max58's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Toronto is 6-1 SU last 7 games vs. Tex

Tor + 1.5 - 132 / Get R Done

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

damn thats the longest write you have ever made.

your bet still loses though. Sorry Jays aint hitting Darvish.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I agree. Not gonna hot him, but may not lose too badly.
    I see a 4-2 type score, so the +1.5 for Jays may not be a long shot.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Jays win ... Best bet of the day... darvish will be lit up like a christmas tree.. he will be throwing beach balls not baseballs. maybe some basketballs too.

Yu Darvish threw a gem in his season debut on April 6 and has been tough as shoe leather since. Darvish continues to rack up Ks in bunches and is virtually unhittable against RH hitters but the Jays have some nice lefty bats in their lineup to at least give Darvish something to think about. Darvish absolutely thrives against free-swinging teams but the Blue Jays are not in that category, as they have struck out the fourth fewest times on the road in the majors. Darvish has a groundball/fly-ball split of 32%/46%, meaning that when the ball is in play, it’s usually hit to the outfield. That’s a dangerous game to be playing against the Blue Jays power hitting lineup that has hit .266 against Darvish in the past. Drew Hutchison is too good to pass up on when being offered a price like this. Hutchison has 49 K’s in 45 innings with just 15 walks issued. Four of those walks came in his last start but prior to that he did not walk more than one batter in four straight games. Hutchison’s 4.37 ERA is the direct result of a high hit rate (34%) and low strand rate (67%). Use his 3.47 xERA as a more accurate barometer of just how Hutchison has been pitching. Regression in his ERA is forthcoming and it would appear that the Jays coaching staff has a leg up on Rangers hitters. Last season Toronto came in here and swept the Rangers in three games while outscoring them 21-3. The Blue Jays have won six of the last seven overall against Texas while holding the Rangers to two earned runs or fewer in five of those. For whatever reason the Rangers have trouble hitting Blue Jays pitching no matter who starts while Toronto thrives against Texas pitching.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    Jays win ... Best bet of the day... darvish will be lit up like a christmas tree.. he will be throwing beach balls not baseballs. maybe some basketballs too.

Yu Darvish threw a gem in his season debut on April 6 and has been tough as shoe leather since. Darvish continues to rack up Ks in bunches and is virtually unhittable against RH hitters but the Jays have some nice lefty bats in their lineup to at least give Darvish something to think about. Darvish absolutely thrives against free-swinging teams but the Blue Jays are not in that category, as they have struck out the fourth fewest times on the road in the majors. Darvish has a groundball/fly-ball split of 32%/46%, meaning that when the ball is in play, it’s usually hit to the outfield. That’s a dangerous game to be playing against the Blue Jays power hitting lineup that has hit .266 against Darvish in the past. Drew Hutchison is too good to pass up on when being offered a price like this. Hutchison has 49 K’s in 45 innings with just 15 walks issued. Four of those walks came in his last start but prior to that he did not walk more than one batter in four straight games. Hutchison’s 4.37 ERA is the direct result of a high hit rate (34%) and low strand rate (67%). Use his 3.47 xERA as a more accurate barometer of just how Hutchison has been pitching. Regression in his ERA is forthcoming and it would appear that the Jays coaching staff has a leg up on Rangers hitters. Last season Toronto came in here and swept the Rangers in three games while outscoring them 21-3. The Blue Jays have won six of the last seven overall against Texas while holding the Rangers to two earned runs or fewer in five of those. For whatever reason the Rangers have trouble hitting Blue Jays pitching no matter who starts while Toronto thrives against Texas pitching.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

We shall see. But that's pretty bold to say that one of baseball's best (at home) will be throwing up beach balls.

J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9679

beachballs tend the float in the air and are easy to catch.... Not sure if Tor can score hitting beach balls.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

keep laughing folks... keep laughing

J.M. Disciple

Just look at the other pitcher and how many runs he gives up overall. If toronto even had a decent pitcher today I would consider them with their history against Tex. But were talking about an amateur pitcher vs a pro pitcher.

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

JAYS here coming from a dallas native.

madshakes
    madshakes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Darvish servin up dem beachballs tonight.

J.M. Disciple

YA toronto continues to own tex who cant give darvish any support.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Really too bad for me Probably kills all parlays, parlay killa thrilla

drfunkmaster
    printing it

jays win .. thank you!!!

l3randonf
    l3randonf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

jays just destroyed a huge night in parlays for me

ItsMeMrMattE

@ drfunkmaster

i know the rangers better than just about any other team. all other posters, when you see me going against them. hold my opinion higher than others.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    @ drfunkmaster

i know the rangers better than just about any other team. all other posters, when you see me going against them. hold my opinion higher than others.

i gave my reasonings, rangers bullpen sucks,. jays bulpen sucks too, BUT RANGERS CANT HIT. THAT WAS THE KEY..

ItsMeMrMattE

had my pick in before i saw your reasoning, but i agreed with it all. some people just dont see things like we do.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

had my pick in before i saw your reasoning, but i agreed with it all. some people just dont see things like we do.

i agree with you. but that write up was not my writeup. it was a pick i got and that was that writeup. and i had capped jays winning. so why not..and i included it in this parlay as well.

Pending 5 Team Parlay
    Win 5/16/14 2:20pm MLB Baseball 901 Milwaukee Brewers +105* vs Chicago Cubs (K Lohse - R must Start J Samardzija - R must Start)
    Pending 5/16/14 10:15pm MLB Baseball 913 Miami Marlins/San Francisco Giants Over 7½ +105* (H Alvarez - R must Start Y Petit - R must Start)
    Win 5/16/14 8:05pm MLB Baseball 919 Toronto Blue Jays +154* vs Texas Rangers (D Hutchison - R must Start Y Darvish - R must Start)
    Win 5/16/14 8:10pm MLB Baseball 925 Seattle Mariners/Minnesota Twins Over 8½ -110* (C Young - R must Start K Gibson - R must Start)
    Pending 5/17/14 1:05pm NHL Hockey 2 Montreal Canadiens -125* vs New York Rangers

ItsMeMrMattE

nice parlay. MIA ML for me so still sweatin that one out. but cant make up my mind yet on the NHL game tomorrow. got anything convincing that says i shouldnt go NYR tomorrow and then double down on MONT in the next one if NYR ends up losing.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

montreal wins.. take jays tomorrow as well...

ItsMeMrMattE

ya definitely jays again tomorrow. i still think NYR has a good chance at the small dog win. somewhat similar to the way the LA kings game went today( but not a blow out). books making MONT the fav cause they are at home and not really basing it off of too much else, knowing they will get that juiced home team money in with ease.

ItsMeMrMattE

either way your gonna hedge out this parlay right?

drfunkmaster
    printing it

either way your gonna hedge out this parlay right?
    nope i am not... montreal wins...

ItsMeMrMattE

what! why not? this parlay is paying out somewhere around 35:1 right. why not throw enough on NYR to at least make a little profit if your last pick doesnt go your way. i gotta lot of respect for you drfunk, but it just doesnt make sense not to guarantee profits here, especially when the other side to the last leg is at over +110. that being said im already locked in on the NY Rangers at +111. give me a good reason why you wouldn't hedge here. greed will grind you into the ground.