BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

Braves Tonight

Play Braves -1 tonight. Its Chipper Jones Appreciation Night in ATL and if they lose I will be surprised.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Yup got them on the RL

Then a small ML parlay with Braves, Dbacks, Yankees, Athletics.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32453

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoi View Post
    Play Braves -1 tonight. Its Chipper Jones Appreciation Night in ATL and if they lose I will be surprised.
    Don't mean to trash your thread, I respect all that post plays, but don't bet a game based only on fan/player appreciation night.
    Yes, the ball park will be beaming with love, "Thank you Chipper, Thank you Chipper" and all that, I get that.

However, the Braves and Larry, I mean Chipper has been tormenting the Mets for two mother freaking decades.
    The Mets respect Chipper, but know this, as an opponent, they hate him.
    Mets are NOT going to roll over for the Braves tonight, no way, they'll play this one to win.

Now, onto the nuts and bolts.

Hudson has had an steady season, Niese has been equally good, if not slightly better.
    There is no edge in the starting pitching department. None.

You can make a case the Braves bats hit Niese a little harder than the Metropolitans hit Hudson, but this game is no slam dunk.

Passing, I hope you cash that ticket tonight though.

jjlwar
    jjlwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 835

Braves are playing for that chance to take the #1 spot from the Nats. Hank Arron and the rest of the "Pride of the Brave's Nation" are going to be in attendance. Atlanta's skipper has alot of pressure on him to produce tonight.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I remember when it was Chopper Jones bobble head night and he just tore it up. Two homeruns, 4 RBI's, and he was just crushing everything.

Honestly, I think Niese is the better pitcher but Hudson has the better team behind him. The Braves are peaking right now and they're gonna be tough in the playoffs.

The juice is just crazy, though. I hate paying that much but Atlanta wins today.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    I remember when it was Chopper Jones bobble head night and he just tore it up. Two homeruns, 4 RBI's, and he was just crushing everything.

Honestly, I think Niese is the better pitcher but Hudson has the better team behind him. The Braves are peaking right now and they're gonna be tough in the playoffs.

The juice is just crazy, though. I hate paying that much but Atlanta wins today.
    Yes I remember that night, it was against my home team in the Padres. I thought about the same thing, this does add value, but there's no way you can capp that realistically. And God knows I was burnt several times as a beginning bettor on what seemed like "motivational edge" in years past. Fact is as Nash says the pitching matchup is pretty even, with the only caveat being Hudson has had this disturbing trend of pitching well, then having a bad outing, followed by a good outing - since the all star break. Whether that comes into play on Chipper Jones night remains to be seen. Facts are the Mets are a better scoring team away from home this year, and yet only have avg. about 3.5 runs on the season... At this point late in the season, its either a Braves pick or a pass in this instance, not sure if Mets ever deserve my investment, perhaps only if Dickey is pitching and that's a question mark moving into next year.

Today's card is just SMH. Lay the juice or take a toss-up risk.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I like the Mets at the price. BOL

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    I like the Mets at the price. BOL
    Good luck to you CTOWN.

CTOWNsCAPPIN