LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Nice Value on Kyle Kendrick & the Phillies +155 Too

Kendrick was highly touted coming out of the minors, and he gave a very good account of himself in his Major League debut, getting credited with a Quality Start while allowing just three runs and six hits in six innings. Besides, what exactly has Jason Stanford done for Cleveland to merit this much favoritism?

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

no way brother cleveland will win again both pitchers are unknown and although kendrick played well last game stanford is better and cleveland is swinging while philly is flat.

AC1318

Player Matchup

Kyle Kendrick

Philadelphia Phillies Jason Stanford

Cleveland Indians

Games 1 1

Wins 0 1

Losses 0 0

ERA 4.50 1.50

Complete Games 0 0

Shutouts 0 0

Saves 0 0

Save Opportunities 0 0

Innings Pitched 6.0 6.0

Hits Allowed 6 6

Runs Allowed 3 1

Earned Runs Allowed 3 1

Home Runs Allowed 0 0

Base on Balls 2 0

Strikeouts 4 7

Hits by Pitch 1 0

Wild Pitches 0 0

Balks 0 0

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

AC,

What basis do you have for saying Stanford is better? Neither pitcher has a track record in the majors, so all things being equal, the +155 dog has automatic value.

The matchup you posted above is meaningless since each pitcher has had just one start this year. The difference is that Kendrick has more upside since that was his first major league start and he figures to improve, whereas Stanford had a cup of coffee in the bigs back in 2004 with very limited success.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Kendrick was highly touted coming out of the minors, and he gave a very good account of himself in his Major League debut, getting credited with a Quality Start while allowing just three runs and six hits in six innings. Besides, what exactly has Jason Stanford done for Cleveland to merit this much favoritism?
    nice call, i put some money on the philly, looking pretty good now. but it is still way too early to feel comforatble.

AC1318

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    AC,

What basis do you have for saying Stanford is better? Neither pitcher has a track record in the majors, so all things being equal, the +155 dog has automatic value.

The matchup you posted above is meaningless since each pitcher has had just one start this year. The difference is that Kendrick has more upside since that was his first major league start and he figures to improve, whereas Stanford had a cup of coffee in the bigs back in 2004 with very limited success.
    just by the numbers I see from one game one had better luck than the other I lean more to cleveland from the offense past two games not the pitchers to start plus the pens which cleveland is better I don't expect both starters to stay that long and although cleveland is losing and I didn't play the game I still think cleveland wins not like I thought yesterday when I gave them a 10* and they cruised to an ass whipping

AC1318

glad you guys won congrats
    and glad I missed the game to save some money it would have eaten the twins win plus some.

question, Were you guys sweating a little???