they dodged a major bullet....only time will tell.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Elephant contracts destroy franchises

Also players can care less anymore once they get these guaranteed contracts

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1569

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Elephant contracts destroy franchises

Also players can care less anymore once they get these guaranteed contracts
    And his stats are nothing to write home about.

JAKEPEAVY21

He seems to be a very good "sum of all parts" guy(as with the Astros) but I do not think he would be successful being "the guy".

Now I feel like the Giants and Dodgers might duke it out for Ohtani next year. I hope Ohtani stays in the AL and out of the NL West(unless the Padres get him).

franklee168

This actually might be a blessing in disguise for you guys not paying $300 million for a guy that hits 20 homers with 75 rbis every year as the centerpiece of the team. He was going to be "The guy in SF".

Even though he is going to the Mets and New York, I feel like he will have less pressure on him because there are some other guys to help.
    I would think it you’re going to offer a player 350 million, all the tees are crossed and the i’s dotted. No stone should have been left unturned. They should have known everything about the player, his family, his vices, etc. Maybe that’s asking for too much in this day of information where nothing is hidden.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1569

I would think it you’re going to offer a player 350 million, all the tees are crossed and the i’s dotted. No stone should have been left unturned. They should have known everything about the player, his family, his vices, etc. Maybe that’s asking for too much in this day of information where nothing is hidden.
    Correa must have changed his mind about going to SF and they let him out of the deal with the physical excuse. Mets scooped him up way too fast for anything else.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19669

Bobby Bonilla 2.0 for the Mets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole, and stevenash

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10416

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Bobby Bonilla 2.0 for the Mets.

JAKEPEAVY21

As far as i know no contract is final until a player passes a physical. The Giants and Correa had some sort of difference of opinion with that. I still am not sure how that is the GMs fault? Maybe the owner did not want to follow through with whatever red flags that they found in the medicals? What am I missing here? I have seen a lot of SF fans calling for the GM's head. I understand that SF fans are angry but is it being directed at the right person?

franklee168

Duplicate

franklee168

As far as i know no contract is final until a player passes a physical. The Giants and Correa had some sort of difference of opinion with that. I still am not sure how that is the GMs fault? Maybe the owner did not want to follow through with whatever red flags that they found in the medicals? What am I missing here? I have seen a lot of SF fans calling for the GM's head. I understand that SF fans are angry but is it being directed at the right person?
    I would think it was the owners that got cold feet but they won’t take the blame. When you have the title of GM, you take the good with the bad. Happens in any business l.

JAKEPEAVY21

I would think it was the owners that got cold feet but they won’t take the blame. When you have the title of GM, you take the good with the bad. Happens in any business l.
    The GM does not cut the checks at the end of the day, all they can do is recommend the best course of action.

Anyways, where do you go from here with all the top free agents off the board?

I have a feeling you guys and the Dodgers(amongst others) will be hot after Ohtani next year.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Dodged a bullet

franklee168

The GM does not cut the checks at the end of the day, all they can do is recommend the best course of action.

Anyways, where do you go from here with all the top free agents off the board?

I have a feeling you guys and the Dodgers(amongst others) will be hot after Ohtani next year.
    Another year or hoping to be spoilers and finishing third or fourth. I’m not falling for the Otani trap. F that.

stevenash

^
    Frank, I respect your loyalty, I do, that's one character trait I place a premium on is loyalty, trust me when I say this, Correa wasn't going to take SF to the promised land.

The one ring he did win in Houston he was just an ancillary supporting cast member, Springer was the man who carried the Astros in 2017, not Correa.

Believe me when I tell you if SF had held on to that contract I'd be willing to bet you by August you'd be saying "we paid how much for that"?

He's good, he's a solid player and all, but he's neither Lindor at SS, nor Swanson.
    And there's nothing wrong with your guy Crawford either.

It's OK Frank, the sky ain't falling, all will be fine in Orange and Black land.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Anybody know what went wrong on the physical?

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Sounds like the health risk Giants had was of a broken fibula back in 2014 that required surgery. Giants were concerned of Correa's Correa's mobility as a gold glover

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mets seem to have unlimited cash
    So many good teams NL

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2340

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I have two major questions.

#1. The Giants backed off of their 'monster' contract offer due to health concerns and the health concern is not the back issues Correa already has, then what is (are) the other health issue(s)?

#2. Mets brass, from billionaire owner Cohen on down says Correa will slide over to third base defensively along side Lindor.
    The obvious question is can Correa play 3B?

I'm a baseball geek, I just did the homework, the answer is who the fuk knows?
    Correa has played pro ball at every level imaginable, rookie league, Gulf Coast, Appalachian League. AA, AAA...

He's played exactly one game at third base, period.
    Correa started at 3B just once when he playing in the Texas League for Corpus Christie.

Third base is not shortstop, and this transition is not easy.
    There's a reason why they call 3B the hot corner, from a defensive stand point it's a totally different animal.

Personally, I don't think Mets need Correa.
    They're a proven 100 plus win team, they've addressed the pitching vacancy, Lindor is the best SS in the game, and I've always thought McNeil is a quality ball player that has proven he can play 3B, and outfield, and DH...

Cohen wants to win, I get that, if I were a Mets fan I'd be thrilled to have an owner that's willing to spend to win, but... I think that money is better well spent elsewhere.

I smell major trade in the near future.

MSM is comparing this deal the equivalent to A-Rod joining the NYY and Jeter.
    Which is ludicrous and absurd.

Lindor is the best SS in the game today, Correa is a rock solid MLB ball player and all, Lindor no matter how terrific he is, and he is all that, is not Jeter, and Correa sure as hell is not A-Rod (check the steroid refences at the door please)

Mets would win at least 94 this season without Correa.

They got bounced in the first round in the playoffs last year, that's baseball, it happens every year to storied franchises.
    Here's my take as a Mets fan
    1) Uncle Stevie uses money like its monopoly money
    2) I'm not worried about the move to 3b he played 3b in the classic along side Lindor and played well.
    3) He is stat over rated but fits with the Mets because our whole team works the pitchers
    4) He will definitely lose value after 35 but who know what uncle Stevie will do.
    5) Here's something people don't look at 11 yrs ok ...well after 8 yrs what is the avg contract for a 250 hitter?
    I mean next yr we go to 50 mill a yr player when Ohtani hits the market and yes it will be 50 Dodgers held back
    this season to go after him and you know Uncle Stevie already said he is a Met
    6) Uncle Stevie gave himself 5 yrs to win a WS so he is pressing now yr 3.
    7) I see Uncle Stevie as looking at baseball this way....who cares what I spend I should at least break even in NY a large market
    He bought the Mets for 2.5 Billion the yanks are 5,2 if he pulls the Mets value close to the Yanks well there's all the profit you need.
    In 8 to 11 yrs who knows what the top teams value will be? Remember George bought the Yanks for basically 10 mill or 42 if you count everything they are now 5.2 Billion to me that's a great parlay!

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Sounds like the health risk Giants had was of a broken fibula back in 2014 that required surgery. Giants were concerned of Correa's Correa's mobility as a gold glover
    So even though he has played for years in the majors and this has been a non issue, SF flagged this as a concern?

Sounds like they got cold feet to me, but what do I know?

franklee168

So even though he has played for years in the majors and this has been a non issue, SF flagged this as a concern?

Sounds like they got cold feet to me, but what do I know?
    I'm walking down to the Twitter building at my lunch time to find Elon and going to beg him to buy the team. I wanna see the 10 year/1 billion dollar contracts. Elon will tell Steve to shine his shoes.

JAKEPEAVY21

I'm walking down to the Twitter building at my lunch time to find Elon and going to beg him to buy the team. I wanna see the 10 year/1 billion dollar contracts. Elon will tell Steve to shine his shoes.
    Giants sign Conforto to a 2 year deal!!

SF fans rejoicing

First 123 Last