PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

frogs if you are trying to design a model, you need to make the plays the model dictates... such as yesterday, you the one most likely to go under was the padres game that was 8-4.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    frogs if you are trying to design a model, you need to make the plays the model dictates... such as yesterday, you the one most likely to go under was the padres game that was 8-4.
    I didnt play it because the umpire in that game had gone over 17 of the 18 games he umpired behind the plate this season

That's a hard trend to go against even if my model took that into consideration

I don't expect exceptions like that to be very common though

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Alright, guess I have no choice

I scripted the thing in a IRC chat program called MIRC because part of the future plans for this and the WNBA calculator I use is for people to be able to come use it as a bot. Therefore I picked MIRC because of its interactivity. I kept this from people because I don't want to rush it and put a timetable on it just so others can use it. I'd rather keep it under wraps and fine tune it until I am ready for people to use it.

We need MonkeyF0cker to weigh in here.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

nikossf
    I dont play at SHIT books
    nikossf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Interesting model here. Looks to me like this thing is pointing you to unders on games. Just stick to those for now and recalculate a new algorithm for the overs. "Over" math seems to be off somewhere.. Gl buddy... Keep it up!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I didn't really want to make MonkeyF0cker look bad, but I picked MIRC because I could make it a bot then access the calculator remotely from my iPhone via mobile IRC client. That way I don't need to be at my computer to get numbers.

Waiting on umpire listings before I run the computations for today.

k22t
    Nationals to win the World Series +800
    k22t's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice avy Frogs, Sam and Delinda were always my favorite from Vegas! Great job and hopefully you have continued success!

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Rod1010 View Post
    Moneyfocker just got buried

No need for him to weigh in

Gl Frog
    He gets more money down everyday than you will in 5 yrs.

And atleast MonkeyF0cker doesn't wear lipstick.

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

I never intended it to find overs, I just figured that the least likely game to go under is the most likely to go over, but thats not the case. Different math and algorithims are needed to find overs, I think there are different aspects involved in a game going over than under.
    Does this raise a red flag for you? The purpose of a model is to accurately produce a fair line. Don't you think a good algorithm would find good overs and unders, simply due to the fact that it is better at making a fair line than the oddsmakers and/or market?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Today's numbers. I dont have time to wait for umpire listings, so this will have to do for now. I got other things to do today. But a lot of games are under friendly today so I am going to have a big card.

-10.878 BAL/CLE (9.5 total)
    -9.878 BAL/CLE (9 total)
    -6.024 MIA/PIT
    -5.406 NYY/OAK
    -5.229 TEX/LAA
    -4.500 CHC/STL (8.5 total)
    -4.409 CHW/DET
    -4.240 TOR/BOS
    -3.543 LAD/NYM
    -3.500 CHC/STL (8 total)
    -3.285 COL/SD (7 total)
    -2.285 COL/SD (6.5 total)
    -2.231 SEA/TB
    -1.396 MIL/CIN (9 total)
    -0.474 HOU/ARI (9 total)
    -0.396 MIL/CIN (8.5 total)
    -0.022 SF/PHI
    0.526 HOU/ARI (8.5 total)
    2.004 ATL/WAS
    7.374 MIN/KC

Plays:

BAL/CLE U 9
    MIA/PIT U 8.5
    NYY/OAK U 7.5
    TEX/LAA U 7.5
    CHC/STL U 8
    CHW/DET U 7.5

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

3-1 so far

2 to go

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I didn't really want to make MonkeyF0cker look bad, but I picked MIRC because I could make it a bot then access the calculator remotely from my iPhone via mobile IRC client. That way I don't need to be at my computer to get numbers.

Waiting on umpire listings before I run the computations for today.
    Oh. I don't care what I look like... Just looked REALLY suspect. And your reply made it seem worse. My apologies.

EXTREMELY unorthodox to use mIRC scripting. Most people would just script a webpage if they were going to go that route. Although, it brings back memories. Used to script channel takeover bots back in the day.

Good luck.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    Oh. I don't care what I look like... Just looked REALLY suspect. And your reply made it seem worse. My apologies.

EXTREMELY unorthodox to use mIRC scripting. Most people would just script a webpage if they were going to go that route. Although, it brings back memories. Used to script channel takeover bots back in the day.

Good luck.
    I still do the mirc flood bots and takeover bots... yeah I have no life

fitguy67

Public-Service Advisory
    my preditiction model says that this thread is "at risk" for an SBRGTTUWATAK* attack

(likely from someone who's major pride in life is becoming a "Pro" at a sodding gambling forum...indicating nothing more than that they once had more dollars handy than triple their IQ)

if it should make an appearance...remember to stay calm...all will be well if we just observe one key rule

*do NOT communicate directly TO it...rather be entertained by it's feeble attempts to gain our "respect" with pathetic threats to "bury" us (with the language fluency of a dimmer-than-most carnival-hand)

note: although we must NEVER engage it directly, we may however talk amongst ourselves ABOUT it from one of two perspectives
    * as a "pest control" issue
    *as an object of our pity (as you would discuss a tantrum-throwing downs-syndrome child who's interrupting grown-up business)...
    maybe we could even discuss trying to alleviate some of it's obvious pain (...and perhaps arrange to all kick in enough points to it...to finance the tube of SBR-store Vagisil that it so badly needs )

I'm really curious to see if it's intelligent enough to apply the "if the shoe fits..." principle...

hopefully this post serves as a "vaccination" against what my model predicts...but if not...we're all on the same page, right...no talking TO it...but ABOUT it can be LOTS AND LOTS of fun
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-21-12 at 01:22 AM.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Under barely cashes for Rangers-Angels.... 5-1 on the day!

Picking unders record 10-1...91% rate I'll take that after 3 days.

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

cheers frosrangers,been following thing this looks promising.. of course today I only tailed the top one being the one loss, lol

fitguy67

sorry for interrupting the thread with that, FR...maybe my "useless twat on the horizon" spidey-sense is over-active...but if a barely-literate dick-wagging OWU (oxygen-wasting unit) comes in here and tries to intimidate it's obvious intellectual superiors with it's supremely-dumbass "you're not a Pro..." _____hmmm, what's the word...i'll be generous here and call it an "idea"...well, we'll be prepared...

but if we're lucky and it resists the temptation to enter the thread and "contribute" it's keyboard-extruded patties...

then just consider me to be like the policeman in the old joke who's been wildly waving his arms in the middle of a busy NewYork intersection ...when asked by a reporter "why?" he claims it's to keep the elephants away...when informed that there are no elephants for thousands of miles, he proudly says..."you're welcome"

I concur with Smut above...a potentially-solid project being developed here with a most-interesting programming medium
    Last edited by fitguy67; 07-21-12 at 01:53 AM.

CHR1S
    CHR1S's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 715

Hrm, looks like its working for Unders. Tailing!

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Not sure if I will be able to run numbers for the next couple of days. I will be on the road traveling

If I do run numbers it will be either early in the morning or late after the games have started

We will see

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Today's Numbers, not a very friendly under card today:

-5.899 MIA/PIT
    -4.269 BAL/CLE
    -3.327 NYY/OAK
    -2.911 CHW/DET
    -2.860 MIL/CIN (8.5 total)
    -1.933 CHC/STL
    -1.860 MIL/CIN (8 total)
    -1.614 TEX/LAA
    -1.310 TOR/BOS
    -0.869 HOU/ARI
    -0.054 LAD/NYM
    0.369 MIN/KC
    1.078 COL/SD
    1.115 SF/PHI
    2.084 SEA/TB
    3.123 ATL/WAS (Game 1)
    5.983 ATL/WAS (Game 2)

Plays:

MIA/PIT U 8.5
    BAL/CLE U 9

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Sir you do not have a clue what you're doing

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Betting on an under with Chris Tillman after that outing last time out is ballsy. Guy buried me in the first inning.

OldHickory
    OldHickory's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1355

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Sir you do not have a clue what you're doing

Dude is 10 and 1 on a hot streak... How doesn't he know what he's doing ?

Smutbucket

lol amen. mathdotcom can you explain what he is and is not doing, or how would you do it if you knew exactly what he was doin? maybe youve tried this same exact formula and failed? in that case, I dont think he would know what he was doing, but I dont think thats the case.

keep up the good shit frogsrangers, I tailed these two....

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17864

not sure what to think of the think tank people coming here and bringing their usual insults

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

nice job again frogger....2-0 today....looking good....

Smutbucket

lol top 5 system results were under but frogsrangers dont know what hes doing........

keep doing it......

idiots like mathdotcom are same idiots who were talking shit about einstein when he first came up with the lightbulb
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Hey guys. I am on the road, but 2-0 today. It's still early, but 12-1 is a promising start.

Not sure if I will be able to post numbers tomorrow. I still have a 9 hour drive to go tomorrow, and my air conditioner crapped out on me. So I'd like to leave my hotel room early tomorrow to get on the road before it gets too hot, since driving today in West Texas in 108 degree heat with no A/C in my car was not fun at all.

So sorry if I can't get the numbers posted tomorrow. Will try to get it on Sunday when I stop in Las Vegas.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Sheet.. dont really mind the criticism, this thing needs to prove itself over the long run to be immune from criticism. But there really isn't anything that complex to it. It's almost like a stat aggregator, just pulls up a bunch of stats and calculates them. Pretty much just a system that greatly speeds up the time it would take to manually look up all these stats.

Points Awarded:

matt711 gave frogsrangers 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

CHR1S gave frogsrangers 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

matt711
    matt711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2458

Great job so far Frogsranger...Keep up the hard work..it anint easy,been doing this for a long time....

fitguy67

smut...i'm sure u meant Edison (not Einstein) to go with your example...i agree with your point...altogether too many twats around here eager to pour cold water on any new approaches...

mgt_3
    mgt_3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good stuff!

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Smutbucket View Post
    lol top 5 system results were under but frogsrangers dont know what hes doing........

keep doing it......

idiots like mathdotcom are same idiots who were talking shit about einstein when he first came up with the lightbulb
    LMAO.

Now that's fukkin classic.

Smutbucket

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post
    smut...i'm sure u meant Edison (not Einstein) to go with your example...i agree with your point...altogether too many twats around here eager to pour cold water on any new approaches...

lol precisly, Im tired of these ***** who claim themselves great without ever trying anything new/nothing to show for themselves. been seing a lot of diff people around these forums and smug peices of shit who think they know the proper way to the money hole, yet have never proved or had a thread with winning picks, gets old. mathdotcoms garbage gets old. dont know if its just coincidencce of the posts Ive seen from him but asshole just pretends to be a big money dog without any legitimate backing, they name drop well , know some of the lingo but at the end of the day they are freaking clueless, creating efficient and legitimate systems like these is not an exact science and incredibly hard to maintain + $ over a sustainable amount of time, hats off to those who try

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirited View Post
    not sure what to think of the think tank people coming here and bringing their usual insults
    Me neither.

Just so we're on the same page...

Insults = bad. Right? I mean, they can't possibly be advisory.

So many sensitive males on this forum these days.

Mathy, stop hurting people's feelings.

First 123456 ... Last