Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

How can anyone be a Marlins fan?

I mean they finally spend $$$ in the offseason to try to fill seats in their new ball park and now they are back fire selling again?

Gotta be brutal to be a fins fan, even with the rings....

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

better than an expos, cubs, pirates, Indians, royals ect fans

i'm reserving judgment on these moves until it all settles down after july 31 and the 2012 off season

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

those rings give them some wiggle room

2 rings in first 11 years. really unreal

cubs 100 fukkin years

fans gotta be disappointed bout the fire sale tho

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

For a typical sports fan, yes it would be brutal.

But for a Miami sports fan.... they don't care enough for it to phase them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

I bet most Marlins fans are great fantasy baseball managers. Most of the players in the league were probably traded by the Marlins at one time or another.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Seen their home attendance for the past few years. Nonexistent fanbase.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

i prefer their approach rather than settling for mediocrity

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Seen their home attendance for the past few years. Nonexistent fanbase.
    they don't even come close to selling out the new park in its 1st year, thats UNHEARD OF

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

no fire sale dude...hanley is a cancer to the team and been that way since he dogged to left field for that ball..plus without juicing he's been AWFUL for 2 years...i'm not mad at that move as it helps us..i'm mad anibal got traded and infante as anibal has been unreal forever just never gets run support...atleast we got the top pitcher from the tigers and great catcher so that atleast fills us up a bit...the hanley deal is odd as though its #2 in dodgers farm system that's all we get for an ex 3 time AS and batting crown champ, though he's been a bitch for years now and is shit

this is a smart move and shows that anyone is expendable...just hope we keep JJ now, though he's overrated too as ALWAYS hurt

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

we get 25/35 atleast a night and normally like 32...what you all bitching about..

MiAMiEDDY
    MiAMiEDDY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Im by no means a baseball fan and i may be wrong but isnt this what the marlins always do?? I suppose they rely on their recruiting more than any other team and manage to get by with stolen talent but than again i know nothing.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

A summer sport in a beach city in a retirement state will never work.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Miami has the worst sports fans in the country.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Miami has the worst sports fans in the country.
    100% true...

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    100% true...
    Every1 is 2 rough on us! There"s so much to do in the 305 but once the heat,fins,and marlins start winning every1 will be at the games!

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Fans? Fuk the fans....how about all the taxpayers who are funding the fukkin stadium?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    Fans? Fuk the fans....how about all the taxpayers who are funding the fukkin stadium?
    No sympathy. you trust the same guy who gutted the Expos, you deserve whats coming to you.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    A summer sport in a beach city in a retirement state will never work.

Attendance-wise this is very true....

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hanley a cancer to any team

Most Latin players are

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Miami pro sports fans easily the worst in all of sports. they make Atlanta fans look dedicated.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    Every1 is 2 rough on us! There"s so much to do in the 305 but once the heat,fins,and marlins start winning every1 will be at the games!
    I hate the argument that there is so much to do. There are a lot of places that there is a lot to do but they still fill the seats. I mean going to the game is something to do.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by gators0708 View Post
    What can you do there that you can't somewhere else???

Anyways, no one cares about baseball, there are more important things in life.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

I am a season ticket holder and walk to the stadium. This team is loosing like crazy yet we are 15 in the league in attendance. Not bad fellas...

Hanley move was to free up $$$ they will sign someone big before the deadline i am hopping for youkalis

Miami is a city of transplants. Because everyone is from a much shittier place .. A phillies , braves, mets and shit even the boston series we had this year. Brings in so many away fans that it's 50/50 with attendance

However us having the worse fans? That's bullshit.. We are one of the highest listened teams on radio as well as tv locally ... People care about this franchise

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    I am a season ticket holder and walk to the stadium. This team is loosing like crazy yet we are 15 in the league in attendance. Not bad fellas...

Hanley move was to free up $$$ they will sign someone big before the deadline i am hopping for youkalis

Miami is a city of transplants. Because everyone is from a much shittier place .. A phillies , braves, mets and shit even the boston series we had this year. Brings in so many away fans that it's 50/50 with attendance

However us having the worse fans? That's bullshit.. We are one of the highest listened teams on radio as well as tv locally ... People care about this franchise

Well the franchise does not care about its people. Selling off before the trade deadline? Buying and selling low is a bad business move even in Miami no matter how you look at it.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17360

c'mon man, season ticket holder and walking to the game in that hood???? drug dealer????

why in the world would the white sox give up YUKE whan they're fighting for a division or the #2 wildcard birth????

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Youkalus???

Washed up bum

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by timmyboy34243 View Post
    c'mon man, season ticket holder and walking to the game in that hood???? drug dealer????

why in the world would the white sox give up YUKE whan they're fighting for a division or the #2 wildcard birth????

it was before i realized he was traded..

i live in a brand new apartment building on the river.. its not that bad of a hood..

then again.. shit dont bother me...

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

What a waste building that stadium....they will be bottom 5 in attendance forever thats a guarantee nobody going to the ghetto to watch the game should have built the stadium in Palm Beach

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    What a waste building that stadium....they will be bottom 5 in attendance forever thats a guarantee nobody going to the ghetto to watch the game should have built the stadium in Palm Beach

the area isn't as bad as when the hurricanes played there.. they have knocked down a lot and have built nice brand new apartment building in this area.. there are over 10 new buildings to live in on the river and around the Hospital / Courthouse area... if you are afraid of this part of town.. u are just a pussy...

the stadium is gorgeous.. and more importantly the ladies that go to games are smoking...

you are crazy for saying they should build it in palm beach... palm beach is for old rich people.. they are too busy watching Polo to go to a Marlins game..

putting the team directly in downtown was a great move... A lot of young people live in the Wynwood/River District/Brickell Area... thus making the stadium a 5 min ride from us...

I walk 7 blocks from the river down 17th street to get to the games..

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the owner is a scumbag. he cons everyone into getting a new stadium with taxpayer money, gets the increase in revenue he wants then starts to sell. he doesn't care about putting a good product on the field only the money.

they also switched draft picks with detroit in the new lottery system. essentially moving down in the draft so they wouldn't have to spend much money on the bonus pool.

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    the owner is a scumbag. he cons everyone into getting a new stadium with taxpayer money, gets the increase in revenue he wants then starts to sell. he doesn't care about putting a good product on the field only the money.

they also switched draft picks with detroit in the new lottery system. essentially moving down in the draft so they wouldn't have to spend much money on the bonus pool.

not a fan of Loria

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

I'm from San Diego, padres fan...I'd give my left nut for a world series win

kmarinouofm

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I'm from San Diego, padres fan...I'd give my left nut for a world series win

good luck today.. i will be drinking beers and walking over to the stadium for the game in a few .. GO FISH

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

good luck today.. i will be drinking beers and walking over to the stadium for the game in a few .. GO FISH
    I like the fish today -1 with JJ on the bump..Richard is either very good or very bad it seems for the Padres...