No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Should 1st and 2nd with no one out in a tight game not be a bunting automatic?

Teams refusing to bunt in these situations -- regardless of who is up -- continue to get burned. Tribe just killed their own rally, right after the Brewers drove theirs into the ground.

Did this not used to be a given? Now, you literally never see it anymore. Same goes for a man on 2nd and no one out. When the tying run is in scoring position, do you not sacrifice the out to get him 90 feet away? When did MLB teams abandon this concept? Is it an ego thing -- some guys just refuse to bunt? Funny, I thought baseball was a team sport and the main focus was to win the game.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you no coin.. I think it should be a given except for exceptional circumstances... Most teams do bunt with 1st and 2nd and no outs. The debatable one is when there is already an out.

With no outs.. unless you have a great player with a great average against a pitcher, you tell them to bunt.. The problem is that if you have a great hitter, they might not have developed good bunting skills

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Tofudog View Post
    I agree with you no coin.. I think it should be a given except for exceptional circumstances... Most teams do bunt with 1st and 2nd and no outs. The debatable one is when there is already an out.

With no outs.. unless you have a great player with a great average against a pitcher, you tell them to bunt.. The problem is that if you have a great hitter, they might not have developed good bunting skills
    Agree. With one out, unless it's a strong bunter, swing away.

whtsox13
    Update your status
    whtsox13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

While we're at it, another diminishing skill is hitting to the right side with man on 2nd less than 2 outs...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by whtsox13 View Post
    While we're at it, another diminishing skill is hitting to the right side with man on 2nd less than 2 outs...
    Yes.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yes.

Yes