stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

NY Yankees (Phelps) +100 over TB Ray (Hernandez)

1) I like the matchup

Phelps is the better starter. Across the board numbers are league average due to a sluggish April, however his numbers this month in May are solid, 1.22 WH/IP ratio, 2.84 ERA. As a regular Yankee watcher I can clearly say he has found his groove thing.

Stikes out more than one an inning is eye popping. One downside he walks a little too much for my liking, but he's not crazy wild.

Roberto Hernandez (Fausto Carmona?) got rocked his last start, having a bad season thus far.
    Horrible across the board numbers, 5.24 ERA 1.37 WH/IP ratio, 2-4 overall. Only concern is he pitches well at home,even still I think Mr. Phelps matches up well in this spot.

2) NY Yankee lineup.

Grandy is spanking the ball, as the rust has worn off from lack of spring training, big help to that patchwork lineup.
    Cano destoys Faustino, oops, my bad, Hernandez 11-23 lifetime is as good as it gets.
    Gardner is .300, leading off tonight, if he gets on, better than 50/50 he scores with his speed.

Call up David Adams (3B) for Youk and A-Rod is a hitting machine, but buried in the minors because of no spot for him.
    In the week he's been here, he's 6 for 19 with 2 homers. Kid is MLB ready,and can flat out rake.
    He's hitting behind Grandy tonight.

Vernon Wells thinks he's 25 years old again, is off to a torrid stat.

Rays lineup, once you get past Longoria is weak ass.

I'll take even money, with the better starter (Phelps) and a better llineup now that Grandy is back hitting hard 7 days a week

Happy Memorial Day weeked fellas, here hoping everbody cashes their tickets.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed here. Only thing that kept me from a bigger wager was Phelps inexperience as a starter. If he goes 100 pitches that will be the first time in his career he has done that over 3 successive games. Tampa always makes you throw a number of pitches.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    1) I like the matchup

Phelps is the better starter. Across the board numbers are league average due to a sluggish April, however his numbers this month in May are solid, 1.22 WH/IP ratio, 2.84 ERA. As a regular Yankee watcher I can clearly say he has found his groove thing.

Stikes out more than one an inning is eye popping. One downside he walks a little too much for my liking, but he's not crazy wild.

Roberto Hernandez (Fausto Carmona?) got rocked his last start, having a bad season thus far.
    Horrible across the board numbers, 5.24 ERA 1.37 WH/IP ratio, 2-4 overall. Only concern is he pitches well at home,even still I think Mr. Phelps matches up well in this spot.

2) NY Yankee lineup.

Grandy is spanking the ball, as the rust has worn off from lack of spring training, big help to that patchwork lineup.
    Cano destoys Faustino, oops, my bad, Hernandez 11-23 lifetime is as good as it gets.
    Gardner is .300, leading off tonight, if he gets on, better than 50/50 he scores with his speed.

Call up David Adams (3B) for Youk and A-Rod is a hitting machine, but buried in the minors because of no spot for him.
    In the week he's been here, he's 6 for 19 with 2 homers. Kid is MLB ready,and can flat out rake.
    He's hitting behind Grandy tonight.

Vernon Wells thinks he's 25 years old again, is off to a torrid stat.

Rays lineup, once you get past Longoria is weak ass.

I'll take even money, with the better starter (Phelps) and a better llineup now that Grandy is back hitting hard 7 days a week

Happy Memorial Day weeked fellas, here hoping everbody cashes their tickets.
    Nice writeup, I'm not on this game, but I wish you luck Nash.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Tampa has been crushing the ball as of late and scoring runs which is out of character for them no doubt. Only other thing to consider is Tampa really seems to have NY's # and get up for these games. Evil Empire has lost 9 straight series in Tampa. Not like NY is a juggernaut on offense themselves either like always they can hit the long ball but it's usually solo blasts with this team. GL Nash!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Can't argue with any of that nasher.

You could've just said you were fading Fausto and left it at that.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

You could've just said you were fading Fausto and left it at that.
    I just like to back up my plays with facts

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I just like to back up my plays with facts
    Normally, they're appreciated. In this instance, that's all you needed. LOL.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

love the play took them overnight at +102 as you said better pitcher at plus money a must bet

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

I don't care who he's playing. I always fade Fatso Carmona

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    love the play took them overnight at +102 as you said better pitcher at plus money a must bet
    good catch

baazigar
    baazigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    I don't care who he's playing. I always fade Fatso Carmona
    yessir

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

I'm on TB for reasons, obviously no point saying now. Down 0-3, but plenty of game left

Nice write up and gl

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Lol Brett Gardner?

stevenash

Perfect game, half way home

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go T-Bay