PartyGuy1118
    PartyGuy1118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Fixing To Get Laid Off After 10 Years!

I have about 1600 I can start as a bank roll starter. Is baseball something I can make some off of if I go over 65% percent. This isn't all my money I adjust wanna try to the handicapper life for a few months see how it really is! Anyone have any suggestions or tips for someone like me? (I am sure I'll get some hate for this) but hey it's kinda been my dream to so this! Could be a sign! Thinking about posting my BR and how I do prolly tail locals on here who are hot on there picks.

chabooky386
    its called gambling for a reason
    chabooky386's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7618

Take that $1600 and save it. Honestly I don't think anyone can say as of now they are clearing 65% at all. Save it bro!

PartyGuy1118

Don't get me wrong I don't wanna lose I feel like if I went 50 a unit I should over time grow my bank roll. I know that's to much of a unit size but I feel confident in my plays and others. I agree most of the threads I have seen so far it's been rough.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I would say 25 a unit max

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't really quantify baseball betting success with a percentage because the lines vary so widely. That said if your average bet was in the -110 range? No, you wont hit 65%, not long-term anyway. This should be a hobby and definitely not a way to make money that you would rely on for day to day expenses, especially if you're new to this. Good luck.

PartyGuy1118

I have bet before and all that but I wanna see if I can make profit and help with my living expenses. It's gotta be possible to do this for a living for a few months right?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PartyGuy1118 View Post
    I have bet before and all that but I wanna see if I can make profit and help with my living expenses. It's gotta be possible to do this for a living for a few months right?
    Possible, yes. Keep in mind you're not the first person that's thought sports betting could be an easy way to make a living.

If you take a hundred bettors that have decent familiarity with sports betting (and by that I mean at least 3 years and experience across several sports), and watch them bet a season of baseball (or whatever sport you like), 65% of them will probably still lose a substantial part of their bankroll due to a lack of discipline in selecting games or improper bankroll management (bet size too large and/or too much of it in play at one time), 30% will hover around neutral, not losing a lot, but not winning much either. Then that last 5% might make enough profit that they can justify withdrawing enough money throughout the course of the season to help with living expenses. However the guys that are doing that are NOT working off a $1600 bankroll, and they're NOT expecting to hit 65%.

For a $1600 roll, I'd use a $40 unit size (2.5%) and then recalculate the bet size if you get up to $2000 ($50) or down to $1200 ($30). I would also flat bet 1u per play, and not have more than 20% of your roll in play at a time. If you can maintain that level of discipline through at least 100 bets, win or lose, you might have potential. If you can't, then your chances of making money doing this are virtually zero.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ShogunRua, ItsMeMrMattE, and Dan Kelly

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Not to burst anybody's bubble but if u think you're gonna earn a living betting $30-$50 unit's you better have no family or bills, free rent, never-expiring bus pass & a boatload of ramen noodle.

PartyGuy1118

Sking! Great read! I believe the key is BR management. up scope I believe if I can get my bank roll up high enough it could be a possibility of doing this for a living for the summer at least. Really excited to get this experiment started. A lot of great information I must say.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Sking! Great read! I believe the key is BR management. up scope I believe if I can get my bank roll up high enough it could be a possibility of doing this for a living for the summer at least. Really excited to get this experiment started. A lot of great information I must say.
    1% r capable of doing this for a living & I would go on to say 1% of that 1% actually earn a decent living the other 99% of the 1% that do it for a living just squeak by. Sorry, just the way it is. Tough racket sir~

PartyGuy1118

Yes odds are stacked against me. I guess it will be a hell of a experiment run. I'll probably post my play or plays tonight or tomorrow just gonna review some threads for information and do my own handicapping. Thanks for all the overwhelming information I appreciate it!

PartyGuy1118

Oakland As -121 Vs Seattle Mariners

Each unit will be $50. I will be putting 1 unit on this game tonight to start my journey!

PartyGuy1118

I love the As in this spot tonight. Let's get go!

PartyGuy1118

**Live Bet**

Mets +180 Over Angels

1 Unit

Bank Roll 32 Units

After a Bets 30 Units

BaseballWireGod
    BaseballWireGod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill be watching your thread man. I am sure most of us handicappers dream of getting a chance like this. It will take major BR management to pull this off. Ill be pulling for you.

PartyGuy1118

Fixing to be 100%

As

Mets

Looks great!

PartyGuy1118

Let's go Mets! We had this in the bag!

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Focusing your attention on sports betting nearly every day is no picnic.
    And you will most likely find yourself in a rut along the way. The mentality of a bettor is that when you lose, the feeling sucks and you want to get that money back...and more. Then you dig deeper in a hole and start making foolish decisions...Some get to the point of saying, Oh screw it and make a huge play that loses.
    It's a real grind and focus on winning day to day instead of dwelling on the day before if it was awful.
    Weekly gains are the goal even if minimal.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

As I saw in a previous post, very few make a decent profit in betting. And you may have a lot of learning experiences to get good. If you stick with it long enough, and realize you have potential, finding your strengths and pitfalls, you may do well over time.
    Even if you're good at it, you may be in the red for the longest time. I have hot about 55% over 1 year and still came out down.
    Be selective and don't feel you have to make a play every day. You can still take notice and learn from a day with no betting action.

PartyGuy1118

I totally agree! I feel myself before lose 100 and be pissed and bet 500 and lose and be back to square one. You hit the nail on the head there. I think that's the biggest flaw of myself and many other handicappers. Let's go Mets!! Haha

PartyGuy1118

A recker!! Whoo hoo mets take the lead!

PartyGuy1118

1-0 so far possibly 2-0! Gonna be up 2 units hopefully!

PartyGuy1118

See if I can make a living all summer long on MLB! I might raise my unit size I will win over 100 today off of two games. I feel like maybe going 75 or more simply bet bigger but only play limited # of games.

BaseballWireGod
    BaseballWireGod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its a marathon not a sprint. I would not raise your unit size. Once again its your money I am gonna watch this experiment very closely and be rooting for you.

PartyGuy1118

2-0!!! I'll post my next move tomorrow morning! Goodnight fellas!!

PartyGuy1118

Two hours of sleep it's up at em for Sunday MLB card. I will be posting my plays later 2-0 so far in my new job!

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

good luck. its definitely a much harder thing to do than most people realize. and if it came to either risking it in stocks or risking it in sports. i would pick sports any day. so its not as stupid as some people may think it is, but there are a few things going against you in a scenario like this already. mainly that you want to make it a sole source of income. this can lead to emotions getting involved and thats something you dont want. i already see it starting to sprout. you won your first 2, causing emotions of well being and happiness. which in return can lead to you risking more. start to lose, and this can cause emotions of depression and desperation. which can also lead to you risking more than you should be. also a much bigger bankroll is needed in my opinion if you want to actually be able to support living costs from this. it takes money to make money in this game. and the ones who truly succeed long term at this don't really view money as most do. its more of just a number to them, rather than a source of value. this type of mindset helps eliminate emotions and promotes discipline. so my advice would be, ya go for it. but do not rely on it.

PartyGuy1118

I agree 1000 percent with what you said. I like my chances in sports then stocks. I will not do this for a job I was just going to do it for the summer or until my BR runs out. I will find a REAL job once I run out of money with my BR or summer is over.

I am loving this parlay today

Cardinals + Ovr 7 + Dodgers + Tigers + Royals now just trying to decide what to out on it. Not sure yet what I will do just leans so far.

PartyGuy1118

Here our my plays!

Winning = Eating!

Cardinals -1

Royals

Tigers

Dodgers

Nationals

Record 2-0

+2.88 Units

Official Plays For Today!

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

See if I can make a living all summer long on MLB! I might raise my unit size I will win over 100 today off of two games. I feel like maybe going 75 or more simply bet bigger but only play limited # of games.
    This is what tells me your idea is doomed. Your bankroll management is bad, one cold streak will wipe you out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cappinpicks

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

of course you'll pick sports when u know nothing of stocks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Git Lo

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Good luck man. Give it a month and see if you're burnt out yet. Making 5-8 plays a day, regardless of your win loss record, will catch up to you at some point. In the end I hope you genuinely like to follow baseball. That will be your saving grace for when you hit a dry spell.

PartyGuy1118

Thanks. If I hit a dry spell I will sit a few days out and enjoy my BR. I am really gonna not bet with emotions which kills most if not all bettors. I love to follow baseball just really have to be able to ride the highs and lows of the season.

PartyGuy1118

Royals and Tigers Lose.

Cardinals Win

1-2 so far on the day.

3-2 overall record

(+1.15 Units)

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079