bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think this runline has some value to it

Rockies -1.5 +150

What do you guys think?

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting situation, I'll write about it after the 7 o'clock games go off.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great runline eye BBD, because the Col RL has considerably more value than the Col ML, IMO. But I'm not sure about the Colorado side in general.

What's going on with Helmsley is bizarre and unclear. He could be injured, or he could be mentally messed up because of the blister. Supposedly he has fixed his problems with the pitching coach, but it's very hard to say what will happen when he gets on the mound. If he is back to normal, then SD is the side with considerable value, not Col, even the RL. But he may get shellacked again. I'm sure no one knows what is likely to happen, including the pitching coach. It's a judgment call, because the whole value in the game hinges on the Hensley mystery. I'd go with SD here, but if you're going to go with Col, the RL is the way to go.

Runlines are tough because people often use them when they want to take a big favorite but are too afraid to lay big odds. But unless the RL itself is adding extra value, taking the RL is no better or worse of a bet than taking the ML. But in this case I think the RL does add very good value.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

It is always risky to take a home team run line when giving runs. I would just have to pass because I am not laying the -130.

Good luck with it Dan, if you bet it.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4675

My god, I hope no one took the Rockies RL.

Padres up 5-1 so far in the 3rd.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for value with this one. The Rockies left the bases loaded like 3 or 4x's in this game, and only scored 1 run.