OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

WORST LOSING STREAKS in MLB history

Phillies' 23-game losing streak in 1961
    The Phillies' historic skid came to an end on Aug. 20, 1961, in the second half of a doubleheader against the Milwaukee Braves. They stretched their streak to 23 games by losing, 5-2, in the opener, but came from behind to win Game 2, 7-4. Right-hander John Buzhardt was the pitcher of record in the streak-busting victory, and also happened to have been the last Phils pitcher to record a win on July 28. The Phillies' 23-game rut hasn't been matched since; the closest any team has come is Baltimore's 0-21 start in 1988.

Orioles' losing skid to begin 1988
    The Orioles got off to the worst start in MLB history in 1988, losing each of their first 21 games en route to 54-106 last-place finish. It remains the longest modern era losing streak in American League history. The O's took a 12-0 loss to the Brewers on Opening Day and didn't manage its first win until April 29, defeating the White Sox, 9-0, in Chicago. Baltimore had a 44-129 scoring margin in that span.

my local hated me he kept upping spreads against the oriles i said ok double it he kept saying if you lose you owe me $545 etc... I started against them after game # 2 stopped at 20 18 str8 wins at $200 + per game

and early on they were favored like -130 - 140

most were -180 against them i also bet on or against other teams

Red Sox, Cubs' World Series droughts
    The Cubs ended one of sports' longest title droughts in 2016, with a dramatic extra-innings Game 7 victory over the Indians in Cleveland. It had been 108 years since the Cubs last won the World Series, in 1908. In 2004, the Red Sox busted a similar streak, winning their first championship in 86 years. The Astros continued the trend last season by claiming their first title since the franchise's inception in 1962. The Browns' MLB counterpart, the Cleveland Indians, now own the longest active World Series drought at 70 years. Only the NFL's Arizona Cardinals (71 years) have gone longer without a title than the Tribe among major North American professional sports teams.

Eagles also sb win drought until 2017 all other SB's they lost

favored aginst Raiders s/u blow out and i smiled getting revege because my Birds sucked ats

and the cardinals havent won a SB yet covered as 6.5 dog aginst steelrs

Browns and lions still havent even played in a SB two added ones jags and texans also

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not think we see those streaks anymore, more parity and every team usually has a good hurler to stop a losing streak

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I do not think we see those streaks anymore, more parity and every team usually has a good hurler to stop a losing streak

yes i agree rules changed strike zones reduced always get a # 1 starter vs a bottom 4th or 5th starter

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Damn Bill buddy your getting old 🍻😃

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8429

didn’t baltimore lose like 19+ in a row like 6 years ago ?

OldBill

didn’t baltimore lose like 19+ in a row like 6 years ago ?

lets see
    BALTIMORE (AP) -- The Baltimore Orioles staggered to their 19th consecutive loss Tuesday night, allowing 19 hits and falling behind the Los Angeles Angels by 11 runs early in a 14-8 rout.
    Baltimore trailed 5-1 in the second inning, 8-1 in the third and 13-2 in the fourth while limping to another lopsided defeat in the major leagues' longest skid since Kansas City dropped 19 straight in 2005.
    date article posted was Published August 24, 2021

so oriels long losing streaks

OldBill

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Damn Bill buddy your getting old 

yeah like i dont to see my next birthday any more coming up on 7 decades years ago i wasnt feeling my age then boom kidney stone plus other stuff in hospyal 12 days right thru thanks giving then boom back in for 7 more days because they screwd up the stint got home tuesday just before Christmas weak as chit couldnt help with decorations

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

this why you stop chases after 2 or 3
    no exceptions

EdV38
    EdV38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2172

I like how all the Philadelphia teams are consistently on top for losing.

Phillies - most losses for one franchise in the history of sports, longest losing streak, longest franchise existence before winning a championship.

76ers - worst and second worst team all-time in a full season, most consecutive losses.

Eagles - Superbowl drought

I think the Flyers were pretty good though, at least in the 70's.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Any City never won a championship?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Any City never won a championship?
    I mean Tampa Bay, Rockies…has Baltimore? There’s probably more than you think out there. San Diego, did they peel one off before I was born? Seattle, don’t remember any for the Rangers….

This is off the top of my head. Some old head will probably pop in and correct me

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

That 1989 movie Back To The Future II predicted the Chicago Cubs would win World Series in 2015. That prediction from 1989 was off by one year which was 2016.

EdV38

Vancouver and San Diego would be the two off the top of my head. A unique combination of trash teams and an inability to keep the teams they have. Seattle had a SuperSonics win in the 70's. Then there are lines blurred as to what you count as a city. Columbus has one unsuccessful hockey franchise but pretty sure 99% of people in the city are going to be cheering for one of the states' two NFL and MLB teams. Buffalo has the Bills and Sabres but they also have a nebulous relationship with Toronto in terms of sports fan bases and share New York state so I'm pretty sure they'd claim a Jays or Yankees championship.

*Counting Super Bowl wins only.
    Last edited by EdV38; 04-07-22 at 12:13 PM.

EdV38

Also, Las Vegas if you want to count the few seasons they've had of pretty good sports teams.