pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ughh !!!

Looks like everyone lost their butt today. Hope Friday is better.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah I got my ass handed to me yesterday. The Baseball Fates were like "Hey! Ganchrow HG ...... c'mere". I was like Kevin Arnold in The Wonder Years, I was like "uhh, me?" and they were like "yeah you" and I was like "uh, hey guys". Then they were like "We'd just like to hand you something. Here, it's a replica of your ass. This is to symbolize how we're handing your real one to you today, metaphorically speaking. Ha ha ha!" And they went off laughing, with me standing there holding a papier mache replica of my ass. It was shameful.
    Last edited by The HG; 08-03-07 at 04:43 AM.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The one that turned my stomach was the Florida game. What kind of idiot puts Benitez in there with the game on the line? I guess if anyone in Miami cared about baseball they'd be calling for Gonzalez's head.

The HG

It is pretty crazy, I had Atlanta, the Oakland under 9, and I had Florida and the under, with a pretty big parlay of those 2. So I won the under, but lost the Florida bet and the parlay, which would have made up for a lot.

But speaking of Benitez, JEEZ. This is the third consecutive Thursday I've been badly badly burned by him on a pretty big bet.

On July 19th, I had Florida big on the ML, Benitez single-handedly and completely blew it.

On July 26th, I had the under 10 big, it was 4-4 bottom of the 9th, with Benitez coming in. I figured OK, I should still be OK here. 3-run walk-off HR.

And then yesterday. There's some cosmic, karmic BS going on here with me and Benitez and Thursdays. I remember I made a snarky post about how we shouldn't bet on Florida when they acquired Benitez. I bet you I posted that on a Thursday. I'll go back and check.

Oh well. You can't be superstitious though, I'm going to see if I can get down a huge bet today on Florida's game next Thursday.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Ganchrow HG View Post
    It is pretty crazy, I had Atlanta, the Oakland under 9, and I had Florida and the under, with a pretty big parlay of those 2. So I won the under, but lost the Florida bet and the parlay, which would have made up for a lot.

But speaking of Benitez, JEEZ. This is the third consecutive Thursday I've been badly badly burned by him on a pretty big bet.

On July 19th, I had Florida big on the ML, Benitez single-handedly and completely blew it.

On July 26th, I had the under 10 big, it was 4-4 bottom of the 9th, with Benitez coming in. I figured OK, I should still be OK here. 3-run walk-off HR.

And then yesterday. There's some cosmic, karmic BS going on here with me and Benitez and Thursdays. I remember I made a snarky post about how we shouldn't bet on Florida when they acquired Benitez. I bet you I posted that on a Thursday. I'll go back and check.

Oh well. You can't be superstitious though, I'm going to see if I can get down a huge bet today on Florida's game next Thursday.
    I do feel that different days seem to show the same outcomes over and over again, such as what you are saying above. I lost as well. Just one of them nights. Hope you get it back plus on friday GHG.

The HG

I knew it. The time stamp on my thread is actually 1:31 AM June 1st, and June 1st was a Friday, but I'm pretty sure my time was being stamped in a different time zone then, and I switched it later on to EST. At any rate, Florida acquired him on a Thursday, May 31st, when I read about it and conceived my thread that would later come back to haunt me karmically. I'm pretty sure I posted it on a Thursday anyway, and that my time stamp was not based on EST at that point. Ok ok, Baseball Fates, I've learned my lesson. Sorry! Did you have to burn me 3 times in a row?? I guess maybe so, twice in a row, I would never have gotten the point.