ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

NY Yankees Shortstop Tests Positive For COVID-19 Despite Being Vaccinated

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — New York Yankees shortstop Gleyber Torres tested positive for COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated and having previously contracted the coronavirus during the offseason.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ny-ya...b0daf2b59f2ac6

Torres is among eight so-called breakthrough positives among the Yankees — people who tested positive despite being fully vaccinated.

Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said the Rays are comfortable with Thursday’s game being played.

967 7:10p NYY - J. Taillon (R)
    968 TB - R. Hill (L)

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

You mean the vaccination doesn't work? Weird

ericc

NYY Lineup
    DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
    Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
    Aaron Judge (R) RF
    Gio Urshela (R) SS
    Gary Sanchez (R) C
    Mike Ford (L) 1B
    Clint Frazier (R) LF
    Miguel Andujar (R) 3B
    Brett Gardner (L) CF

TB Lineup
    Randy Arozarena (R) LF
    Austin Meadows (L) DH
    Manuel Margot (R) RF
    Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
    Yandy Diaz (R) 1B
    Joey Wendle (L) SS
    Kevan Smith (R) C
    Brett Phillips (L) CF
    Mike Brosseau (R) 3B

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    The vaccine is intended to prevent from getting seriously ill, not necessarily from contracting. I thought everyone knew this.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    The vaccine is intended to prevent from getting seriously ill, not necessarily from contracting. I thought everyone knew this.
    Not everyone is as smart as you. Give people a break.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who knows if false positive

Bottom line zero symptoms

Covid is going to be a issue for the rest of year

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I have inside info that what is really going down is that Dr. Fraudy Fauci has been begging his favorite team, the Yankees to let him throw out a redemption first pitch, after his YUGE fail at the Nats game last year.

but they have told him they are not interested.

So he instructed his cronies to give the Yankees the Vaccine that contains actual Covid with specialized spikes that ensure infection, instead of the vaccine that most sheeple get, that cause them to desire sexual reassignment surgery and acquiescence to authoritarian rule with a microchip booster.

hopefully the Yanks just let the midget throw a pitch 35 feet towards a dugout and he won't smear ebola on the dugout bench or something

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Heard they got the J&J.

Isn't it only 70% effective?

Better off taking vitamins than the J&J.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

chi archie with the truth

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Heard they got the J&J.

Isn't it only 70% effective?

Better off taking vitamins than the J&J.
    Yup but they claim 100% no death guarantee. I guess that is better then the baby powder

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Pfizer here

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Can confirm I never got sick for decades and since getting the vaccine have had nothing but issues with stomach pain, heartburn and feeling sick on and off.

Vaccine doing it's job.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Can confirm I never got sick for decades and since getting the vaccine have had nothing but issues with stomach pain, heartburn and feeling sick on and off.

Vaccine doing it's job.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post

Vaccine doing it's job.
    Can confirm I got the vaccine, felt mildly ill for about 12 hours and fine ever since.

My immune system doing it's job.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It is sad that people with high school diplomas do not know how vaccines work. Then you wonder why this country keeps going downhill.

lakerboy

Can confirm I got the vaccine, felt mildly ill for about 12 hours and fine ever since.

Even if you got sick like a dog you wouldn't say it.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

I personally know 8 people who tested positive with symptoms after first or second dose.

I guess Pavy will have to explain to me how the vaccine works. Not really sure point if you get sick and have same symptoms as 99% of other people who get it

lakerboy

If you think you need the vaccine you can ONLY take pfizer and moderna.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by terpkeg View Post
    I personally know 8 people who tested positive with symptoms after first or second dose.

I guess Pavy will have to explain to me how the vaccine works. Not really sure point if you get sick and have same symptoms as 99% of other people who get it
    Pavy is an uneducated dumb fukk troll that can't even do 2+3x4 with double digit IQ, ignore the troll

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Even if you got sick like a dog you wouldn't say it.
    Of course I would.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    The Johnson/Johnson version sure looks like a mess. These teams are getting baited by Mlb to take it, and for what? I saw Eric Clapton pen a letter saying he wishes he never took the gene therapy. Messed up his hands, feet, etc

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pfizer here
    Make sure you get a quadruple booster. Did you see this?

BALD men are up to twice as likely to suffer severe Covid, experts have warned.

New research suggests they spend up to twice as long in hospital with Covid than those who still have a full head of hair.

They are also admitted to intensive care in higher numbers.

Scientists say men’s Covid vulnerability largely comes down to male sex hormones called androgens.
    Men who are genetically more sensitive to androgens appear to be more likely to suffer severe Covid.

They are also more likely to have hair loss, called androgenetic alopecia, which affects around half of men over the age of 50.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

I'm just saying from my experience the vaccine has caused side effects. Maybe just temporary but I'm hesitant to take 2nd shot.

ericc

Why are vaccinated Yankees getting the COVID?

A coronavirus outbreak among vaccinated players and staff has “rocked” the New York Yankees and attracted the attention of the CDC this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-sur...030355895.html

Immunology and virology experts who spoke to Yahoo Sports on Thursday were not terribly surprised that fully vaccinated people were testing positive, particularly considering all the Yankees' affected personnel got the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

For a baseball team whose operations depend on a clean slate of negative results, they would have recommended teams pursue one of the mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer), which have been shown to be 94.1 percent and 95 percent effective, according to the CDC

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

it doesn't make J&J look good in public perception

stake1

If these players are asymptomatic, have to consider these being “false positives”
    Ny Times had a previoius article about the pcr tests, there are issues

The PCR test amplifies genetic matter from the virus in cycles; the fewer cycles required, the greater the amount of virus, or viral load, in the sample. The greater the viral load, the more likely the patient is to be contagious.

This number of amplification cycles needed to find the virus, called the cycle threshold, is never included in the results sent to doctors and coronavirus patients, although it could tell them how infectious the patients are.

In three sets of testing data that include cycle thresholds, compiled by officials in Massachusetts, New York and Nevada, up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus, a review by The Times found

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    The Johnson/Johnson version sure looks like a mess. These teams are getting baited by Mlb to take it, and for what? I saw Eric Clapton pen a letter saying he wishes he never took the gene therapy. Messed up his hands, feet, etc
    The great EC:

Eric Clapton after COVID vaccination: ‘I should never have gone near the needle’

"In February this year, before I learned about the nature of the vaccines, (and being 76 with emphysema) I was in the avant garde. I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days, I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…

About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone….

Then I met a member of this group, who counselled me to be careful and to have a look at what goes on with you guys…

I felt like a veil had been lifted, that I was no longer alone, that it was okay, in fact essential, to hold on to my intuition and follow my heart…

I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know…

I’ve recorded and will post here another song by Van called “The Rebels” it’s not aggressive or provocative, it just asks;

“Where have all the rebels gone?
    Hiding behind their computer screens
    Where’s the spirit, where is the soul

Where have all the rebels gone”

I’ve been a rebel all my life, against tyranny and arrogant authority, which is what we have now, but I also crave fellowship, compassion and love, and that I find here…

I believe with these things we can prevail

EC”

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

I think SD’s Eric Hosmer just tested positive for COVID too.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

The great EC:

Eric Clapton after COVID vaccination: ‘I should never have gone near the needle’

"In February this year, before I learned about the nature of the vaccines, (and being 76 with emphysema) I was in the avant garde. I took the first jab of AZ and straight away had severe reactions which lasted ten days, I recovered eventually and was told it would be twelve weeks before the second one…

About six weeks later I was offered and took the second AZ shot, but with a little more knowledge of the dangers. Needless to say the reactions were disastrous, my hands and feet were either frozen, numb or burning, and pretty much useless for two weeks, I feared I would never play again, (I suffer with peripheral neuropathy and should never have gone near the needle.) But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone….

Then I met a member of this group, who counselled me to be careful and to have a look at what goes on with you guys…

I felt like a veil had been lifted, that I was no longer alone, that it was okay, in fact essential, to hold on to my intuition and follow my heart…

I continue to tread the path of passive rebellion and try to tow the line in order to be able to actively love my family, but it’s hard to bite my tongue with what I now know…

I’ve recorded and will post here another song by Van called “The Rebels” it’s not aggressive or provocative, it just asks;

“Where have all the rebels gone?
    Hiding behind their computer screens
    Where’s the spirit, where is the soul

Where have all the rebels gone”

I’ve been a rebel all my life, against tyranny and arrogant authority, which is what we have now, but I also crave fellowship, compassion and love, and that I find here…

I believe with these things we can prevail

EC”
    Where are you getting this from? I checked his website, nothing. Checked for news articles, nothing. Might be fake.

stake1

Where are you getting this from? I checked his website, nothing. Checked for news articles, nothing. Might be fake.
    Came from EC’s pal: Robin Monotti Graziadei
    Robin placed the letter on his non-ccp, uncensored social media account

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Came from EC’s pal: Robin Monotti Graziadei
    Robin placed the letter on his non-ccp, uncensored social media account
    His own website is censored?

I don't know, just doesn't read right. Maybe it is. Who knows.

stake1

Not sure why Monotti would place it on his website, he used his social media site that is not censored

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Not sure why Monotti would place it on his website, he used his social media site that is not censored
    No, I'm saying I checked Clapton's own website where he can release news. He has something about the anti-lockdown song last year. So why wouldn't he post this on his own website?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Fully vaccinated Bill Maher tests positive and feels fine.

https://people.com/tv/bill-maher-tes...GkH4PBW8bQ7Xwk

See, that's the thing. Vaccine does not prevent contracting covid. Not going to say it doesn't at all, but maybe not much. But what it does seem to do is make most who contract completely asymptomatic. Your body now recognizes it and fights it off - no big deal.

In other words, loads of vaccinated people can be walking around with covid. We only know about the Yankees and Maher because they are regularly tested, which of course most people are not (and shouldn't be). But for every one of these that we hear of, we can figure there are thousands and thousands more that don't know and will never know.

It's just a warning for the unvaccinated though. When you go back to your regular interactions, it's just a matter of time. Now maybe you'll only get a "bad flu" or lose test/smell, or maybe you'll be among the 10-15% that are hospitalized, or worse yet.

12 Last