Bshark
    Bshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

More questions - Picking Games

Looking at the board each day, how do you narrow it down to a few games to play on? Are you biased when looking a picks from others? Would you pick your games first and then look at a forum such a this for other takes?

Is it best to bet the same on each game or have a rating system, maybe 1, 2, or 3 unit games? If so, how do you rank the games you pick?

What factors do you look at when picking a winner? I look at:

-recent pitching performance
    -picther's record vs a team
    -team streak past 5
    -Bullpen

Is there any formula to weight these or other factors?

Sorry for all the questions. I want to learn to take more of a business-like approach. I'm a person with a disability, with a speech impediment. My ultimate goal is to develop this into some sort of profession. Sounds cheesey, I know.

Thx guys!

B

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by Bshark View Post

Is it best to bet the same on each game or have a rating system, maybe 1, 2, or 3 unit games? If so, how do you rank the games you pick?
    If you have a system, the discrepancy in the %s between what the posted line is and what you have listed as a true line should determine how much/less you should wager in regards to your normal bet.

If you're throwing darts, I'd suggest just going the flat betting route.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, I try to stick to the same wager on each single game I bet on. Every once in awhile, I'll double it or maybe triple if I feel REAL REAL strong about one. But I think in the long run especially when you're just starting out, don't tempt yourself with more than you can afford. If you're ranking how much you would bet on a string of games, I think you have to stick with your gut and research to do that. Don't let your opinion be swayed alot by reading too much if you really like something.

Here's how I rank my games more or less:

Team vs. Team
    1. How pitcher has done vs. opponent
    2. Pitcher's splits at home/road
    3. Pitcher's recent performances (6 starts or so)
    4. Team's record in their last 10
    5. Recent Series History

Totals
    1. Pitcher's splits home/road
    2. Team Over/Under at Home vs. Road
    3. Recent Series History
    4. Team's Last 10 games