mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

I'm excited for the future of baseball

I know many people don't really find baseball exciting or enjoy watching it, but the future of the sport looks great with guys like Machado, Harper, Trout, Puig, and Fernandez making huge impacts at such young ages, playing the game right, and love the game as much as anyone. I can't see any of these guys testing positive for any illegal substances or making many stupid decisions and setting a great example for the rest of the league.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Guy

you said florida has an easy schedule.

give me one fukkin good reason i should read anything you write about sports

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baseball is dead
    Ballparks empty
    Overpaid players

Soccer taking over

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Baseball is dead
    Ballparks empty
    Overpaid players

Soccer taking over
    JJ americans absolutely hate soccer.

Soccer is a communist sport. which is why they allow tie games.

Baseball is not dead. But its annoying as fukk that espn keeps giving baseball negative attention by making a big deal out of steroids.

who cares if players get banned for steroids. Thats why they have a farm system, business as usual.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    JJ americans absolutely hate soccer.

Soccer is a communist sport. which is why they allow tie games.

Baseball is not dead. But its annoying as fukk that espn keeps giving baseball negative attention by making a big deal out of steroids.

who cares if players get banned for steroids. Thats why they have a farm system, business as usual.
    Soccer is growing, that's for sure. I hate it but I know a ton of kids in college that I've met over the years that absolutely love it and get together to watch big games.

I agree that baseball is not dead either and that I don't know why baseball gets so much steroid attention when guys in EVERY sport are using them. We never hear about the basketball or football ones, though.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Sorry pal, but Puig does not play the game right. He plays the game like he has bricks in his head. Has tons of talent but the baseball IQ of a 4th grader. I'm sure all the people saying they love the way he plays the game will be singing another tune when he's running through stop signs, missing the cutoff man, and costing them outs and runs in the playoffs. We've seen no improvement in that part of his game. Guy can't even show up on time. Comes across as entitled and a jerk-off. I wouldn't do a double take if he popped for PED's either.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Sorry pal, but Puig does not play the game right. He plays the game like he has bricks in his head. Has tons of talent but the baseball IQ of a 4th grader. I'm sure all the people saying they love the way he plays the game will be singing another tune when he's running through stop signs, missing the cutoff man, and costing them outs and runs in the playoffs. We've seen no improvement in that part of his game. Guy can't even show up on time. Comes across as entitled and a jerk-off. I wouldn't do a double take if he popped for PED's either.
    Nino just posting what he read this week on CBSSPORTS.
    Genius.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/...rs-lose-theirs
    Everyone reads the same shit you do, but most of us aren't dumb enough to quote them word for word.

And BTW, the "raw" players in ALL sports are by far the most exciting to watch. Know how Puig plays the game right? He enjoys and loves the game. That's what ppl want to see. That's why fans love him. That's why he made the All-star team after like 20 games. That's why he sparked a team 8 games back and is like 50-20 or some ridiculous shit since he got called up.

When the dodgers win it all, who do you think is getting the credit for their turnaround?
    Do you think an error that costs them a playoff game is gonna bury this guy? LOL.
    They wouldn't be there without him.
    Guy who wrote the article you copied is an idiot by the way.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Genius.
    Everyone reads the same shit you do, but most of us aren't dumb enough to quote them word for word.

And BTW, the "raw" players in ALL sports are by far the most exciting to watch. Know how Puig plays the game right? He enjoys and loves the game. That's what ppl want to see. That's why fans love him. That's why he made the All-star team after like 20 games. That's why he sparked a team 8 games back and is like 50-20 or some ridiculous shit since he got called up.

When the dodgers win it all, who do you think is getting the credit for their turnaround?
    Do you think an error that costs them a playoff game is gonna bury this guy? LOL.
    CBS I'm not 50, pal I don't follow cbs sports. No idea what you are talking about. Pretty fukkin' bush league to be saying I ripped off an article.

And BTW, Puig didn't make the All-Star game, his fans didn't vote him in. If I were a Dodgers fan, I'd love to see my outfielder hit the fukkin' cutoff guy and quit putting runners in scoring position after a line drive single. The regular season is over for the Dodgers. The kid needs to smarten the fukk up if they want to make a World Series run. There was a reason he was held in the minor league for so long. Kid can't show up to the stadium on time, makes TMZ driving around a white Rolls Royce, he runs through the coaches signals, makes terrible throwing and base running mistakes, there's red flags all over the kid yet it's all brushed aside due to the Dodgers record and his talent at the plate. Been saying this for awhile. Thanks for calling me a plagiarist though

jjgold

Latina destroyed the game
    End of thread

Drugs
    Lack of hustle
    Bad attitudes

Move game out of usa

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I don't know what niño is talking about... Sure puig fukks up a lot but he's a rookie... And if it wasn't for him, we would be stuck in last place. Niño is just a puig hater... Too much haterade

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

1 game playoffs after 162 game seasons

dumb all star game deciding home field

steroids

all time records with asterisks

a lot to get excited about

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

How Baseball can survive through the 21st century.
    This is simple shit -
    First. BAN THE DH - the worst rule ever made in sports; they don't play baseball in the AL, call it whatever the fukk you want but it ain't baseball.
    Second. Move the pitching rubber back 1 foot - in the late 19th century, to keep the game fun to watch and play, baseball experimented with many different distances from pitcher to hitter and now it is time to do that again - except for the steroid era (steroids helped batters more than pitchers), over the past 70 years pitching has gotten better than hitting (easily provable, for lots of reasons). People will bitch and moan about the purity of the game, bs, bs, bs..... but it will be a much more fun game to play and watch.
    Third. Reduce the commercial break time between innings by 1 minute. The commercial break time has been steadily rising since radio broadcasts became popular in the 1920's, and now it ridiculously out of hand with 9 inning games frequently going 4 hours - the historical stats on MLB game length are crazy (the average length of a 9 inning game has grown by AN HOUR over the past 100 years, etc......)
    These are the real problems facing baseball, let professional athletes do whatever PED they want (from Gatorade to Cocaine) as long as their usage is posted in the pregame game notes. Don't listen to me Bud, and then check back in 20 years.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I don't know what niño is talking about... Sure puig fukks up a lot but he's a rookie... And if it wasn't for Hanley Ramirez, we would be stuck in last place. Niño is just a puig hater... Too much haterade
    Fixed it for you.

jjgold

the game is unwatchable

tv ratings are horrific

young people are not watching it

soccer is gaining

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

ha ya right soccer getting big in america?

what planet do you live on? soccer is the "most popular" sport in the world because its very affordable for the vast majority of the poor people in the world who cant afford equipment for real sports so they find a coconut and start playing soccer. im sure if you gave those same poor kids the opportunity to play a sport like football or baseball they would forget about soccer in a heartbeat. I give soccer 100 years more of existence before capitalism plays its course and the rest of the world catches up to us and realize what a dumb sport it really is.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Soccer is an easy game to understand and doesn't cost money to play. All you need to play soccer is a dusty field, a stuffed goat bladder, and a couple of tin cans to mark the goal posts.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Fixed it for you.
    puig is the spark plug... All dodgers fans know this..

jjgold

Mayan I wish I lived in LA..I would come to your house and whip you on your front grass

Talking to Opie last night he reiterated you ran like a polar bear from him all during the bash after he slapped you

Back to thread....PUIG is vital to LA..huge part of their run

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mayan I wish I lived in LA..I would come to your house and whip you on your front grass

Talking to Opie last night he reiterated you ran like a polar bear from him all during the bash after he slapped

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Genius.

Word for word? I clicked the link and found nothing that you imply so try something else Nutz!
    Anyone who follows baseball, watches ESPN or reads articles about Baseball will say the same what Nino said.
    No question Puig is talented and has sparked the Dodgers but Puig playing the game "right" in OP's word is incorrect and I think that is what Nino was getting at.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: El Nino

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Football is #1, loved by all

Baseball is a dying sport

Only blacks and hipsters watch basketball

Soccer is growing but still only has cult status in America.

MMA has more fans than Soccer

Hockey is followed by northern rednecks

Jefferey13
    Jefferey13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Baseball is struggling and I hate it. It's the greatest sport IMO. As the US continues to age though all sports will lose popularity. With all the people allowed into this country there are just too many opinions. We aren't a united country, and because of it we will never unite behind sports. As football grows worldwide we will probably see it become less popular in the US.

These are all just guesses. And I do think soccer will keep gaining popularity even though the sport kinda blows, just ask Ted Lasso.