ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

New to the board... Wed Beisbol

Hey Gang,

New to the board, would like to thank LT Profits for inviting me. Seems to a ton of sports know how on this page. I am extremely impressed thus far with the in depth analysis and experiments several players are running on this site. My hope is to share my knowledge of the game, and also learn by watcihng others in action. That being said, I have three plays tomorrow... all favorites.

Boston Red Sox -154

Florida Marlins -144

Reds -127

Beckett and Arroyo typically quick starters...high winning %'s early in the year. Not terribly thrilled about laying down so much on favorites, but I looked at the card, and these were the ones I liked. Also don't see the Red Sox losing two straight to start the season against KC.

Best of luck to all, let's get off to great start here!!!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Hey Money,

You are a wise man for coming aboard!

Welcome.

As for your beloved Red Sox, yes Beckett has a 10-5 team record in April the last three years, but his opponent Odalis Perez has actually been a tad better at 11-4! I thnk KC is a nice value dog here.

OK, time for me to go to bed.

ShowMeDaMoney

Agreed KC is getting good value - seems they do fairly frequently. As I already told you, I am in fact an avid Red Sox fan, but I try to not let my team preference make me bias. I do however end up betting on/against them fairly frequently as I focus on the AL East and AL West prodominently. Hopefully Boston's bats will wake up tomorrow! Cheers!

ShowMeDaMoney

Added three team parlay.

Yanks, Chokeland, and Cinci.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to the SBR forum ShowMeDaMoney

I personally have to agree with LT in regards to the KC/Boston game today. I think KC has some really good value today.

ShowMeDaMoney

Fins kicking some serious ass right now!

ShowMeDaMoney

Fins blow 6-4 lead in the 9th

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    Very tough beat bud.

Welcome to SBR by the way and good luck on all future plays.

ShowMeDaMoney

Yeah, got of got a bit annoyed.... doubled my bet on the Red Sox. I'm a streak bettor in case you haven't already been able to tell. Definitely on a winning streak right now, hopeful my BoSox won't let me down tonight.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeDaMoney View Post
    First off, let me just say I'm not trying to rub it into you at all bud. You flat out got screwed in that game.

ShowMeDaMoney

Red Sox will make everything okay on the day when they beat Kansas City up for 6 runs and Beckett comes out looking like the pitcher he should be (gets a great start generally and then fizzles out fairly quickly in recent times)

BOL all

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Welcome to SBR. Nice avatar

I agree with your Red Sox play. I'm on the Sox RL. I think they hammer Odalis Perez tonight.

ShowMeDaMoney

haha good times, the two Red Sox fans hammering our boys already! I really try to not bet them more than I would any other team... you try to do the same?

rjt721

I rarely bet them--probably less than any other team. However, I really like them tonight. Beckett looked good in the spring, and I expect him to pitch deep into the game. Also think the bats wake up tonight against Perez, who was one of the worst pitchers in the league last year. Sox win 8-4.

ShowMeDaMoney

Yep Perez a very average pitcher without question. His April record is 11-4 though, just depends which pitcher we see I guess. In any case, I don't see the Red Sox losing two in a row to lowly KC to start the year. I mean, how many times did KC with two straight last year? They only won like 32 games lol

ShowMeDaMoney

Duh, make that 62....still trying to recover from Vegas=))

ShowMeDaMoney

Cubs/Reds locked up in a 0-0 game - in fact only one hit so far! Ahh, National League Baseball.... just doesn't amuse me nearly as much as AL.

ShowMeDaMoney

BoSox looking good. 3-0... come on Reds as well =)

I have a question, how come I see in the main menu 150 people are browsing the baseball forum, yet not any posts in close to a half hour? Is that reading accurate or no?

rjt721

Sox get the job done 7-1. Congrats.

Matsuzaka tomorrow...should be a good one.

ShowMeDaMoney

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Sox get the job done 7-1. Congrats.

Matsuzaka tomorrow...should be a good one.
    Absolutely friend. Cant wait to see what this guy is all about. Spring Training for him was good, but now we get to see the real deal. -165 is too much juice for me, so I will lay off the ML completely. Slightly tempted to bet the -1.5 for a unit, especially because after looking at the card for tomorrow I realized not much out there for my liking.

Had a decent day, +$50. Had the Marlins held on to their two run lead in the ninth I would have won 180. Such is life. Hit a three teamer with Mets, Sox, Angels (didn't get to post in time, will try to always post prior to games) so things ended up just fine.

How about JD Drew huh? Off to a great start!!!!!