SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ben Burns: Sheets & Brewers -120 vs Cubs

Sheets & Brewers -120 vs Cubs

Game Time: 4/7/2007 1:00:00 PM -
    By: Ben Burns

With 'Crazy Charlie' Zambrano a better pitcher at night and 'Big Ben' Sheets solid in the daylight, back the Milwaukee Brewers at home today against the Chicago Cubs.

Ben Sheets was absolutely dominant in his Opening Day start, tossing a complete game 2-hitter. After giving up an early solo home run, he retired 22 straight batters before allowing a harmless double with one out in the ninth inning. The Brewers would go on to win the game by a score of 7-1.

Carlos Zambrano wasn't nearly so fortunate as he gave up five earned runs in five innings en route to a 5-1 loss. Looking back to last season and we find the Zambrano was excellent underneath the lights (9-2 with 2.51 ERA at night) but that he wasn't as strong in daytime starts, recording a 4.38 ERA. On the other hand, Sheets was 4-1 with a 2.41 ERA in six daytime starts last season. Consider laying the cheap price with "Big Ben" and the Brewers.

Play: Brewers -120
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 03:32 PM. Reason: link does not work

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your play Mr.Burns.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dunno about this play personally I would take the CUbs on the moneyline as Zambrano is a damn good pitcher and Sheets was injuried last year and did not show much. Basically your basing sheets performance off his last start, It happened to be good but the Cubs are a much improved squad this year and have a very potent lineup. If i were to bet the side of the game i would not lay the juice and take the cubs at even money.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4747

Im a little worried about taking the Cubs today, because of Sheets at home, but Im taking a shot with Zambrano at plus money.

So I disagree Burns.

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Zambrano, when Zambrano is tested against another quality pitcher he usually brings his all to the mound. With the Cubs badly wanting to get off in the right foot this year I'll easily take the Cubs here as the Brewers offense is nothing spectacular. If there was any game Zambrano can go 7 and pull of 8 or more K's Ill take it in this spot.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gonna be a good one probably, I've got under 7.5 personally.