rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

3 Tuesday plays

1-0 so far Monday (pending the M's play).

3* Yankees Team Total O 6 +105: With Bartolo Colon recently placed on the DL, Jose Contreras wins the award for worst active starting pitcher in the AL. Contreras’ numbers his last eight starts: 1-7, 9.32 ERA. He’s given up 74 H in his last 46.1 IP, and has given up fewer than five runs only once in that span. Now he travels to NY, where the Yanks are averaging 9.4 runs/game in their last ten outings at the Stadium.

1* Brewers -101: I think Glavine will have to wait to get win no. 300. Milwaukee’s struggled of late, losing 6/8 on the road, but they’re a completely different team at home (36-17). Glavine’s been terrible on the road, allowing 43 H and 28 R over 23.1 IP (10.80 ERA) in his last five road starts, while the Brewers have destroyed LH pitching. Suppan’s been far better pitching at Miller Park, and is 3-2, 2.81, 1.22 in his career against the Mets.

1* Orioles/Red Sox U 8.5 -115: Bedard’s struggled in his career at Fenway, but he’s a completely different pitcher this year. He’s also probably the hottest pitcher in baseball at the moment, allowing only 12 H and 2 R, while striking out 41 in his last 29 IP. Only Lugo (7/24), Manny (4/14) and Pena (5/8) have had any semblance of success against Bedard, while Lowell, Ortiz, Pedroia, Varitek and Youkilis are a combined 7/56 (.125) against him. Beckett, for his part, has been outstanding against the O’s (2-0, 2.37, 0.74).

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quick question

RJT, your commentary always seems well-informed, and I'm going to play all these. Mind if I ask how you are doing on the season? Thanks,
    Sundram

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hmm, like the last two, but JC always brings his best stuff against NY. I would be all over the Orioles (I can't recall another time when the best pitcher in the game was +140) if Boston didn't own them. 3-2 Boston sound about right? Good luck.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was actually liking the Mets tonight myself Razz.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by Sundram View Post
    RJT, your commentary always seems well-informed, and I'm going to play all these. Mind if I ask how you are doing on the season? Thanks,
    Sundram
    Thanks Sundram.

It's been a pretty good season, up 34 units in bases. Went through a terrible stretch in mid-June in which I went from +26 units to +9 units in a two-week span. Other than that, been pretty consistent playing app. 80% 1-unit plays. Had a great run last week: 13-5, +13.26 since last Monday.

Good luck tonight.

Sundram
    Sundram's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Brew crew comes thru!

Thanks for your picks today, RJT, all of which came through. No one will win all the time, but I made over $200 today, which is a good day for a small player (mostly play the ponies). Thx again,
    Sundram

P.S. I've got a rookie card of "The Cheif" (Robert Parish) which might be worth a few bucks in Boston. If you want it, it's yours!

rjt721

Thanks for your picks today, RJT, all of which came through. No one will win all the time, but I made over $200 today, which is a good day for a small player (mostly play the ponies). Thx again,
    Sundram!
    Thanks bro. The Yanks play came through early on, but I had to sweat out the other two. Glad you made money today.

P.S. I've got a rookie card of "The Cheif" (Robert Parish) which might be worth a few bucks in Boston. If you want it, it's yours!

I'm actually a Laker fan.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey rjt...nice pic on the brewers, I went 4-1 today w/MIL one of them after reading what you wrote..