doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

Grand Salami/Umpires

I have unofficially been comparing the total runs of the listed umpires to the Grand Salami number. For those who may not know what the "Grand Salami" is, it is the total runs of all the teams for a day. I have seen that if the difference between the total runs of all the umpires and the GS is 10 or more, (over or under) it appears to be a good bet. NOTE: I have NOT tracked the winning percentage, but I thought I would post it for all to track. I am also going to give the the breakdown of over/unders of the combined umpires.

I know many other factors go into handicapping totals, but IMO this has some real potential of being a valuable tool.

One final note, I get the umpire info at Stat Fox and of course the opening day of a series does not have all , if any, of the umpires listed, so on these days there will not be any updates.

7-6-14 Update

Total Umpire Scoring: 134.3
    Grand Salami 122.5
    Difference 11.8
    Umps over/under 9-4-2

Prediction: OVER 122.5

YTD: 0-0

Good luck DD

doubledime
    doubledime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8876

FYI, the Grand Salami just went to 123.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Went under comfortably. Think total scored was 114.

GrandSalamiFTW
    GrandSalamiFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

doubledime- I've been recording/keeping track of the Grand Salami for a few years now in simple Excel spreadsheet, but this is an idea I haven't ran into yet. Can you explain to me how you calculate the total umpire scoring? I went to the Stat Fox website and found the umpire numbers, but I couldn't figure out how you got such a high umpire total. I must be doing something wrong somewhere but I can't figure it out. good luck!
    Points Awarded:

asdf21 gave GrandSalamiFTW 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

asdf21
    asdf21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Grand Salami

Attached Images

GrandSalamiFTW
    GrandSalamiFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

hahaha looks tasty!