bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Carpenter out for the rest of the year

Chris Carpenter is out for the season and will have Tommy John surgery next week. I guess that means the Cardinals are done this year now officially.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yep. I hope they call up Ankiel, I hear he is having a huge year in the minors.

bigboydan

He actually is doing quite well down there surprisingly IMO. They will probably call him in for September call ups for sure Razz.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4711

Thanks for the heads up Dan. I can now drop his ass off the DL of my fantasy team.

tullamore
    tullamore's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe the cards are waiting until september to call up ankiel, because if they call him up, they can only send him down if he clears waivers because he is out of options

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

This essentially means that his will be worthless for next season also. It will be 2009 before he has value again. Meanwhile, Pujols must be looking around each day wondering what the hell happened to his team.

bigboydan

There is not trade talk going on here right now either, which is surprising considering what the owners said during the off season. They said if they were with in striking distance they would make a trade to get some more pitching help if need be.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    There is not trade talk going on here right now either, which is surprising considering what the owners said during the off season. They said if they were with in striking distance they would make a trade to get some more pitching help if need be.
    But realistically Dan, who are other teams going to receive if they send STL a decent pitcher? Duncan is the only guy who comes to mind, and I don't see them getting rid of him.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    This essentially means that his will be worthless for next season also. It will be 2009 before he has value again.
    Agree 100%. It really makes no sense for him to try and pitch next year. Maybe a rehab outing or two next September. But if you're the Cards, you can't count on anything before 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by isetcap View Post
    Meanwhile, Pujols must be looking around each day wondering what the hell happened to his team.
    I know they won the World Series, but it's not like they were a great team last year. They were what, 83-78 or something like that? They won a weak division. Got hot at the right time. And the Detroit pitchers couldn't field their position. And before you knew it, they were World Series champions.

I was watching the Cards/Braves game last night, they put up a graphic that showed how many injuries they've had just this year. Mulder, Carpenter, Rolen...the list just went on and on. That's what's happened to Albert's team...

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

They need to go with the young guys and leave the dinosaurs on the bench.

Duncan should just become a DH the way he plays out in the field.