tg09
    tg09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Jeremy Bonderman tonight?

Bonderman and the Mariners are +158 against Joe Blanton. Yeah, Joe Blanton and his 1-10 record are -168 against the Mariners. I know the Mariners suck but Bonderman has actually been really good his last two starts and Joe Blanton is Joe Blanton. What am I missing here?

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I watched angels/mariners last night. It looks like the angels finally are starting to hit. I bet the angels rattle off a bunch of wins here. Be careful

tg09
    tg09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

I haven't made a play yet, and my not, but even with the Angels bats coming alive lately, that number seems insane for a guy with a 1-10 record and an ERA of 5.87.

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was intrigued as well but Bonderman needs to prove himself before I can trust him. He was out two years with elbow issues before making three starts this season. Performed well at home vs Houston and NYY, but got shelled by the Twins at Target field. Send a career 4.87 1.40 pitcher into LAA against the hot-hitting Angels? There's a good argument for Blanton getting smacked around but I'd want a bigger sample size on Bonderman before I took this one.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

Blanton has had quality starts in 3 of his last 4 games I'm huge on Angels -1.5 mainly because Angels are hitting the crap out of the ball right now...hell Hamilton even homered last night.

joco
    joco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8045

yea angels usually go on a win streak around midway thru the season.

CapDatA$$
    CapDatA$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 238

the only way these two pitchers win games is with run support. while bonderman is 1-0 reppin a .64 era in his last two starts, his first start of the season was atrocious. the angels bats have struck fire as they are batting .370 and have scored a combined 36 runs over the last 5 games. on the other hand, blanton is a mess, in his last 6 home games he is 0-4 while the angels are 1-5 and he has a home era of 6.25. I'm not sure what bonderman will show up tonight, but if either team wants to win this game they will do so by scoring runs. that being said, over 9 runs looks pretty tempting.