easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

8/17 Weaver -164 @home

Got buried big last time Weaver pitched hopefully it doesn't happen again. Tampa bounced back tonight after the perfect game I would like to think both Weaver and the Angels bounce back here. Shields has been pitching decent however if he doesn't get his usual strikeout total here Angels should backup Weaver and they should win comfortably.

So any reason not to trust Weaver after he burnt us last time?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im just getting into card but very interested in weaver at that price..have to make sure nothing glaringly bad that jumps out but as of now i like it, kinda saying a lot cause i absolutely hate halo's, mainly cause of albert (stl fan) , but hate greinke too and now he there, plus they just inconsistent for a team that overpriced on a reg basis..

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3419

I'm going all-in Weaver first five innings (not a whole lot of money). I forgot to warn you last Weaver game to do first five innings - it very rarely loses (though at the time it seemed like a sure win either way). First five innings could screw us with a push, but I rather risk that over a loss. After all, my impression is TB's bullpen is much better than Angels.

Seems every time I bet I'm one step off. I took a break, and several of my fav pitchers Price, Burnett, Hernandez, Strasburg, Gio all won recently. I won't make that mistake with Weaver.

With my torrid losing streak, I narrowed down my strategy to one strategy left: bet on Weaver. All other bets have screwed me over time - lol.

It is possible Weaver could pitch a perfect game - TB is perfect for that. But nevertheless, I'm going 5 innings.

One poster once said the best bet anytime Weaver pitches is the under. I agree, but I never bet totals.

briedward

The alternative is to simply tail Roxxy with her WNBA - her record is impressive.

briedward

Here's a tempting parlay: Miley/Weaver/Verlander first five innings +235

easyliving

I don't like to go against Houston at home too much juice for my liking. I also usually don't do first five will probably just take the Angels for the game.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

IPersonally this is the type of game I wait for all month. You have Weaver who is coming off his second bad outting of the year which means he's going to bring his A game against a extremely low powered offense. The Angels are coming off a game in which the faced the Ace of the Rays. Weaver is going to pitch lights out and the Angels are going to pound the ball. You can debate whether Weaver is better then Felix but it doesn't matter. They are both top notch Cy Young contenders. Look what Felix just did to that offense. Do you think Weavers gonna have a lot of trouble? Hes going to run thru them. At -168. I'm going to go big. That's a steal.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    IPersonally this is the type of game I wait for all month. You have Weaver who is coming off his second bad outting of the year which means he's going to bring his A game against a extremely low powered offense. The Angels are coming off a game in which the faced the Ace of the Rays. Weaver is going to pitch lights out and the Angels are going to pound the ball. You can debate whether Weaver is better then Felix but it doesn't matter. They are both top notch Cy Young contenders. Look what Felix just did to that offense. Do you think Weavers gonna have a lot of trouble? Hes going to run thru them. At -168. I'm going to go big. That's a steal.

honestly i would debate price better than them both but we really splitting hairs, today with price being so cheap was the kind of gm i live for...i have no doubt weaver be nails, not sure i trust laa to hammer the ball as their offense is inconsistent, like they were shutout today and like i said hard no tto like getting weaver at a somewhat reasonable price, dont like everyone will love it but prob dont matter, ff un may be on my radar as well....going to sleep, talk to you all 2marro after i get off work..

easyliving

fckin gettin buried even further unbelievable

briedward

Me too. Here lies my tombstone for baseball betting. Either I bet against myself or it's hopeless. I have to fukkin drive to Vegas now to reload. Going to revive my bank with Roxxyfish's WNBA picks. Roxxy has won 73% of point spreads. Don't tail her for everything else.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Rough every dog has its day

briedward

So much for the sure 'under' when Weaver pitches. Weaver must be hurt - how the hell do you give up 7 to a team that typically has difficulty scoring runs?

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by briedward View Post
    So much for the sure 'under' when Weaver pitches. Weaver must be hurt - how the hell do you give up 7 to a team that typically has difficulty scoring runs?
    They have actually been fine scoring since longo came back

humble
    humble's Avatar Become A Pro!

very disappointing performance from Weaver

John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

The bottom line is I am having a poor season in MLB. I appreciate the supporters out there recognizing that fact and I will continue to post plays one day at a time, one play at a time. NFLX thread is at least starting off on the right foot.

John Ryan

I am also always glad to hear from the posters, who are kicking the books butt. That feels good and is well earned. I also have followed a CHASE system and would like to know more about which one you have used. There are different and varying ways. But this is great news to hear people doing so well!

John Ryan

10* Braves -147

10* San Diego -105

5* Cubs +171

5* Baltimore +185

One 2* parlay Baltimore and the Cubs.

BOL to everyone.