lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

What's the line on the nats vs Houston series?

+150?

Houston has no one besides Cole. Washington in 5.

lakerboy

Well here we are

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

-170ish seems bout right.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Houston -124 I’d guess

lakerboy

lakerboy

It's a little jacked up from last week when I saw+150.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nats have gotten no respect in the betting market most of the postseason. Strausbourg was -130 at home. Houston's only advantage is the bullpen.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

That line is way high. I feel. I knew the minute i seen that Yankees series line it was toast for NY

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Are we going to do this game again? Nats rolled their series. Astros had to go longer. Public thinks Nats can win it all. They can’t. Astros win the series. Shitty line so maybe they can gift us again with a great line by losing game 1.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Are we going to do this game again? Nats rolled their series. Astros had to go longer. Public thinks Nats can win it all. They can’t. Astros win the series. Shitty line so maybe they can gift us again with a great line by losing game 1.
    Any team with Strasbourg and scherzer has a shot. Greinke is far from elite.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Houston wins

Another pitching vs. hitting scenario

Mets to beat the Royals?

Lol.

F no.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24880

Max and Stras vs Cole and Verlander...
    This series is going to be tight......

Game by game. Not betting the series line. Just like everyone, I got to see if there is easy value.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    Max and Stras vs Cole and Verlander...
    Pitching straight irrelevant unless you're Madison Bumgarner. Gotta score runs to win games. Houston basically has the 4 best players in the series. Springer, Altuve, Bregman, and Brantley. That's why they're tough to beat. Those guys can all run, all hit singles, or HRs, and can all play defense too. Look at Kershaw man, best example. Guy in his prime is literally unhittable in the regular season, then Cardinals destroyed him in the playoffs every year. Those Cards teams were STACKED with hitters everywhere. Even the guy in the number 7/8 spot could hit Kershaw.

Just look at the Yankees. Everytime someone stepped to the plate in the series you're just praying for them to get on base, if you're a yankees better you're just hoping. Like "Fuk, not this guy." With the astros, every batter that steps up, I'm like "this guy can change the game easily." Alvarez was hitting 7th tonight. Had a very bad series, but he's capable of hitting .350 during any series. The guys at the end of Washington's lineup are not. Yankees lost because they built a team of power hitters, just like the tigers. No one can hit the clutch single, they all get on base sometimes and then strike out, pop fly. No clutch gene.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Pitching straight irrelevant unless you're Madison Bumgarner. Gotta score runs to win games. Houston basically has the 4 best players in the series. Springer, Altuve, Bregman, and Brantley. That's why they're tough to beat. Those guys can all run, all hit singles, or HRs, and can all play defense too. Look at Kershaw man, best example. Guy in his prime is literally unhittable in the regular season, then Cardinals destroyed him in the playoffs every year. Those Cards teams were STACKED with hitters everywhere. Even the guy in the number 7/8 spot could hit Kershaw.

Just look at the Yankees. Everytime someone stepped to the plate in the series you're just praying for them to get on base, if you're a yankees better you're just hoping. Like "Fuk, not this guy." With the astros, every batter that steps up, I'm like "this guy can change the game easily." Alvarez was hitting 7th tonight. Had a very bad series, but he's capable of hitting .350 during any series. The guys at the end of Washington's lineup are not. Yankees lost because they built a team of power hitters, just like the tigers. No one can hit the clutch single, they all get on base sometimes and then strike out, pop fly. No clutch gene.
    Clueless as always. Yanks couldn’t hit cause Stros have the pitchers. Get over yourself, I stopped reading after 2 sentences. “Unless you madbum pitching don’t matter” jfc it like you somehow get dumber.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Clueless as always. Yanks couldn’t hit cause Stros have the pitchers. Get over yourself, I stopped reading after 2 sentences. “Unless you madbum pitching don’t matter” jfc it like you somehow get dumber.
    You're on the Nationals, good to know.

2daBank

You don’t know shit clown ass boy.

Goat Milk

You can't resort to discussing anything without calling ppl names. You already lost this argument to anyone reading.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3655

Vegas is not stupid and there’s a reason the Astro’s are favored and it goes beyond pitching, defense or any other stats or trends or anything else you want to pull out of your handicapping azz.

The team entering the WS with the shortest rest after the League Championship Series has gone on to win 9 of the last 10 World Series.

Do with it whatever you choose.

I’m just stating the momentum fact.

GLTA

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

You guys funny, the line feels its a tight series...i like plus number washington

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Vegas is not stupid and there’s a reason the Astro’s are favored and it goes beyond pitching, defense or any other stats or trends or anything else you want to pull out of your handicapping azz.

The team entering the WS with the shortest rest after the League Championship Series has gone on to win 9 of the last 10 World Series.

Do with it whatever you choose.

I’m just stating the momentum fact.

GLTA
    Don't care and I think this line is designed more to protect the books exposure in Houston than be a fair line. Houston just isn't hitting consistently even against Yanks mediocre pitching

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3716

Yes, Goat milk is one clueless poster here. His picks are more of which team has good players from their past performances. He is a squarest of squares.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: leetreaper

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Yes, Goat milk is one clueless poster here. His picks are more of which team has good players from their past performances. He is a squarest of squares.
    Post your plays then.

And 2dabank if I'm so clueless, 50 plays NFL me for you till end of the season. Start the thread. Let's see who's clueless.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Washington has best pitching in baseball

Pitching carried them

Pitching always wins

2daBank

Unlike you I pick some winners. You just mouth off.

2daBank

You can't resort to discussing anything without calling ppl names. You already lost this argument to anyone reading.
    Who lost? You per usual.

Nba- fail (yet again)
    Mlb -fail (yet again)

Tell us your NFL champ so we can cross them off the list oh great knowledgeable one! Lmfao

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Good call, banker. Goat did make a good call on the Stros coming back. You know as well as I do that tonight was a toss up. One of you looks dumb, and the other looks like a genius, when in reality you both look solid.

You had the Nats a long time ago, and rode them until the end, so much props for that. Goat did call the bats waking up for Houston after game 2, and they sure did. Just couldn’t get it done tonight. They shit the bed tonight.

No way with 9 hits that they should only have scored 2. Put just one more on the board, and dumbshit Hinch doesn’t pull Greinke after one solo shot, and walk with only 70 something pitches. Or maybe he does the smart thing, and throws Cole out there to shut down the 7th. The right call in both situations, though I’m fine with keeping Greinke out there too.

I called this series to be similar to the DBacks/Yankees with Randy and Curt, but the Stros didn’t throw their ace out three times like they shoulda. Randy won game 6, then won game 7 against the Yanks in relief. It was setup perfectly for Cole to win game, then get the hold in game 7. I’d even throw him out there for the last 8 outs myself. Last game of the year, so fck all the nonsense. At the very least let him get the two outs needed in the 7th, and setup your pen.

Harris can handle the 8th, and Osuna the 9th. I’m almost certain that the Astros win if this happens. Cole can easily get out Hendrick, and Cabrera. Then the bottom 3 of the lineup come up in the 8th with less pressure for Harris, and no Kendrick to deal with. Osuna in the 9th is sketchy, but so be it. Better to lose it with your closer than in the 7th because you gave up on your starter throwing a two hitter, and then didn’t even bring in your stud who was probably dying to come in.

Hinch shit the bed. Davey managed a helluva playoffs. His pitching decisions were always on point. Congrats to the Nats!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Good call, banker. Goat did make a good call on the Stros coming back. You know as well as I do that tonight was a toss up. One of you looks dumb, and the other looks like a genius, when in reality you both look solid.

You had the Nats a long time ago, and rode them until the end, so much props for that. Goat did call the bats waking up for Houston after game 2, and they sure did. Just couldn’t get it done tonight. They shit the bed tonight.

No way with 9 hits that they should only have scored 2. Put just one more on the board, and dumbshit Hinch doesn’t pull Greinke after one solo shot, and walk with only 70 something pitches. Or maybe he does the smart thing, and throws Cole out there to shut down the 7th. The right call in both situations, though I’m fine with keeping Greinke out there too.

I called this series to be similar to the DBacks/Yankees with Randy and Curt, but the Stros didn’t throw their ace out three times like they shoulda. Randy won game 6, then won game 7 against the Yanks in relief. It was setup perfectly for Cole to win game, then get the hold in game 7. I’d even throw him out there for the last 8 outs myself. Last game of the year, so fck all the nonsense. At the very least let him get the two outs needed in the 7th, and setup your pen.

Harris can handle the 8th, and Osuna the 9th. I’m almost certain that the Astros win if this happens. Cole can easily get out Hendrick, and Cabrera. Then the bottom 3 of the lineup come up in the 8th with less pressure for Harris, and no Kendrick to deal with. Osuna in the 9th is sketchy, but so be it. Better to lose it with your closer than in the 7th because you gave up on your starter throwing a two hitter, and then didn’t even bring in your stud who was probably dying to come in.

Hinch shit the bed. Davey managed a helluva playoffs. His pitching decisions were always on point. Congrats to the Nats!
    I don’t give a shit bout “being right”, I never said Nats were some lock, just that the odds were redic.

I ain’t the mouthy, gay posters on walls worshiping, jerkoff that always talks as if I know the outcomes like some clown. That all goat jizz boy. He always looks dumb cause he is dumb. Like always he hides like a coward after talking as if he knows everything even tho he never right bout shit. Sick of that clown.

The end
    Last edited by 2daBank; 10-31-19 at 05:25 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

everyone wins when series is over