PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phillies Catcher Carlos Ruiz Suspended For Adderall Use!

Quite a day in the City Of Brotherly Love.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...erall_use.html

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Is adderall allowed if you have a legit case of ADHD and prescription from doctors?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

25 games for adderall and only 50 games for hgh and other steroids? I think the 25 game ban is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that they want to warn other players of how harsh the penalty is but missing half as many games as a steroid user is way too much. Guy should be missing 10 games at max especially considering he is a position player and not a pitcher. If anything fine the guy a large some of money but no way should he be missing that many games. If adderall is 25 games steroid usage should be at least 75-80 games.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

If you think about it 25 games is nothing compared to 4 games in the NFL

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

not sure why adderall usage is such a big deal. It is a known fact that millions of college students around the US use it it is fairly easy to get a prescription for it considering how everyone has trouble focusing these days. I think the league (NBA,NFL,MLB) need to put stricter rules in place and put stricter rules in place about who can use adderall& ritalin and who can't.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

all these guys should just go back to using greenies

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    Is adderall allowed if you have a legit case of ADHD and prescription from doctors?
    yes. there are several NFL players that take it everyday including sundays and its allowed. its becoming rampant with guys with no RX for it though.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    not sure why adderall usage is such a big deal. It is a known fact that millions of college students around the US use it it is fairly easy to get a prescription for it considering how everyone has trouble focusing these days. I think the league (NBA,NFL,MLB) need to put stricter rules in place and put stricter rules in place about who can use adderall& ritalin and who can't.
    bottom line is that if it's on the list then it's on the list and you shouldnt get caught doing it

that said im firmly in the camp that these guys are entertainers first and foremost so let them pump it the fuk up....i wanna see 700 foot homers!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

no wonder he had such great numbers at an older age

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

They're all cheating one way or another...