zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Trout!!!!!

Seeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaa

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

20 years old, and already the best player in baseball.

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey zoo calm down

ok ?

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    hey zoo calm down

ok ?
    Your texas bet isnt done yet calm urself.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

2 homers by pujols too!

zoo youk

Yea it is. There goes albert

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Your texas bet isnt done yet calm urself.
    jeffie back off.

not on texas.

you back off.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

MVP and ROY

guys unreal

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Guy is unreal

Bearfan3417
    Bearfan3417's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 645

Trout is so sick. He has big time power and the Mantle comparisons are looking better every day.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Trout....Pujols and Morales. Not bad. Hunter is getting older and Abreu washed up and gone. Nice to see replacements.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Trout and Pujols should average their contracts together and split in half.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

comparing mike trout to mickey mantle is an absolute joke ....

but okay

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Trout's crazy good but he needs to do this for a few seasons before people go throwing around Mantle comparisons.

He could bat .260 next year, doubtful but we've seen it before with young players.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    comparing mike trout to mickey mantle is an absolute joke ....

but okay
    yeah trout can steal bases, isn't disabled with injuries and alcoholism
    At trouts age the mick was setting records for errors in the minors

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Never thought I'd say this....but You Mad Bro is 100% correct.

Any dumb fukk that compares Mike Trout to Mickey Mantle clearly knows nothing about baseball, and should be tried for treason.

The kid is awesome, no doubt. But he's 3 months into his rookie year. Lets put the anointing oil away.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Mickey would also throw tantrums and call his daddy crying saying he was quitting baseball. Guy coulda been greatest ever had he not had so many health, mental, emotional issues and appetites for booze and trim

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Mickey would also throw tantrums and call his daddy crying saying he was quitting baseball. Guy coulda been greatest ever had he not had so many health, mental, emotional issues and appetites for booze and trim

Hey pal! I fukkin love booze and trim. I'm chock full of mental and emotional issues, and lets not even start on my health.

Not sure where I was going with all this......but regardless, Mickey Mantle was THE MAN!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Angels best team in baseball. Hope u guys had them for your future bets when they were struggling to hit (pre Trout). Pujols 20 home runs now just in May-July.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Hey pal! I fukkin love booze and trim. I'm chock full of mental and emotional issues, and lets not even start on my health.

Not sure where I was going with all this......but regardless, Mickey Mantle was THE MAN!!
    this made me laugh hard

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Guy could get 30-30

You mad bro

He's 20 years old .. If mickey mantle wasn't an alcoholic hbwoukd have broken almost every record in the majors ...

Let alone dude could steal bases and one of the fastest guys ever to run down the line ...

THE FCKN KID IS 20 years old give it a rest ... They played in a different age where hitters weren't given an advantage at all ... Ballparks were so much bigger... Plus the competition was so much better ...

You can put any 9 guys from 1990 - present vs any of the old timer and they would lose 10 out of 10 times

Bonds
    trout
    griffey
    arod
    mmcguire
    sosa ... Any of the all stars from the recent years would get smacked by old timers

So once again comparing mike trout to one of the greatest players is just plain out stupid and opie thanks for agreeing with me ... I take back all my comments I made about you

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Mickey was fast as hell, but his legs were always hurt. He didn't steal bases. Not all parks were huge. But yeah you make good points. I don't think anyone thinks trout is better than mantle. It's just the Oklahoma 20 year old OF player with 5 tools.

You mad bro

I know but he is 20 years old .. Let the kid play 5 years and see where he is at .. And if mantle was healthy he would have beers the greatest ever that's all I'm saying ...

Btw u can't even compare trout to joe DiMaggio let alone mantle .....

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Trout's crazy good but he needs to do this for a few seasons before people go throwing around Mantle comparisons.

He could bat .260 next year, doubtful but we've seen it before with young players.
    He's a monster at the plate, guy picks great throws and can easily go to 3-2 in 0-2 situations.

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    He's a monster at the plate, guy picks great throws and can easily go to 3-2 in 0-2 situations.

Thats a good tool to have but that doesnt make u a great ball player ... Giambi did that all the time ...

Hes good but still needs to play a couple more seasons enforce you can compare him to anyone

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

The comparison is trout AT 20 vs Mantle AT 20.....

No one is saying trout is anywhere near a hall of fame legend. But throw some names out there of players that had the numbers in terms of power,speed, average in actual stats and potential at an age and experienence level of trout.....

Think about THAT for awhile and get back to me.

Does it mean trout will be great all his career? No, he'll he could end up being only the third best trout to ever play. But what he has done this year is amazing

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    The comparison is trout AT 20 vs Mantle AT 20.....

No one is saying trout is anywhere near a hall of fame legend. But throw some names out there of players that had the numbers in terms of power,speed, average in actual stats and potential at an age and experienence level of trout.....

Think about THAT for awhile and get back to me.

Does it mean trout will be great all his career? No, he'll he could end up being only the third best trout to ever play. But what he has done this year is amazing
    I said give him time .. I admitted trouts a good player ... For a lot of tools ... Just needs some more time before comparing him to anyone ... We agree on somethings which is good lol ...

Give trout 5 years and if he is still doing the same than we can start comparing

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I think I'll continue on with comparisons whenever I want to, in the way I want its one of the less boring things about baseball... Debate and comparisons LOVE IT! It's fun times, but I understand not everyone's cup of tea.

Zoo Youk, was it you that got mad at my Eric davis comparison about a month ago or was that in the drink?

Still waiting for more comparisons for someone like trout at this age

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Dude is ridiculous. Just robbed another HR about 2 feet above the wall.

You mad bro

Mike trouts rooster is in over 200 people's mouth on this forum ... So pathetic ... It's like they never seen a goo player play baseball before

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    He's 20 years old .. If mickey mantle wasn't an alcoholic hbwoukd have broken almost every record in the majors ...

Let alone dude could steal bases and one of the fastest guys ever to run down the line ...

THE FCKN KID IS 20 years old give it a rest ... They played in a different age where hitters weren't given an advantage at all ... Ballparks were so much bigger... Plus the competition was so much better ...

You can put any 9 guys from 1990 - present vs any of the old timer and they would lose 10 out of 10 times

Bonds
    trout
    griffey
    arod
    mmcguire
    sosa ... Any of the all stars from the recent years would get smacked by old timers

So once again comparing mike trout to one of the greatest players is just plain out stupid and opie thanks for agreeing with me ... I take back all my comments I made about you
    your just plain stupid. old timers > new guys? ya when only whites could play? that statments is moronic. its directly contrary to the laws of competition....players are better than ever now/more athletic because of increased competition/larger player pool/higher salaries

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    your just plain stupid. old timers > new guys? ya when only whites could play? that statments is moronic. its directly contrary to the laws of competition....players are better than ever now/more athletic because of increased competition/larger player pool/higher salaries
    Lmao so your trying to tell me that the players in this day and age are better than

Babe ruth
    ted Williams
    willie mays
    joe d
    mantle
    gherrig
    cy young
    bob feller
    ron Guidry
    ty cobb
    honus wagner
    shoeless joe
    Stan Musial
    Hank Aaron
    Bob gibson
    Jimmie foxx
    Mel ott
    pete rose
    Tris speaker
    Walter johnson

You are just straight up an idiot .... These players played in bigger ballparks ... Balls weren't juiced like they are now... Most guys had second jobs in the summer to be able to help out ... Not like today where you can practice thought out the summer if you wanted to

Idk why I even wasted my time posting this list of players ... You probably don't even know half of them ... Fckn idiot

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

your ******* idiot ass comment just proved my theory. ur ******* theory is based off players names that played in a different era/different rules/different ballparks then followed by ".... These players played in bigger ballparks ... Balls weren't juiced like they are now... Most guys had second jobs in the summer to be able to help out ... Not like today where you can practice thought out the summer if you wanted to"

my theory is based on the fact that now any race can play, dedicate their entire time/work ethic to playing ball with higher salaries/ and better technology/ ability to practice/ more information/ better techniques....

if you dont understand this, than your dumb bro

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Babe Ruth vs real bull pens, blacks, latins, splitters, cutters ect? I'd love to see him face chapman. I'm sorry but I bet he only faced a handful of guys that even topped 90mphs

123 Last