2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    He doesnt but you guys are all sleeping on the Lou. Team ain't no slouch and wont be walked over, not tomention they've been here a million times. Let's be real it took a miracle to beat braves in that game 5 and freddy fukkin garcia matched everyone's beloved
    Kershaw pitch for pitch. Their lineup can rake just as hard and who knows what youll get upstairs with greinke.
    8th nlcs since 2000

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Banker you've made your point. We hear you loud and clear.

Dodgers lineup is far and away better than Pittsburgh's. Not even close. And that's without their best player in Kemp.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Cards deserve all the respect in the world they do this almost every year, and that's comin from a Reds fan who hopes the Cards plane crashes one of these days... But I would be very afraid of this Dodgers team whoever mentioned that swagger is absolutely right confidence and swagger is big in these games would love to see Dodgers - A's World Series

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The thing is there won't be a game 7
    i hate to agree with lakerboy but this series won't get to game 7.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    no hate for LA intended,,just love of cards and feel like they starting to get little disrespected in this thread..
    no disrespect pal. i knew they'd pull it off yesterday.

but this is a special year for the dodgers.

you know when they went on that crazy 50 game streak?

this team is special...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    no disrespect pal. i knew they'd pull it off yesterday.

but this is a special year for the dodgers.

you know when they went on that crazy 50 game streak?

this team is special...
    i cashed a ton on that streak..i aint mad at them

of coarse was getting back what they cost me for a month

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Banker you've made your point. We hear you loud and clear.

Dodgers lineup is far and away better than Pittsburgh's. Not even close. And that's without their best player in Kemp.
    i would never argue differently than that.. never said such a thing,, ill give you that dodgers lineup is way fukkin better than buccos.. overall pitching staff i may argue different but the difference isnt as drastic as the bats that for sure..

kemp aint been their best player in a long time,,id take hanley any day of the week and all day next..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

So who is taking the Dodgers?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    So who is taking the Dodgers?
    Probably me

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

i would never argue differently than that.. never said such a thing,, ill give you that dodgers lineup is way fukkin better than buccos.. overall pitching staff i may argue different but the difference isnt as drastic as the bats that for sure..

kemp aint been their best player in a long time,,id take hanley any day of the week and all day next..
    Hanley is the best hitter in this series and it isn't even close.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

im not sure wtf miller did to matheny for either kelly or lynn to be in rotation over him? unless he has hit some kind of inning cap i dont fukkin get it at all,,, and isnt wacha on normal rest now? hell if you dont wanna go with miller go with wacha..i can deal with kelly making a start, but not sure why gm1 and not sure why the hell miller all a sudden behind kelly and lynn...
    I'd go Miller/Wacha/Waino, and let Kelly and Lynn pitch long relief.

I don't get it either.

BigDofBA

Like I've previously stated, the Dodgers should win the series but I like the Cardinals chances so I'm not hedging my future on them.

The future I have pays 6.5:1 and I don't have enough on to really even warrant hedging so I'll let it ride.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Like I've previously stated, the Dodgers should win the series but I like the Cardinals chances so I'm not hedging my future on them.

The future I have pays 6.5:1 and I don't have enough on to really even warrant hedging so I'll let it ride.
    I disagree.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I disagree.
    It's going to be a good series.

If the Cardinals split the first two games I'll feel great about splitting the two in LA.

Then it's a three game series and the Cardinals have home field with Waino at home in a potential game 7. That is getting way ahead though because they still need to take one of these at home for this to happen.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It's going to be a good series.

If the Cardinals split the first two games I'll feel great about splitting the two in LA.

Then it's a three game series and the Cardinals have home field with Waino at home in a potential game 7. That is getting way ahead though because they still need to take one of these at home for this to happen.
    I'm not understanding Kelly in Game 1 though. At all.

2daBank

I'd go Miller/Wacha/Waino, and let Kelly and Lynn pitch long relief.

I don't get it either.
    Think Lynn relief and using Kelly, wacha, waino, miller in that order but still not sure that fact..gotta have 4, I'd prob rather it be Kelly than Lynn, both experienced out of pen, like Kelly mentality more to start. He better than whoever lad using as a 4, obviously they matching up different but I understand using miller vs lad 4th and Kelly vs greinke...Kelly a bulldog, he keep them in the gm for 5-6 innings..

UCLAKERS
    UCLAKERS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

LAD -140

new to this site and everyone brings valid points to the table. Kershaw is beatable as much as Wano is and from what I'm reading in this thread is that you guys are giving automatic W's to them. This series will go at least 6-7 games and if it does go 7 the we'll be in for a treat with Wano vs Kershaw game 7.

From LA and I'm pulling for my team big here but can't be naive and think this is a gimme series.

BOL TO ALL!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKERS View Post
    LAD -140

new to this site and everyone brings valid points to the table. Kershaw is beatable as much as Wano is and from what I'm reading in this thread is that you guys are giving automatic W's to them. This series will go at least 6-7 games and if it does go 7 the we'll be in for a treat with Wano vs Kershaw game 7.

From LA and I'm pulling for my team big here but can't be naive and think this is a gimme series.

BOL TO ALL!
    Certainly not giving either automatic wins. Def think cards can beat Kershaw, lol. Honestly tho Ryu is more the kind of lefty that bothers cards worse than cy so yea lad could beat waino gm 3,, I think they split at both venues thru the 1st 4 one way or another.. After that not sure what 5 will bring but 6 would be wacha and if cards lucky gm7 in stl, then if we get there and only then do I think waino unbeatable. Lot of work to get to that point tho,, hope it that good of a series..

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

I'm not understanding Kelly in Game 1 though. At all.
    Lynn's ERA is 3.97. Kelly's was 2.69....during the regular season.

Lynn's postseason ERA is over 10!! Kelly's is 3.38

I have to agree with Matheny's decision to use Kelly in game one, the guy has been clutch this season, and Lynn has been getting shelled lately just like last game against the Bucs, he wouldn't make it to the 5th against LAD.
    If you are betting Cardinals for the series you gotta like Kelly to keep a Cards close in game one and set up for the stronger pitchers to follow him in games 2 and 3. Trust me Kelly is the best decision. However, I can see a case for Shelby Miller, especially at home and hope to see him pitch later in the series.
    Last edited by Barnes & Whine; 10-11-13 at 04:17 AM.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Dodgeballs

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I'm in California so my local had LAD -170 (+150 on cards)

So I had to take the redbirds for pure value reasons. Hoping they take game one then I can bet the dodgers at Even'ish on 5dimes and have a free shot at $500

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

As long as Lynn doesn't see the pitcher's mound this series I like the Cards chances.

With all due respect to the Dodgers having two great pitchers. The Cards pitchers have been great lately as well.

t-wizzle

This is the best number you'll get on Dodgers all series. At worst they split the first two before heading back to LA.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes & Whine View Post
    Lynn's ERA is 3.97. Kelly's was 2.69....during the regular season.

Lynn's postseason ERA is over 10!! Kelly's is 3.38

I have to agree with Matheny's decision to use Kelly in game one, the guy has been clutch this season, and Lynn has been getting shelled lately just like last game against the Bucs, he wouldn't make it to the 5th against LAD.
    If you are betting Cardinals for the series you gotta like Kelly to keep a Cards close in game one and set up for the stronger pitchers to follow him in games 2 and 3. Trust me Kelly is the best decision. However, I can see a case for Shelby Miller, especially at home and hope to see him pitch later in the series.
    Yeah, I'd use Miller in Game 1 and Lynn and Kelly out of the pen.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Koldazzice View Post
    I'm in California so my local had LAD -170 (+150 on cards)

So I had to take the redbirds for pure value reasons. Hoping they take game one then I can bet the dodgers at Even'ish on 5dimes and have a free shot at $500
    I'd take the Cards at +150 in a heartbeat.

2daBank

This is the best number you'll get on Dodgers all series. At worst they split the first two before heading back to LA.
    i agree they split in stl.. after it 2-2 will price be different?

t-wizzle

i agree they split in stl.. after it 2-2 will price be different?
    I don't know about you but I'm not taking a series price 4 games into the series.

2daBank

I don't know about you but I'm not taking a series price 4 games into the series.
    im not taking a series price now.. unless i like a dog a lot i rather go gm by gm..

t-wizzle

im not taking a series price now.. unless i like a dog a lot i rather go gm by gm..
    Are you not confident in your Cards? You must think they lose homefield

2daBank

Are you not confident in your Cards? You must think they lose homefield
    not exactly,,lol.. and yea like i said i agree i think they split in stl..still think it comes back to stl as i think they split the 1st 2 in lad as well...after that i dunno yet..

First 12