CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Good numbers matter in the NBA/NFL. Not in this sport. Obviously not saying the number is irrelevant but it's laughable when someone brings up getting a good number. Unless your value fails to exceed win probability it's moot. And some of us have a significant opportunity cost related to the time/information we gain by losing a few cents on the dollar value.

Have someone explain that to you Sammy and then explain it to yourself in the third person for an example.
    In the NFL, with the exception of a 3 point spread.....Point spreads mean very little!! In fact the point spread only comes into play about 18% of the time!!​.......Meaning that the fav. will win by more than spread or the dog will win outright!!!!!

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Terp good info but some of us survive on half game/fg totals not sides/spreads. Admittedly I don't bet nfl all that much so you know better than I there.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Terp good info but some of us survive on half game/fg totals not sides/spreads. Admittedly I don't bet nfl all that much so you know better than I there.
    I tell ya bud, in the last 2-3 years, I have bet about 25 NFL football games and zero NBA games.... nothing wrong with betting on half games or fg totals.................................. ......gl
    Last edited by CappinTerp; 08-31-16 at 07:20 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tampa terrible
    They blew it
    Fuk them

thekoreanmang
    thekoreanmang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2317

Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    In the NFL, with the exception of a 3 point spread.....Point spreads mean very little!! In fact the point spread only comes into play about 18% of the time!!​.......Meaning that the fav. will win by more than spread or the dog will win outright!!!!!
    Dang. Nice insight and statistic. I always thought this was the case but didn't have numbers to back it up. I tried looking around for the source for this stat to learn more but couldn't find. Do you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Tampa terrible
    They blew it
    Fuk them

Bottomline

First 12