bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats your take on the Braves/Padres game guys?

This one looks like it could go either way tonight. I personally I'm liking San Diego +110 tonight.

Thoughts on this game are definitely encourage

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough game for me. The Pads hit lefties well, Young has been a good road pitcher in the past, they have a small bullpen advantage, and the Braves could be a little flat after the surprising comeback yesterday. On the other hand, James has been great at home and has as many wins as anyone in baseball since last August, the Braves hit RHP better than LHP, and the Braves lineup is clearly better than SD's.
    It's a steer clear game for me.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like SD, I think there's a little value there. Not a ton, but I do think they are the right side.

bigboydan

Mr.GanchrowHG, Do you see value with SD in the series price (+160) ?

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not messing with it

I am playing Milwaukee RL as I think that's the best value play out there for me tonight. If I had to pick a side in this one though, I'd take Atl ML. GL!

The HG

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Mr.GanchrowHG, Do you see value with SD in the series price (+160) ?
    BBD, I don't bet series, so I don't feel like I have any particular insight into this one. But just looking at the series casually, I'd say no, because the only way you can win is if SD sweeps the first 3 games or they win 2 of 3 and then manage to win Wells vs Hudson on Thursday. I think a win on Thursday is highly unlikely. And a sweep of the first 3? Possible I guess, but I'd hate to have money riding on it. SD at +160 seems like a bad bet to me.

bigboydan

It's only the first 3 games of the series sir. So the Thursday with Hudson wouldn't count on this particular wager.

The HG

Ha, yeah I really don't look at series betting, although I'm sure there are some great opportunities. In that case, yeah SD seems like a great bet at +160, just eyeballing it, with no stat analysis.

bigboydan

Smoltz seems to be the one that could really be a threat on Wed night, and he faces Maddux. Other than that it's pretty much a coin flip on the Tuesday game considering the pitching matchups. If you really look inside the schedule you will see where else is the big edge is on the Padres.