shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Yankees and Cubs in 7.
    would be two of the biggest choke jobs ever if that happened.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    hi LB.. i hope all is well.. must disagree.. Yanks won't be dominant.. they'll win Divisions..
    but i expect they are a playoff dud.. like Houston Rockets in NBA. Judge is big and strong,
    but that's it. Not fast, not smart, not creative. not a mental leader. imo
    He is a rookie, relax guy.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    i said it should be going 7

judges strikezone is about as big as a lacrosse net right now and he still gets a lot of 3-2 counts but then has to swing at ball 4 because the zone is so fuckin big

mlb knows they have a market in NYC no matter what they are trying to get the astros to the series no doubt. and that will happen because keuchel and verlander are coming back game 6 and 7 fresh

shame what they did to aaron judge. the only one who truly sucks is sanchez hes terrible
    The umps didn't make him a giant, of course he has a big k zone. What you think he should get special treatment?

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    The umps didn't make him a giant, of course he has a big k zone. What you think he should get special treatment?
    Just asking for the same rules everyone else has.

He can't hit balls at his ankles. Not his fault that is at the knees of most guys.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    would be two of the biggest choke jobs ever if that happened.
    Not really. Don't have it front of me but I imagine lots of teams have come back from 2-0 in best of 7. Yankees just came back from 2-0 in best of 5. Cubs came back from 3-1 in WS last year. Those would be bigger "chokes."

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Not really. Don't have it front of me but I imagine lots of teams have come back from 2-0 in best of 7.
    No. 83% of teams who win games 1/2 win the series.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    WTF? Dodgers are a media draw for ratings period this year, Houston with the hurricane and power house offensive team that they are will draw ratings as well..

I think the ratings will be just fine if it ends up as such.. Yankees not done yet, will be pulling for Houston tonight though..
    Dodgers have no personality. Never would have imagined that Mickey Hatcher team was the last winner they would produce for this long. Loved seeing them beat the athletics.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    No. 83% of teams who win games 1/2 win the series.
    OK. well that means it happens 1 in 6 times. That's not that uncommon and there have been many more impressive choke jobs, including plenty recently.

Plus, can you narrow that down when 1/2 winner was the home team. Probably knocks the % down some.

lakerboy

OK. well that means it happens 1 in 6 times. That's not that uncommon and there have been many more impressive choke jobs, including plenty recently.

Plus, can you narrow that down when 1/2 winner was the home team. Probably knocks the % down some.
    Fair enough but what have you seen from the Yankees or cubs that tells you that either can win 4/5 remaining games?

leovegas
    leovegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 329

Titans Colts terrible for ratings

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by leovegas View Post
    Titans Colts terrible for ratings
    Especially if they kneel during the Anthem ... Be a ghost town up in that beast..

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Fair enough but what have you seen from the Yankees or cubs that tells you that either can win 4/5 remaining games?
    Both teams more than capable of the necessary winning streaks and both have the next 3 at home. Tall order for sure, but wouldn't shock me and wouldn't be an epic collapse. Now Game 3 is pretty close to a must-win for both, sure.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

unless you work for fox who gives a fuk about the ratings
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    wow.. whites are being discriminated against and Hispanics are receiving preferential treatment ? lol.
    how about Judge SUCKS? he does.. he could have caught Correa's HR.. but he was a big fat wuss,
    and was worried about hitting the wall.. he looked AWAY from the ball, and TURNED to the wall..
    extending his arm..

and that relay throw where a brilliant Altuve scored?.. that was so slow.. he did not have the confidence
    throw really whip that ball over to Gregarious.. he had to bounce it like a girl. That takes speed off the ball.
    Cost them game

you don't think a guy THAT SIZE should be able to reach the Shortstop from Right Center in the air..?!

Reddick threw out Gardner with a LONGER throw, and MUCH FASTER throw over to Correa, who also
    zipped it over to 3rd.

Didi ALSO bounced it to Home, where Sanchez dropped it. WAIT. He's Hispanic.. he's also not hitting the ball..

i'm afraid your little dream has a few holes in it.. Judge is a pussy. He sucked against Cleveland..

I ASSURE you, MLB is not descriminating against the Yankees. Yanks are the Dallas Cowboys of MLB

America's Team
    Haven't seen you post in awhile

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The stupidity of most of these posts is just amazing. A bunch of know-nothings posting away, and then disappearing when they are proven wrong. The story of this site.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    terrible for ratings... but it's going to happen. Everyone will be on the Dodgers
    Sounds about right

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Only watch one there’s no football

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

The Dodgers are one of the more classic franchises,the Yanks and the Dodgers would have been something special.

lakerboy

Astros just have no appeal. Verlander gives them some appeal because people want to see him win one.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Astros just have no appeal. Verlander gives them some appeal because people want to see him win one.
    I have to disagree. They've never won a WS, have one of the most exciting young teams in baseball. Plus an MVP candidate and one of the better pitchers of his generation who has never won a ring. True baseball fans see the appeal. Obviously the Yankees would have draw higher ratings, but I think that series would have been a blowout, this one could be competitive.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

The Astros are just a bland team to be honest,have no real history,been around since the 60's and this is their second Pennant.

That says it all right their.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

But could be an all timer
    MLB really tried to get Yanks in there.. spotted it right away..

down 0-3 to TWINS Top 1st inning, men on 2nd/3rd..
    Strike Zone got much larger.. Batters standing there scratching their heads

would been down 0-5 Bottom 1st. Yanks would have quit.

DOWN 0-2 to Indians. MLB to rescue.

DOWN 0-2 to Astros. MLB to rescue.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol, market size is overrated with the internet, these were the 2 best teams in baseball all year and this matchup will do great for ratings.

First 12