WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Red Sox/Rangers scouting Josh Johnson tonight....

.....and he's obviously interested in getting out of Miami. He's putting on a clinic.

WvGambler

They pulled him early to keep that value scorching right now. They must wanna trade him too.

WvGambler

87 pc, 6 inn, 1 h, 9 k, 0 BB, W

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i could out throw him.

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by bleek88 View Post
    i could out throw him.
    Alllllllright

WvGambler

Marlins Open To Moving Hanley, Likely To Keep Johnson
    By Steve Adams [July 23 at 11:03pm CST]
    The Marlins positioned themselves as sellers earlier today when they traded*Omar Infante and Anibal Sanchez to the Tigers for a package of prospects highlighted by Jacob Turner, and it doesn't sound like they're stopping there. In talking to teams around the league, Scott Miller of CBS Sports hears that the Marlins have "never been more open" to the idea of trading long-time franchise cornerstone Hanley Ramirez.

As Miller notes, the Fish don't feel they're far from contending, they simply have soured on a mix of players that has underperformed. Ramirez's most recent antics, in which he punched a cooling fan in the dugout, now have him unavailable to play. Ramirez stopped taking medication for the cut he sustained, which has led to an infection in his hand.

Ramirez is signed through 2014 and will make $15.5MM in 2013 and $16MM in 2014. The former MVP candidate is batting just .246/.322/.430 with 14 homers and 14 steals.

Miller was told by a source familiar with the Marlins' thinking that they are likely to hang onto right-hander Josh Johnson, who was scouted heavily tonight. Unlike Sanchez, Johnson has one year of team control left, which is why the Marlins preferred to move Sanchez. Johnson will earn $13.75MM in 2013 -- the final year of a four-year, $39MM pact he signed prior to the 2010 season.