Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playoff Capping and Discussions: Wednesday October 11th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

13_dc_13
    13_dc_13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can anyone give me a decent argument as to why the Mets don't win tomorrow? After tonight Det. is looking strong with Verlander manana as well. Thoughts?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cliff Floyd is hurt, and Jeff Weaver has looker really good on the road for the Cardinals this year.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    has looker really good
    I knew you guys were tight, but damn...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Cliff Floyd is hurt, and Jeff Weaver has looker really good on the road for the Cardinals this year.
    weaver on the road:
    6-7 4.38 era...against mets: one start 5IP, no decision, 7.2 era

Glavine home:
    8-3 with 2.88 era...against Cards: 1-0, 4.50 era

Like the Mets, but seems pricey...
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 10-11-06 at 07:02 AM.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Cards have some pretty good value at +160ish

Tommy Nosepicks
    Tommy Nosepicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got the Mets for the series but too lazy to figure out which games they'll actually take.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I got killed on the A's yesterday on live betting. I still like the Tigers in that series. I think the under (8.5) looks good again. If I had to pick a winner tonight, then I would go with Verlander and the Tigers. The Mets were an early favorite to get to the World Series and that still looks to be true. Glavine looked good against Dodgers. Tough to bet against the Mets at home.

1. Mets -1.5 (+125)
    2. Mets/Cards - Over 9 (-115)
    3. Tigers ML (-107)
    4. Tigers/A's - Under 8.5 (+105)

Good luck everyone!

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I really don't like either game tonight at all, hard for me to find any legit value, lines look spot on with the Mets being slightly overpriced, but not enough to justify a bet on the Cards.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only good reasons that I could think of are value and Rolen playing...
    He has hit well against Glavine and will provide some protection for Pujols...
    As for Weaver, its a gamble but I wouldnt jump into the Glavine is rock solid wagon yet...
    I will personally pass on this game but I'll be rooting for St Louis despite the fact that I love Glavine...
    Thanks for the memories dude, but not tonight...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by 13_dc_13
    Can anyone give me a decent argument as to why the Mets don't win tomorrow?
    Scott Rolen is 19-for-53 (.358) with 2 HR and a 1.077 OPS against Glavine. Juan Encarnacion is 13-36 (.361) against Glavine. Albert Pujols is 9-for-20 (.450) against Glavine and Ronnie Belliard is 5-for-12 (.417) against Glavine.

Over the course of his career, Glavine has been like several other top starters in that if he is going to struggle, it will be early in the game. So the Cardinals have to come out and be ready to get after him from the get-go.

That said, it is still so much easier to pick Glavine to have a far better game tonight than Jeff 'Nightmare' Weaver. Carlos Delgado absolutely eats him up.

And the last thing is the weather...looking like it could be wet tonight in Queens. If they only get a few innings in and have to call it at that point, it could hurt New York's chances in the series since it would wipe out Glavine's start.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Scott Rolen is 19-for-53 (.358) with 2 HR and a 1.077 OPS against Glavine. Juan Encarnacion is 13-36 (.361) against Glavine. Albert Pujols is 9-for-20 (.450) against Glavine and Ronnie Belliard is 5-for-12 (.417) against Glavine.

Over the course of his career, Glavine has been like several other top starters in that if he is going to struggle, it will be early in the game. So the Cardinals have to come out and be ready to get after him from the get-go.

That said, it is still so much easier to pick Glavine to have a far better game tonight than Jeff 'Nightmare' Weaver. Carlos Delgado absolutely eats him up.

And the last thing is the weather...looking like it could be wet tonight in Queens. If they only get a few innings in and have to call it at that point, it could hurt New York's chances in the series since it would wipe out Glavine's start.
    Good point. I think that's what happened with Mussina and the Yankees in Game 2 against the Tigers. Looks like the rain hurt the Yankees more than the Tigers.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

wheres Dr Phil when we need him?

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    wheres Dr Phil when we need him?
    It's the new fall season so I'm sure he's off taping shows.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Nosepicks
    I got the Mets for the series but too lazy to figure out which games they'll actually take.
    If I bet the Mets for series, Glavine at home v. Weaver game one would definitely have been one I circled towards my four...