buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a weekend, boys!

Put half my account on the Royals at Colorado on Saturday and lost. Was sick, just plain sick all night. Woke up at 4 am and looked at Sunday's games. Went ALL in on Cleveland - 1 1/2 (+ 140) vs the reds. Was dying all day waiting for the game to be over. Starts with Cinci up 2-0. I was down 4 as far as my bet was concerned. Thought I was done. The Tribe came back for me though and held on to win 5-3, scaring the hell out of me in the top of the 8th.

Nerves are absolutely shot! Shot, boys! Shot.....

Got a small bet for fun tonight on SF - 1 1/2 but no more big bets for a while.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    Put half my account on the Royals at Colorado on Saturday and lost. Was sick, just plain sick all night. Woke up at 4 am and looked at Sunday's games. Went ALL in on Cleveland - 1 1/2 (+ 140) vs the reds. Was dying all day waiting for the game to be over. Starts with Cinci up 2-0. I was down 4 as far as my bet was concerned. Thought I was done. The Tribe came back for me though and held on to win 5-3, scaring the hell out of me in the top of the 8th.

Nerves are absolutely shot! Shot, boys! Shot.....

Got a small bet for fun tonight on SF - 1 1/2 but no more big bets for a while.
    Half your account? Why are you going so big?

Do you understand money management?

Its not about how much you bet, its about how often you win...

buztah

Nuts, sen man. I'm nuts. I could lose a 5 dollar bet, get pissed, and bet 10 k on the next game out of rage. Got to ctrl my emotions better. Account biggest it has ever been right now but I know with the way I play i could be at zero tomorrow. need to learn that I can't win every bet.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

That sounds like you had one crazy weekend buztah. I can't believe you had the balls to do that bud, I know I couldn't have done that personally. I'm just glad you won that Cleveland game.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    That sounds like you had one crazy weekend buztah. I can't believe you had the balls to do that bud, I know I couldn't have done that personally. I'm just glad you won that Cleveland game.
    Dan, I was frigin shaking as I watched it. I kid you not. Total wreck. I want to do this full time some day but I have to learn to ctrl my emotions and realize I can't win every damn bet. I have an A+ personality and always want to be the best at everything. Screwing with my head in bases though.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I hear you buztah, glad you won, bases are really fvcked, what else can I say bring on the NFL.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    I hear you buztah, glad you won, bases are really fvcked, what else can I say bring on the NFL.
    You should make more money betting baseball than you should the NFL. Most of the money I make during the football season is on college football, not the NFL.

Buztah, I wasn't trying to criticize or judge. I was trying to help and offer assistance. If you want to do this professionally someday, you're going to have to get in control and practice sound money management.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7 View Post
    You should make more money betting baseball than you should the NFL. Most of the money I make during the football season is on college football, not the NFL.

Buztah, I wasn't trying to criticize or judge. I was trying to help and offer assistance. If you want to do this professionally someday, you're going to have to get in control and practice sound money management.
    I don't have a grasp on the basses yet sen7 but in the NFL to be honest I hammer the sides and totals I also do real well in NBA and NHL.
    For me MLB is new to play on I never really did but once I get it I hope the success is the same as the other sports. This is why I always ask for feedback and opinions.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

MLB is the best sport to bet (IMO), as long as you have the time and patience because it's a long season. You can really grind a decent profit if you pick and chose your spots.

Butzah, I am glad you won. I empathize though as I have been where you are myself. I would constantly grind a very nice profit, parlaying a few bucks into a very sizable account balance. Then I'd lose a few bets, double up my next bets and lose those as well. Then I'd get so mad, I'd go all in and lose everything and have to start over. It ended up costing me a lot of money until I finally got my act together and learned discipline and money management. Now I can take a loss as part of the process and rebound without taking unnecessary risks.

I'll get off my soap box now.

buztah

cracker and sen, totally hear ya. Thanks all for the kind words. Looking at the board now for tonight. GL, all.

cwsulzba
    cwsulzba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Ive been there before too, I actually am still there I guess because I have not recovered. I lost the all-in bet and then some more after that. I am happy that it worked out for you though.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

No offense cwsulzba, but your all in was a $250 four team parlay. This is more than just nuts, IMO as you have a very slim chance of hitting that type of bet. I realize you did hit 3 out of 4, but had you gone all in on your best bet of the day (one of those three that hit), you'd have doubled up.

buztah

Quote Originally Posted by cwsulzba View Post
    Ive been there before too, I actually am still there I guess because I have not recovered. I lost the all-in bet and then some more after that. I am happy that it worked out for you though.
    Thanks, cws. Those parlays are killers. I don't think I've ever won one consisting of more than 2 plays. Now when I play them I put 5 bucks one em and try to win 300 or so on like a 5game parlay for chits n giggles. Too damn hard. Hope you make it all back, pal. Believe me when I say I've been there... more than once.