Stax Who you picking to win MLB WS?

Thanks playa

Can't decide between
    Mariners
    Dodgers
    Cubs
    Rockies

I will put 1K on one of these.

I figure the Rockies are my only chance of making $120,000 salary in 2015.

The rotation though
    1. De La Rosa
    2. Chacin
    3. Kendrick
    4. Lyles
    5. Gray

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bear your on crack again today

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bear your on crack again today
    No its medicinal marijuana

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Dodgers ur best option between those 4 but they won't win as long as Don is the coach.

red12sox
    red12sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1913

Red sox

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If I could just pick..

Nationals or Seattle

long shot, Rangers

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

I like these 4 OAK +2900, NYY +3300, PIT +3300, & MIA +5000

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Jays

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Cmon Bear. You really think any of those teams have a chance lol. The Cubs, get the f outta here man. NEVER BUY the CUB HYPE! It's a joke, the Cubs have an unprecedented history of losing. Bro, were talking what now almost 110 years, why anyone would even take the Cubs at 30 is beyond me. They relish losing, the lovable losers. That's like betting on the Bengals to win the SB.

Mariners, wow. I'm sorry but just not happening. They are another team with history not on their side, I'm not looking up stats but have the mariners ever made a WS. They had RJ in his prime, K Grif, and a super hero named Jay Buhner and still not even an appearance. Can't rely on King Felix and an aging Cano to win it all, their bullpen isn't elite either.

Rockies, wow you are stretching like Tony Horton in P90x now. The Rockies no doubt have gotten off to hot starts, that is until their best player Troy T goes down with some type of injury. You need some talent in your rotation, and that rotation is pure garbage lol. If that's sonny gray then hey that's something. But Chacin and La Rosa are just 2-3rd rate pitchers I'm sorry, and their bullpen is suspect. Their ballpark is such a wildcard, and I don't always think that'd work in their favor in the playoffs with those starters, as if they have a chance of getting there anyways.

You go all crazy with 3 teams that have no chance then put in the great choke artists the LA Dodgers, a bunch of overpaid bums that rarely produce in the playoffs and the odds on them will no doubt be inflated.

Who will win?

No idea. If I had Biff's book from back to the future II I'd tell you all so we could party on our own private island while watching Jjgold's antics. A team that stands out to me is the Red Sox, they seem to be a team that comes around every other year. Tigers overinflated garbage, not the Royals, doubt the O's make a run. How about the Cardinals or Nats? Nats have been sniffing it, and Cards are always fukkin people up in the postseason. God I hate those little Birdies, I'd grab that bat and then have batting practice with those birdies sitting on said bat.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Cards, Angels, Dodgers as the best teams... as for longer odds: Yankees, Indians... Love them both this year... The team I can't figure out if I like or not is Washington. They will win 90, but I dont know if they have what it takes to win it all. Dont like Royals (no way bullpen is as good, bullpens fluctuate year to year more than anything and it was KC's major strength). Don't like Oakland... we didnt see the real A's last year... the team the first 100 games was overachieving, and as much as they overachieved, they underachieved just as much the last 63 games. Don't think Giants make the postseason with an improved division (Rockies and Padres especially). Giants are a team built for the postseason (where smallball prevails), they aren't built for a regular season marathon, it takes too much out of a team to scrape and claw for every run for 162 games. I just think the Dodgers are way more talented, and take the division easily. Watch out for the Indians man... they basically were the worst defensive team in the majors last year, and basically every player that was supposed to be good last ended up sucking and we were still in it at the end and finished over .500 I think... with any kind of consistancy in the rotation, I dont see a way we don't make the playoffs... White Sox and Twins are horrid, Detroit looks vulnerable now, and Tribe matches up well with KC. I think itll be KC and Tribe for the division, but both get it. Cubs only intrigue me because they won it all in Back to the Future... shit like that seems to come true, but I think they are like 12 to 1, which is way too cheap... Id need 25 to consider

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Cubs won it in back to the future in 2015? Holy shit. Didn't realize the year, may have to go small. I have a lot of faith in Doc!!!!

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

San Fran again

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Cmon Bear. You really think any of those teams have a chance lol. The Cubs, get the f outta here man. NEVER BUY the CUB HYPE! It's a joke, the Cubs have an unprecedented history of losing. Bro, were talking what now almost 110 years, why anyone would even take the Cubs at 30 is beyond me. They relish losing, the lovable losers. That's like betting on the Bengals to win the SB.

Mariners, wow. I'm sorry but just not happening. They are another team with history not on their side, I'm not looking up stats but have the mariners ever made a WS. They had RJ in his prime, K Grif, and a super hero named Jay Buhner and still not even an appearance. Can't rely on King Felix and an aging Cano to win it all, their bullpen isn't elite either.

Rockies, wow you are stretching like Tony Horton in P90x now. The Rockies no doubt have gotten off to hot starts, that is until their best player Troy T goes down with some type of injury. You need some talent in your rotation, and that rotation is pure garbage lol. If that's sonny gray then hey that's something. But Chacin and La Rosa are just 2-3rd rate pitchers I'm sorry, and their bullpen is suspect. Their ballpark is such a wildcard, and I don't always think that'd work in their favor in the playoffs with those starters, as if they have a chance of getting there anyways.

You go all crazy with 3 teams that have no chance then put in the great choke artists the LA Dodgers, a bunch of overpaid bums that rarely produce in the playoffs and the odds on them will no doubt be inflated.

Who will win?

No idea. If I had Biff's book from back to the future II I'd tell you all so we could party on our own private island while watching Jjgold's antics. A team that stands out to me is the Red Sox, they seem to be a team that comes around every other year. Tigers overinflated garbage, not the Royals, doubt the O's make a run. How about the Cardinals or Nats? Nats have been sniffing it, and Cards are always fukkin people up in the postseason. God I hate those little Birdies, I'd grab that bat and then have batting practice with those birdies sitting on said bat.
    i agree that it seems like the Cardinals and Red Sox always do well if they make it to the post season..

I hear ya about the Mariners but they have never had as much talent in the past as they have right now going into the season. I wouldnt say Robinson Cano is aging ... IMO he had arguably his best season of his career this past season. Iwakuma and King Felix are in their prime and Johnahan Paxton has stuff almost as good as Kershaw. Taijuan Walker and Ja Happ are a pretty decent #4 and #5 option.

i think the Cardinals may actually miss the playoffs this year. Losing Daniel Descalso is kind of a big deal IMO he was a very good bench player for the Cardinals throughout the years. I just think the Cardinals are a team that really is getting up there in age and i think this is the beginning of the end for them. I dont expect big things John Lackey or Lance Lynn.

The Red Sox line-up is outstanding but i am very concerned with that pitching staff. Clay Buccholz was arguably the worst starting pitcher in baseball last year and the Red Sox are counting on him to be the #2 starter... maybe he can bounce back but last year he had a dead arm.
    Porcello has never been asked to be a #1 starter before. They really need another pitcher or 2 badly. Maybe they can sign Cole Hamels.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post

Who will win?

No not Sonny Gray, he is a stud but its Jon Gray he is 23 and he throws 100mph. When you can throw that hard its pretty easy to be successful i would think (assuming he can throw strikes) He was supposed to be up to the Big Leagues by the end of last season but he had some injuries that slowed his progress.

I think Troy Tulowitski might finally stay healthy this season and he is so good he can actually carry the club practically by himself.

"Honestly, I can say I feel as good as new," Tulowitzki said Saturday at Rockiesfest, an event in which fans mingled with players at Coors Field. "But at the same time, no one is going to believe me until they see me go out and see me play. Come to spring training, watch me play and then make your opinion."

"That stuff fuels me," said Tulowitzki, who hit .340 with 21 homers before shutting it down because of his balky hip. "Makes my workouts better. Makes me want it that much more. I definitely have that chip on my shoulder."

sounds like the man is on a mission.

Rockies were 45-36 at home last year which is very respectable and finished 2nd in the league in batting average and runs scored.

Problem is that they were something like 21-60 on the road.

No super star pitcher wants to be traded to the Rockies... i guess none of them have the balls.

I guess there isn't much chance of a guy like Cole Hamels accepting a trade to the Rockies is there?

Former Indians closer Axford has joined the Rockies as well as hard throwing Jairo Diaz acquired from the Angels in the Rutledge trade.