bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

One thing baseball definitely does right is no instant replay bullshit!

Sure they have TONS of close plays (at first alone there are many bang bang plays each game) and only 1 guy to make the instant decision trying to watch the ball the feet all at the same time it is obvious there are big mistakes that are made but guess what....WHO FUKIN CARES!

Getting robbed or benefiting from a bad call should be part of sports and has always been part of baseball and will hopefully always be. Can you imagine going to fuckin instant replay and reversing calls on each close stolen base or play at first? It would make baseball unwatchable

I just wish football did the same thing

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Only look at instant replay at super close calls. If your team was robbed you would think differently.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Sure they have TONS of close plays (at first alone there are many bang bang plays each game) and only 1 guy to make the instant decision trying to watch the ball the feet all at the same time it is obvious there are big mistakes that are made but guess what....WHO FUKIN CARES!

Getting robbed or benefiting from a bad call should be part of sports and has always been part of baseball and will hopefully always be. Can you imagine going to fuckin instant replay and reversing calls on each close stolen base or play at first? It would make baseball unwatchable

I totally disagree with you.

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    what movie was that?

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Remember when football first brought back replay they had a limit of I think 90 seconds in booth and if time expired they would always say not enough video evidence. What ever happened to that limit. Now they go camp in that booth forever.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Ya, it sure would suck to get things right.

bettilimbroke999

You guys are high as a kite, baseball is so slow its nearly unwatchable now, you slow it down to stare at instant replay for 5 minutes like they do in football on each close play and I would never watch, maybe you guys would like to slow baseball down even more but no one else...hopefully u jackasses get burned on a bad call and get steamed up today for downing my thread

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by BigPage25 View Post
    what movie was that?
    Pretty sure that is the television series Community.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

baseball is already boring as shit.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

100% disagree. baseball would benefit so much from instant replay.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    100% disagree. baseball would benefit so much from instant replay.
    100% disagree there is nothing wrong with a bad call this is the nature of sports, sports has been played for 100s of years long before instant replay...it was better than ever before all this bullshit 5 minute review of each play to make sure it was called right

Hell the REAL strike zone exists only in the umpires imagination, a strike is a strike only if he says its a strike...in a game like this instant replay is pointless
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 10-10-12 at 04:53 PM.

mynameismud

100% disagree there is nothing wrong with a bad call this is the nature of sports, sports has been played for 100s of years long before instant replay...it was better than ever before all this bullshit 5 minute review of each play to make sure it was called right

Hell the REAL strike zone exists in the umpires imagination, a strike is a strike if he says its a strike not if it really is a strike
    i see where are coming from. sports have been played with the human error element since forever up until about 6 or so years ago. for me personally, the joyce/galaraga call was the icing on the cake for me. joyce missed another crucial call last night. i do agree that baseball is already too slow, and instant replay would make it slower even though im still for it.

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    Pretty sure that is the television series Community.
    Cool Thanks

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

guy is a troll

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

only on homers and close plays

NEVER on ball and strikes

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    only on homers and close plays

NEVER on ball and strikes
    definitely not on ball & strikes.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Hell the REAL strike zone exists only in the umpires imagination, a strike is a strike only if he says its a strike...in a game like this instant replay is pointless
    I would like them to follow NFL, gives managers 1 or 2 challenges every games, and any close calls in the 8th or 9th should be automatically reviewed.

Also, they should review plays at the home plate, and not just home runs/foul balls/trapped balls.

no gnu taxes
    no gnu taxes's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. Officiating is just part of the game.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by tb1984 View Post
    I would like them to follow NFL, gives managers 1 or 2 challenges every games, and any close calls in the 8th or 9th should be automatically reviewed.

Also, they should review plays at the home plate, and not just home runs/foul balls/trapped balls.
    We've gotten into this ridiculous idea the last 10 years or so that games NEED to be called perfectly, first off its a dream bc that strikeout should've been a walk and that walk should've been a strikeout, that 70 yard rushing TD had a missed hold that should've made it 1st and 20 and that blocked shot was really a foul etc etc etc, THERE IS NOTHING PERFECT ABOUT SPORTS OFFICIATING.

Why get so crazy about one aspect and completely ignore the human error element in the rest of the game, okay so if we see a ball moving slightly on a catch and correct it to incomplete that makes up for the 50 other errors in the game...gimme a break!

tb1984

We've gotten into this ridiculous idea the last 10 years or so that games NEED to be called perfectly, first off its a dream bc that strikeout should've been a walk and that walk should've been a strikeout, that 70 yard rushing TD had a missed hold that should've made it 1st and 20 and that blocked shot was really a foul etc etc etc, THERE IS NOTHING PERFECT ABOUT SPORTS OFFICIATING.

Why get so crazy about one aspect and completely ignore the human error element in the rest of the game, okay so if we see a ball moving slightly on a catch and correct it to incomplete that makes up for the 50 other errors in the game...gimme a break!
    I mean, come on. Those examples that you use to justify your stand on no instant replay, are just ridiculous. I'm not talking about ball/strike calls, judgement calls like foul or no foul.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Got a better suggestion. Eliminate the official scorer, put a 5th umpire upstairs. He reviews every play automatically. In the 20-30 seconds before the next batter gets to the plate he'll be able to review the play and buzz down to the home plate umpire to fix the call. Nice and easy. And if he can't make a decision in 30 seconds the play stands as called.

tb1984

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Got a better suggestion. Eliminate the official scorer, put a 5th umpire upstairs. He reviews every play automatically. In the 20-30 seconds before the next batter gets to the plate he'll be able to review the play and buzz down to the home plate umpire to fix the call. Nice and easy. And if he can't make a decision in 30 seconds the play stands as called.

Fair enough.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

yeah no replay system is definitely the way to go.

having fat managers trot out and argue for 5 minutes when calls can't be even over turned doesn't slow the game down at all for no reason

bettilimbroke999

I mean, come on. Those examples that you use to justify your stand on no instant replay, are just ridiculous. I'm not talking about ball/strike calls, judgement calls like foul or no foul.
    Okay so you can screw up officiating all the fouls, balls, strikes, etc but get the completions/incompletions right and you have a correctly called game....yea that makes sense lol

Look as long as the game is called FAIRLY I have no problem with bad or missed calls, obviously in baseball with no instant replay other than HRs (which is almost never needed anyway) they agree with me. Look if an ump is calling the game fairly then a bad or missed call is kinda like a ball that takes a bad hop or a swinging bunt or whatever, just a bad or good break that is part of the game and if you think the umps are calling the game unfairly theres nothing you can do anyway bc as youve said theres a million other judgement calls they can manipulate even WITH instant replay, hell just strike everyone out instead of walk em or call every shot a block instead of a foul or vice versa.

tb1984

Okay so you can screw up officiating all the fouls, balls, strikes, etc but get the completions/incompletions right and you have a correctly called game....yea that makes sense lol

Look as long as the game is called FAIRLY I have no problem with bad or missed calls, obviously in baseball with no instant replay other than HRs (which is almost never needed anyway) they agree with me. Look if an ump is calling the game fairly then a bad or missed call is kinda like a ball that takes a bad hop or a swinging bunt or whatever, just a bad or good break that is part of the game and if you think the umps are calling the game unfairly theres nothing you can do anyway bc as youve said theres a million other judgement calls they can manipulate even WITH instant replay, hell just strike everyone out instead of walk em or call every shot a block instead of a foul or vice versa.
    I did not say that, those are your words. You're missing the point, instant replay should be used to assist referees to make correct calls, and instant replay should not be used to replace referees. Your arguments are toward the latter.

bettilimbroke999

You just dont seem to realize that EVERYTHING is a judgement call...whether its pass interference or incidental contact is a judgement call that basically results in a completion so why should a completion or incompletion be absolute. Im a fan of speeding up the game and to tell ya the truth I could handle a missed call or bad call much better than hearing TD then waiting 5 mins and finding out they overturn it...its a fuckin joke, ppl should know instantly where the game stands not have to wait 5 mins after each play to see what the cameras confirmed or didnt confirm...hell half the time they say the play stands meaning that there really isnt a correct call one way or the other

They could literally call holding on every play...its basically just whether a ref sees it and decides to call it or not, umps can call a strike on every remotely close pitch, etc. How can you take a game filled with 90% complete judgement calls and take an hour reviewing 10% of the plays in order to help them be perfect. Hey if you want machines to make officiating the game perfect then lets have computers analyze each play rather than umps/refs bc humans aint perfect
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 10-11-12 at 04:42 PM.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

some of the blown calls at first base are a little ridiculous, like that rockies one where the guy was way off the base
    Name:  akjdl.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  7.1 KB

bettilimbroke999

Bad call that could've gone either for you OR against you, thats life move on.

Instant replay bullshit is the worst thing to ever happen to sports, I mean why even make a call or have refs anymore why not just have a guy in the booth make every call with video long after the play...just remove all the excitement of a play as its happening as you dont know the result until its been reviewed from 10 angles

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

You guys are high as a kite, baseball is so slow its nearly unwatchable now, you slow it down to stare at instant replay for 5 minutes like they do in football on each close play and I would never watch, maybe you guys would like to slow baseball down even more but no one else...hopefully u jackasses get burned on a bad call and get steamed up today for downing my thread
    Baseball should only use instant replay on questionable homerun calls (did it go over the fence or over the home run line, that type of thing) and in cases like Jeff Maier, the kid who reached over the wall in that Yankee Oriole playoff game.

As far as the game being slow, do you realize the ball in play in baseball is the same amount of time the ball is in play in the NFL.
    Both games average about 3 hours give or take, you have to snap the ball within 25 seconds or you get called for delay of game, rule 8.04 in baseball states you have 12 seconds to pitch the ball once the pitcher has the ball and the batter is set.

NFL just seems faster becuase of the action, the hitting etc. etc. but baseball and football the ball is in play pretty much the same amount of time.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Conclusion: OP is a fukkin moron

managers spend more time arguing shitty calls than they'd spend reviewing it in a booth

tb1984

If you saw the horrible call at second base in the Yankees game, you would see why we need more instant replay in baseball playoff? Umpire looked stupid to miss that call. It would just take less than 2 minutes to reverse the call, and things would be different.

ermzzy
    ermzzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

that decision was horrible but good for my BET. thank god that umpire sucks, cost them 2 more runs, this is almost a done deal to go 2-0 let hope i dont jinx it, and then they have to go play in detroit and verlander = NIGHTMARE

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

one blown call penetrates up the whole damn game, unreal

tb1984

You complain about the time that it takes to get calls right with instant replay, how are about commercials? Commercials in the NFL are obnoxious.

12 Last