Kid throwing peas....very nice stuff!

Arizona pitcher

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Luke Allen Weaver
    Born: August 21, 1993 (age 25 years),

Luke Allen Weaver is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks of Major League Baseball. He previously played for the St. Louis Cardinals.

You know you can just google this stuff yourself, right?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Jared Weavers son.

he used to pitch for the Angels

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Jared Weavers son.

That's what I was wondering.... didn't realize Jared was that old.

This kid is way ahead of the game....gonna all 'click' soon. Not sure why STL let him get away

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24381

Weaver was one of the players in the Goldschmidt deal

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

He is def a stud.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Braves not the same team this year. Lots of holes in their lineup.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2428

Yeah Jered Conceived him when he was 11 with his 5th grade tutor

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Jared Weavers son.

No, Luke is no relation to either Jared or Jeff

Or Earl

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24080

bigbubbafade
    bigbubbafade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2456

The Cards will be reminded of this trade for a decade.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    Luke Allen Weaver
    Born: August 21, 1993 (age 25 years),

Luke Allen Weaver is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks of Major League Baseball. He previously played for the St. Louis Cardinals.

You know you can just google this stuff yourself, right?
    He sucks tonight

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Jared Weavers son.

Umm no.

The only thing accurate about this garbage bs post is that Jared did in fact at one time pitch for the halo’s.

Crazy how you don’t mind spitting out totally untrue drivel.
    Last edited by 2daBank; 05-14-19 at 11:40 PM.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubbafade View Post
    The Cards will be reminded of this trade for a decade.
    In a good way. You on crack if you think we gonna look back and regret this trade. And I’m saying this thinking weaver can be a pretty good pitcher, imo he never gonna be a ace tho. He has solid #2 or incredible 3 spot in rotation upside but most likely not a ace.

We got Paul freakin goldsmidt for him and a catcher who can’t hit!! Even if he becomes a all star pitcher cards still will never regret this trade. We traded from a position of strength and filled a huge need!! Cards draft, trade for, and develop lots of luke weaver types, big time bats are much tougher to come by and we havnt had one since pujols prime!!

2daBank

He sucks tonight
    6 innings 3 runs is a quality start, even more so in that park. It wasn’t his best but if that start qualifies as sucking for him then he doing incredibly well!!!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    6 innings 3 runs is a quality start, even more so in that park. It wasn’t his best but if that start qualifies as sucking for him then he doing incredibly well!!!
    He didnt give his team a chance to win

i would bet if you asked him he would admit he was pure shit tonight

2daBank

He didnt give his team a chance to win

i would bet if you asked him he would admit he was pure shit tonight
    He was better than any of your post. Since when is 6 innings 3 runs not giving your team a chance to win? Of course he would say he could havd done better, saying this was a awful start or even worse implying that start didn’t give his team a chance to win is fukkin nonsense. If 6 innings 3 runs isn’t giving your team a chance then your teams problems ain’t the pitcher! This qualifies as s start where guy didn’t have his A game but battled and in fact gave his team a chance.

God you fukkin clueless. Look up what a quality start is considered and get back to us.

2daBank

If you can’t win a game your pitcher allows 3 runs thru 6 innings of work vs joe musgrove there better places to put the blame.

Dunno why I’m wasting my breath here. This a typical “bear was on losing team and looking to blame someone besides himself” typical nonsense.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    That's what I was wondering.... didn't realize Jared was that old.

This kid is way ahead of the game....gonna all 'click' soon. Not sure why STL let him get away

and this kids... is why you do your own research, otherwise you will be dumb enough to think Jared Weaver has a son born in 1993

bigbubbafade

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    In a good way. You on crack if you think we gonna look back and regret this trade. And I’m saying this thinking weaver can be a pretty good pitcher, imo he never gonna be a ace tho. He has solid #2 or incredible 3 spot in rotation upside but most likely not a ace.
    We got Paul freakin goldsmidt for him and a catcher who can’t hit!! Even if he becomes a all star pitcher cards still will never regret this trade. We traded from a position of strength and filled a huge need!! Cards draft, trade for, and develop lots of luke weaver types, big time bats are much tougher to come by and we havnt had one since pujols prime!!
    Dunno here Banker. Reminds me of the Danny Haren trade. I really didn't like that trade when it happened and they paid for it. Quite literally and figuratively.

Not really sure the Cards need another all or nothing bat. 30+ dingers in nice, but a guy who strikes out 150+ times every year never really excited me.

How many bats do they really need hitting 20-30 HRs, hitting around the Mendoza or .260 if they're lucky and striking out way over 100 times? Meanwhile paying 15-20 or more million every year.
    Goldschmidt will start getting 26 mill next year for a few years.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by bigbubbafade View Post
    Dunno here Banker. Reminds me of the Danny Haren trade. I really didn't like that trade when it happened and they paid for it. Quite literally and figuratively.

Not really sure the Cards need another all or nothing bat. 30+ dingers in nice, but a guy who strikes out 150+ times every year never really excited me.

How many bats do they really need hitting 20-30 HRs, hitting around the Mendoza or .260 if they're lucky and striking out way over 100 times? Meanwhile paying 15-20 or more million every year.
    Goldschmidt will start getting 26 mill next year for a few years.
    Bro, he not like our plethora of dudes who fall into that category you speaking of. He sports a career .296 average and hasn’t hit below .290 in any of the last 6 seasons, damn near a .400 obp for his career! And a career .924 ops. He is a legit mvp candidate year after year and we desperately needed a bat in the lineup that pitchers feared.

He off to a slow start by his standards (not bad by any means just hasn’t been elite as of yet) but he has done so a few other times in his career and always ends up w a ops north of .900. He a legit threat the likes we really havnt had since pujols left, I suppose holiday was that guy for us for a few years but goldy better than him. When trade 1st happened I was worried that maybe those gaudy numbers were somewhat enhanced by not only playing in hitter friendly zona park but also getting bunch of games at Colorado every year. So I investigated and his numbers were incredibly similar and very good in all the nl central parks and practically identical home/road over his career.

Far as the money it all relative, the extension we inked him to was incredibly reasonable considering what some the other big names have gotten lately. Honestly I was surprised he didn’t want more, I assumed zona let go of him cause his asking price was gonna be super high. Much rather have goldy on the deal he signed than Harper and what he got per year and insane amount of years (I understand goldy older so wasn’t ever gonna be more than a 5 or 6 year deal for him. So glad Stanton refused to come here when fish were shopping him cause again I rather have goldy on this contract than Stanton’s massive deal.

I think it was one those rare trades that end up workin out for both sides. We needed his bat, zona needed solid cost controlled pitching. Cards groom a new weaver type pitcher damn near every year it seems so giving him up for a lineup piece we desperately needed was a no brainer. Carson Kelly was never gonna get a chance here with yadi not only showing no signs of the end but pretty much refuses to sit very often! Lol. I was wanting them to trade Kelly for last couple years before his value started takin a hit as it became more evident his bat doesn’t play very well at this level.

When all said and done I seriously think the chances we regret this move are slim to none. I guess he could fall off a cliff but his game strikes me as one that he outta be able to maintain thru 35 at least. Even if weaver becomes a ace it was still the right move for us and as I’ve mentioned while I do like weavers stuff and makeup I think his ceiling is prob a solid 2 or great #3 starter.

bigbubbafade