C-Ville
    C-Ville's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Baseball Betting Question

New to baseball betting and I have a few questions. So if I had a system that was right in all games 65% of the time would it make sense to bet every single game? If not what criteria needs to be met?

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I would like this system and why not bet it if your that confident and have the Info to back it up you would be making money no?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

65% has breakeven odds of -186. So you should not bet odds higher than that.

My gut feeling though is that the 65% includes many games with odds higher than that, and thus is a longtime loser. That is usually what happens when you focus so much on the win% and not the odds.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RavensFan2k3

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by C-Ville View Post
    New to baseball betting and I have a few questions. So if I had a system that was right in all games 65% of the time would it make sense to bet every single game? If not what criteria needs to be met?
    first of all you dont have a system like this if you are "new" to betting baseball.

second if you are new to betting you should stay away, its bad news. It's like a person who doesnt smoke cigerattes considering starting to smoke.... it just don't make no damn sense.

dont bet. You will live longer and be happier.

most of us are miserable broke dikk fukks checking our phones to see scores while we are out to dinner with our families. Trust me its a road you dont want to go down

Even Baldy has been known to work the glory hole booth to get some fast cash for those $5 parlay cards

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    first of all you dont have a system like this if you are "new" to betting baseball.

second if you are new to betting you should stay away, its bad news. It's like a person who doesnt smoke cigerattes considering starting to smoke.... it just don't make no damn sense.

most of us are miserable broke dikk fukks checking our phones to see scores while we are out to dinner with our families. Trust me its a road you dont want to go down

Even Baldy has been known to work the glory hole booth to get some fast cash for those $5 parlay cards
    Lol everyone is always asking what are you doing on the phone and I'm just like nothing...like Im CONSTANTLY checking scores and line movement

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Lol I wanna see his response

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

Good advice but too late for most of us haha

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

You nailed it Bear, for the amount of time I spend capping and checking scores, I could have a paper route and be up more...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

haha i was kidding.

but there is some truth to it.

Sometimes i wish i had never discovered sports investing.

It's def a love/hate relationship i have with it.

love it when i win.

hate it when i lose.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

My gut feeling though is that the 65% includes many games with odds higher than that, and thus is a longtime loser. That is usually what happens when you focus so much on the win% and not the odds.
    good point

C-Ville

I'm not neccesarrily new to Betting per se, but I'm definitely new to using a system to do so. I'm a college student and me and a couple other guys have built a system to see how good we could do as a Stats project. 65% is the number we've gotten for our first system over the past 5 years of games. So, really I noticed most people on here only bet 2-3 games a night and I wondered if that was necessary using the system we built. Thanks for the responses.

RavensFan2k3

I'm not neccesarrily new to Betting per se, but I'm definitely new to using a system to do so. I'm a college student and me and a couple other guys have built a system to see how good we could do as a Stats project. 65% is the number we've gotten for our first system over the past 5 years of games. So, really I noticed most people on here only bet 2-3 games a night and I wondered if that was necessary using the system we built. Thanks for the responses.
    Question...how the hell would we know how many games you need to bet per day based on YOUR system if we don't know what your system is??? You're supposed to be telling us that since its your system

C-Ville

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

This is something that we haven't really thought of and that I'm glad you brought up. If I had the odds to these games we would be able to figure out our average break even odds and really even our units won. That seems like a logical direction to head in, from here.
    Last edited by C-Ville; 08-17-15 at 04:20 PM.

C-Ville

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Question...how the hell would we know how many games you need to bet per day based on YOUR system if we don't know what your system is??? You're supposed to be telling us that since its your system
    Not exactly sure what you are asking here. My system is based on a computer algorithm a group at my university has written based on certain trends in the games. We used retrosheet data to do this.

RavensFan2k3

Not exactly sure what you are asking here. My system is based on a computer algorithm a group at my university has written based on certain trends in the games. We used retrosheet data to do this.
    Ok so what exactly are you asking?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what does your system like tonight?

bluetooth3
    bluetooth3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Lol everyone is always asking what are you doing on the phone and I'm just like nothing...like Im CONSTANTLY checking scores and line movement
    Haha we all do that. What are some one liners you say to people when they ask? I use checking the weather, news, also throw out birthday gifts if I'm getting told often. Lol the gf just knows now and she doesn't say anything.

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth3 View Post
    Haha we all do that. What are some one liners you say to people when they ask? I use checking the weather, news, also throw out birthday gifts if I'm getting told often. Lol the gf just knows now and she doesn't say anything.
    well everyone who knows me I'm a sport freak so I tell them I'm checking scores. Some think I'm just on social media or whatever

inZane
    inZane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4906

This sounds to me like what the SDQL system does. Check out Alex Vaile's thread. He's the dude to ask. Good luck and stay out of trouble!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYjBoRtvhu8