newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Anyone ever looked at this closely...

My local has lines for first inning H+R+E and score/no score in first. I have found numerous instances where the hre would be o 3+120 and no score at -115. Such that, you could bet the over and no score and barring a solo hr being only hit in first inning, you would do no worse then pushing or possibly making juice.

Trying to see if anyone has ever analyzed first innings to see how often over 3 hre wins when there is no score in first. I've bet it a handful of times and haven't lost both yet or won both yet. A few instances I got good spreads and picked up 15-20 cents on juice which is good but wondering if anyone ever looked into this??

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Crazy angle. Probably books won't let you bet both if they catch on. Although solo hr sometimes seem common in the first inning.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Totals are so random

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

probbly wont be able to bet enough money for it to be worth the while. +$600 and -$575 considering limit is likely no more than $500.

ManOfValue

There can also be a score and this staying under. Walk/steal/pass ball and such.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfValue View Post
    There can also be a score and this staying under. Walk/steal/pass ball and such.
    Thought this was going to happen to me today. Have cubs/reds O3 hre +140 and no score -130. Cubs got two walks and a passed ball to start game. Single would have been trouble but 3 run homer got me a couple dollars in juice. Not often you see a box score of 3 runs 1 hit.

ManOfValue

True, and although it seldom happens it is probably accounted for. The low limits will be a factor too. What is the max you are allowed on this?

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

What about all the times you push with the o3 and a run is scored? I don't see it being profitable.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfValue View Post
    True, and although it seldom happens it is probably accounted for. The low limits will be a factor too. What is the max you are allowed on this?
    Not sure limits. Haven't hit it yet. Been watching to see what hits when the odds are such that you have a spread between 2. I think there are lots of ways to lose both but few to win so trying to watch. To win you would need a couple of hits and some double plays to really hit the over and not score.

I haven't tracked a ton of games, but strangely no games have had 1-3 hits where there wasn't a run scored. I.e. Every game I have watched has either had 0 hre in first or a run scored. Never like 2 hits and a run or 1 hit and no run. If there were any hits, there was a run scored. Small very small sample size but Interesting to watch

ManOfValue

Got you.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

I don't see the value. You could easily get a run on two hits. Push one bet and lose the other or like you said a solo HR. Over time, I believe this will be a loser.